Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Mother-in-law below the wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother-in-law below the wife? (1132 Views)

Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother-in-law below the wife? by Chidoks(f): 4:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
the author of "Together for ever" a facebook page posted a write up in which he told men that their mothers are below their wives.ofcourse he got so many reactions for and against it.
personally i think both ( mother and wife) have their roles to play in his life but none is below the other.none should be down played.what do you think?
Re: Mother-in-law below the wife? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 09, 2015
A Mother can't play the role of a Wife,likewise a Wife can't play the role of a Mother.. Both are important,and its difficult to place one above the other.
Some people place their Mother above their Wife and some their Wife above their Mother..
Problem starts when we try to place one above the other,but if we accept the fact that they are both in our lives for different roles,and we allow them to play their roles,without giving the role of a Mother to Wife and role of a Wife to Mother we won't really have to think of placing one above the other,we will then realize that without a Mother and Wife,our lives can't be completed

6 Likes

Re: Mother-in-law below the wife? by Chidoks(f): 4:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
^^ bless you my sister.i said something like that and see attack.most of them were screaming " leaving and cleaving" as if the term means' kill' the MIL. and most of them are whites.i still don't understand how they view marriage.

1 Like

Re: Mother-in-law below the wife? by DollyParton1(f): 9:42am On Aug 10, 2015
Why are they comparing both?
This is how enemity starts between MIL and DIL.
Two different people who has two different roles to play in the life of the man.
Your mother is your mother while your wife is your wife.

1 Like

Re: Mother-in-law below the wife? by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 15, 2015
But first of all, why must there be comparison between Wife and Mother?

2 Likes

Re: Mother-in-law below the wife? by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 15, 2015
I honestly don't know when this age long competition between MILs and DILs will stop.

If only human beings are considerate and fair in the daily dealings. Hmmnn. . .

2 Likes

Re: Mother-in-law below the wife? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 15, 2015
Chidoks:
^^ bless you my sister.i said something like that and see attack.most of them were screaming " leaving and cleaving" as if the term means' kill' the MIL. and most of them are whites.i still don't understand how they view marriage.
if it ok by you, can we have a conversation privately?
Re: Mother-in-law below the wife? by Haywhymido(m): 11:35am On Aug 15, 2015
prettydiva89:
A Mother can't play the role of a Wife,likewise a Wife can't play the role of a Mother.. Both are important,and its difficult to place one above the other.
Some people place their Mother above their Wife and some their Wife above their Mother..
Problem starts when we try to place one above the other,but if we accept the fact that they are both in our lives for different roles,and we allow them to play their roles,without giving the role of a Mother to Wife and role of a Wife to Mother we won't really have to think of placing one above the other,we will then realize that without a Mother/Father and Wife/Husband (as applicable),our lives can't be completed
fixed. nice comment.All dose ladies clamouring for dem to be placed above their MIL will soon reach dat MIL stage.Let see how they will feel den
Re: Mother-in-law below the wife? by bukatyne(f): 12:43pm On Aug 15, 2015
The OP is very correct.

Think about it, your mother whom you hold in high esteem is someone's daughter who left her family and cleaved to her husband ditto your father.

A MIL is the queen of her husband and should reign there.

And I never pray to compete with my DIL for my son's love/attention. My husband's love/attention is enough for me.

A good MIL knows that her son's attention is for his wife Now.

Also remember your wife has a family she came from.
Re: Mother-in-law below the wife? by Jahblessme: 1:33pm On Aug 15, 2015
In my little nuclear family I reign supreme. I am the queen bee.Any challenger will be stung into submission.

My parents n his parents have only the roles of advice and support when and if requested and of course spoiling the grandkids.

I'm sure in Mils home she is also the queen,no questions asked.Same with my mother.

Translate it how you want.Once in my domain its my way or the highway.When I'm in her territory, I also follow her rules or manipulate myself smartly out of things that don't please me.

In the end we blow kisses in d air both fake and real then move on. grin

2 Likes

Re: Mother-in-law below the wife? by 5minsmadness: 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
Just know that you being the wife will one day be the mother-in-law.
That's life smiley

(1) (Reply)

Must Read For Parents!!! / Jinns Are In My House! / His Fiancee's father Wants Him To Impregnate His Babe Before Marriage,Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.