Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,823 members, 7,813,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School (4179 Views)

Meet Moses Onamade Who Never Went To Secondary School But Was HOD In UNILAG / Photos: Only Those Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Understand This / 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by Chiscomax(m): 11:58am On Aug 09, 2015
The Shephard Boy's Song

1 He that is down needs fear no fall, he that is low, no pride; he that is humble ever shall have God to be his guide.

2 I am content with what I have, little be it, or much: and, Lord, contentment still I crave, because thou savest such.

3 Fulness to such a burden is that go on pilgrimage: here little, and hereafter bliss, is best from age to age.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by ladyF(f): 11:59am On Aug 09, 2015
Hmmm

which kain school I go sef?
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by Davidson267(m): 11:59am On Aug 09, 2015
J
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by jamesharryson(m): 12:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
I cAn recite it without looking anywhere
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
sounds strange to me. does dat mean I went to rubbish school undecided

2 Likes

Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
My headmaster taught me this back then when i was in primary six==around 2006BC grin
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by calddon(m): 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
@op ur on ur own

1 Like

Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by ademiD(f): 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by Harmvirus(f): 2:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
I no go better school undecided
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by whugo(m): 4:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
Harmvirus:
Don't worry bae,our pikins owh sorry children will go to a bera skoo grin
Harmvirus:
Don't worry bae,our pikins owh sorry children will go to a bera skoo
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by whugo(m): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
calddon:
@op ur on ur own
Its obvious you didn't attend the kind of school myself and op attended grin
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by kkkossy(m): 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
I remember the song and the melody. The good old days in primary school.
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by Atlantian: 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2015
If that poem is a yardstick to measure "good" primary education, then I am excited that I went to a bad one. I am happy because I appreciate that I wasnt exposed to contentment at my early age. That is extreme wicked thing to do. Inducing the doctrine of content with nothing in the minds of growing kids.
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by orogodoganyin(m): 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2015
big lies... those poems don't belong 2 good schools
on a 2nd thought, it depends on ur idea of good school. definitely not international standard sha
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by flames007(m): 5:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
yay,i knew all dis while that my primary school was d bomb!
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by OsoDupe(f): 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2015
Your topic should have been a twenty first century primary school and not a good school.

1 Like

Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by onuwaje(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2015
To b very very realistic I do not like to lie... I do not know this poem

1 Like

Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by mysticdollar(f): 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2015
I went to a good primary school but a muslim school
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by uniqueren(f): 6:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
I will always watch uncle senoir's bear bear when he sings it..the third stanza sha, i know not
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by calddon(m): 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
whugo:

Its obvious you didn't attend the kind of school myself and op attended grin
Lolz i went to some pako school, guess the only synonymous song is the "some have food" break song.

1 Like

Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by Dani4tech(m): 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2015
0ld sch0ol or New sch0ol?? undecided
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by jnrbayano(m): 8:05pm On Aug 09, 2015
OsoDupe:
Your topic should have been a twenty first century primary school and not a good school.

20th century
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by Sanchez01: 8:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
Chiscomax:
The Shephard Boy's Song

1 He that is down needs fear no fall, he that is low, no pride; he that is humble ever shall have God to be his guide.

2 I am content with what I have, little be it, or much: and, Lord, contentment still I crave, because thou savest such.

3 Fulness to such a burden is that go on pilgrimage: here little, and hereafter bliss, is best from age to age.
It is not a poem but a HYMN. It's in the small "S.O.P" (Songs of Praise), blue cover (back in the days). Some other popular hymns contained therein are "Now the day is over", "All things bright and beautiful" and "Jerusalem on high"

Reminiscing alreadygrin
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by ifoundmyperfect: 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2015
I skipped primary school... grin
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by cococandy(f): 8:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
My favorite smiley
So nostalgic right now.
Aunty Mercy.

Lol OP is that the measure of a good school? You're funny.
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by Nogen: 9:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
Wao! Still remember the song till date. My primary school rocked and still rocks.
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by Chiscomax(m): 10:12pm On Aug 09, 2015
Sanchez01:

It is not a poem but a HYMN. It's in the small "S.O.P" (Songs of Praise), blue cover (back in the days). Some other popular hymns contained therein are "Now the day is over", "All things bright and beautiful" and "Jerusalem on high"

Reminiscing alreadygrin

'All things bright and beautiful' I remember when Uncle Bright flogs us when we don't sing it to his taste
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
I know the second one, not because I learnt in school but because my mum was fond of singing it to our ears while growing up. I never liked the song then, cause it stopped me from begging for food and other stuff then...but now its a different story.
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by pbs4real(m): 11:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
kkkossy:
I remember the song and the melody. The good old days in primary school.
and wat yr are we talking abt?
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by pbs4real(m): 11:39pm On Aug 09, 2015
Dani4tech:
0ld sch0ol or New sch0ol?? undecided
i bet its ndw schl.

1 Like

Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 10, 2015
EroticAngelina:
sounds strange to me. does dat mean I went to rubbish school undecided
Twinkle Twinkle Little star primary school
Re: If You Know This Poem, You Went To A Good Primary School by 7footre(m): 6:54am On Aug 10, 2015
What ever happened to old roger is dead, Mary had a little lamb, twinkle twinkle little start and d rest? Abi those ones na for pkako skol dem sing those ones?

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Calabar Direct Entry Admission Help For Atleast Merit / The 22 Year Old OAU Student Who Built A Million Dollar Hedge Fund / My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.