Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate (56691 Views)

Meet Moses Onamade Who Never Went To Secondary School But Was HOD In UNILAG / Photos: Only Those Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Understand This / 10 Signs That You Are A 'Half-Baked' Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by tosyne2much(m): 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2015
At the mention of the word "illiteracy", people jump to conclusion that it is the basic inability to write legibly or speak Queens' English properly, and/or inability to understand or produce written information properly. But I can assure you that there are several degrees of illiteracy in Nigeria (regardless of your Academic Certification)

To a broad view, many people have earned some level of Academic Certification, they can however read and write which makes them educated, no doubt about that, but ironically, they are not in any way different from the illiterates in the society

I had noticed many types of acts by highly educated people that makes me astound. Now I'm gonna point out some basic illiterate- types act done by most of the educated elites that makes them synonymous to illiterates

Note: The fact that you could admit to see a part of yourself doing these things doesn't mean you should throw punches at me. cheesy

Here we go cool

10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate

1. Becoming APC/PDP Tyrants

It's shameful that some politicians often make use of our so called educated youths to fulfil their political desire. You may find them either in the middle of the road with bottles, creating road blocks fighting for Biafra, GEJ or Buhari, not minding to lay down their lives for the penny offered by APC or PDP. This is one of the illiteracy we are talking about. Smh

2. Poor Dress Sense

To a reasonable extent, your dressing exemplifies what you have inside of you. It is shameful that some acclaimed educated people don't even know how to dress properly. Their role model are Davido or Wizkid who are old enough to be their kid brothers" mate. You will see them sagging, showing their newly bought boxers to the world to see, even though they are not into showbiz. They are not in any way different from illiterates

3. Afterall, "English is not my Mother Tongue"

Some educated persons would blame their inability to communicate lucidly and fluently in English on their primary school teachers who had passed on twenty years ago. When they are caught in moment of blunders, they will opine that, afterall, English is not their native language. Smh

4. Fond of or Addicted to Smoking & Drinking Alcohols

Even though they are perfectly aware of the defects of how much these are injurious to the health, you will see them indulge in taking these injurious substances. Some of them share the same gene with goats. Are they in any way different from the illiterates? cheesy No they are not

5. Engaging in Unprotected Sex

Some of them show gratification for calculatively and expertly sleeping with several ladies without releasing se.men. You will find them at wvery barber's shop troubling the barber to sterilize the clippers properly before using it on their hair. They aren't afraid of sexually transmitted diseases but are so much concerned about contacting diseases arising from the use of public clippers. Isn't this illiteracy? It is cheesy

6. Not adhering to warnings/instructions

Some people are illiterate solely because they cannot read and write, and we accept that; but what about those who can read and can understand written from of communication yet disobey? Some of them will see warnings such as "Don't drive when drunk"; "Wreckless driving kills", "obey traffic rules", etc; yet you will see them at Lagos-Ibadan Expressway competing with every trailer and Dangote truck.

7. Defecating in Public Places

This goes to the male folks. We have various species of them living beside my villa. They have good toilets yet you will see them defecating beside other people's houses (they call it short put). I even fought with a dude yesterday for defecating beside my room cheesy This is nothing but illiteracy cheesy

8. Visiting the Brothel

If you surf through the net you will find numerous customized pictures, blogs, articles etc. Showing how "WE" blame our Govt, Police, Politicians, School System, etc. for all the evils happening to us. As a matter of fact, not every problem should be attributed to bad governance because sometimes, we are the architect of our own problems.

Some educated people spend irresponsibly, such as not saving money for future hardships; squandering their hard earned money on Olosho and Ashewos, all for five minutes enjoyment. cheesy this is another height of illiteracy common with the educated ones

9. Fighting in Public

Some of them will not hesitate of pull off their shirts and trousers and start fighting with conductor for their change. However, you will even see some of them fighting abo.ki selling suya for ordinary tasting tongue

I drop my pen at this point cool

Have fun cool

10. Feel free to add the last one

Cc: Lalasticlala

Original writer: Tosyne2much

95 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Sveen: 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
Apart from the sex aspect, none of the other stuffs can happen in Unilorin.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by henrylowe(m): 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
Booked
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Omotayor123(f): 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2015
Lol... Nice one OP! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by zinachidi(m): 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2015
don't literate people do all u just wrote? undecided

16 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by SeverusSnape(m): 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2015
10. Believing APC will bring change.

If you believed or still believing the above, then your education was a waste, In fact, go and request for the tuition fee you paid all these years.

11. If you disagree with the above ^^^

If you don't agree with the tenth point, then your case is irredeemable. You need psychological evaluation, Because you're suffering from acute buhariasis.

196 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by wristbangle: 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
11. Urinating and throwing dirts in public

I saw one guy in tuxedo today at Lekki when he came down from his car with the thought that he wants to use the ATM only for him to urinate in front of the bank drainage system admist people and throw the plastic bottle water in his hand on the floor. The security men challenged him but instead of showing empathy, he was reigning curse on them. I just don't understand why a good looking/educated guy will degrade himself to this shameful act. SMH

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by SeverusSnape(m): 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2015
wristbangle:
Dem don snatch my FTC space oo cry cry
You're the same as the OP. I know.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Khd95(m): 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2015
Disobeying common rules nd regulation is an act of illiteracy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by henrylowe(m): 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2015
zinachidi:
A perfect example of the OP... Bro, just read the write-up over and over again for better comprehension

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Omotayor123(f): 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2015
wristbangle:
Dem don snatch my FTC space oo cry cry
grin grin grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Omotayor123(f): 6:33pm On Dec 09, 2015
zinachidi:
Dear read and comprehend before you comment tongue

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by wristbangle: 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:

You're the same as the OP. I know.

undecidedundecided
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by SeverusSnape(m): 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2015
wristbangle:

I saw one guy in tuxedo today at Lekki when he came down from his car with the thought that he wants to use the ATM only for him to urinate in front of the bank drainage system admist people and throw the plastic bottle water in his hands on the floor. The security men challenged him but instead of showing empathy, he was reigning curse on them. SMH

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by hayorzzyzx(m): 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
tosyne2much:
3. Afterall, "English is not my Mother Tongue"
Some educated persons would blame their
inability to communicate lucidly and fluently in
English on their primary school teachers which
had died twenty years ago. When they are caught
in an embarrassing moment of blunders, they will
opine that, afterall, English is not their native
language. Smh

Shey English con be your mother tongue?......talk na

7 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by mentorandfriend(m): 6:39pm On Dec 09, 2015
Number 1 is so on point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by naijaboiy: 6:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by wristbangle: 6:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:
10. Believing APC will bring change.

If you believed or still believing the above, then your education was a waste, In fact, go and request for the tuition fee you paid all these years.

11. If you disagree with the above ^^^

If you don't agree with the tenth point, then your case is irredeemable. You need psychological evaluation, Because you're suffering from acute buhariasis.

Am sorry to say but none of your statement makes sense. There is NO correlation between the OP's article and your point

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by zinachidi(m): 6:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
henrylowe:
A perfect example of the OP... Bro, just read the write-up over and over again for better comprehension
i was being literal.
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by SeverusSnape(m): 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
wristbangle:

Am sorry to say but none of your statement makes sense. There is correlation between the write up and your point
Thank goodness you know "There is correlation..."
Truth is bitter eh?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by zinachidi(m): 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
Omotayor123:

Dear read and comprehend before you comment tongue
dear, read and comprehend before u quote me.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by fattbabakay(m): 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2015
Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by tosyne2much(m): 6:50pm On Dec 09, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Number 1 is so on point.
Baba, you sef follow dey read this thread cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by fattbabakay(m): 6:51pm On Dec 09, 2015
wristbangle:

I saw one guy in tuxedo today at Lekki when he came down from his car with the thought that he wants to use the ATM only for him to urinate in front of the bank drainage system admist people and throw the plastic bottle water in his hand on the floor. The security men challenged him but instead of showing empathy, he was reigning curse on them. SMH
U can lie ehn.. Lion King!!!

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by tosyne2much(m): 6:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
wristbangle:

I saw one guy in tuxedo today at Lekki when he came down from his car with the thought that he wants to use the ATM only for him to urinate in front of the bank drainage system admist people and throw the plastic bottle water in his hand on the floor. The security men challenged him but instead of showing empathy, he was reigning curse on them. SMH
hahahaha roflwkmd cheesy

See as I dey burst laf cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by wristbangle: 7:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
fattbabakay:
U can lie ehn.. Lion King!!!

So lion king dey lie? tongue

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by SeverusSnape(m): 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2015
tosyne2much:
hahahaha roflwkmd cheesy

See as I dey burst laf cheesy
I like your style.
Replying yourself. What do we call that?, Illiteracy or lunacy? smiley

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by tosyne2much(m): 7:09pm On Dec 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:

I like your style.

Replying yourself. What do we call that?, Illiteracy or lunacy? smiley
Whatever you call it tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 09, 2015
This is very true sometime I do ask myself what is the different between illiterate and educated ones in this country. You will see some people making phone call and be so lousy like kilode. There are lots especially within Lagos. Don't just deer some men in suit ooo they are more dangerous than the tout you see on the street.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by SeverusSnape(m): 7:17pm On Dec 09, 2015
Mrcdorv:
This is very true sometime I do ask myself what is the different between illiterate and educated ones in this country. You will see some people making phone call and be so lousy like kilode. There are lots especially within Lagos. Don't just deer some men in suit ooo they are more dangerous than the tout you see on the street.

"lousy" shouldn't be the word in this context. I think 'indiscreet' or 'loudmouthed' is better. @ highlighted

@ bolded, "deer"??... Deer the animal

4 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:

"lousy" shouldn't be the word in this context. I think 'indiscreet' or 'loudmouthed' is better. @ highlighted

@ bolded, "deer"??... Deer the animal
You am a sch cert older but composed one....anyway thanks for this will modify.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Only Went To School But An Illiterate by SeverusSnape(m): 7:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
Mrcdorv:
You am a sch cert older but composed one....anyway thanks for this will modify.

Okay. You be correct guy.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See What Kenyan Student Did When He Was Given A Difficult Math Question In Exam / 18 Pictures That Describe Having The Worst Roommates At University / List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.