Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Why Don't We Have A Video Game Company In Nigeria - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Why Don't We Have A Video Game Company In Nigeria (1731 Views)

Whats The Best And Affordable Camera For A Video Editor (beginner) / Are You A Video Editor? Let's Have A Talk / Help A Brother Get A Video Camera Operator Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't We Have A Video Game Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hello fellow game-lovers, animators, graphic designers, texture artists, 3d modellers, programmers. It's 2015 and we still don't have a reputable Indigenous Game company as in real game companies in the mould of ubisoft. I know there's gamsole,kuluya,maliyo e.t.c but these companies only make mobile and online games.I'm a 3d modeller/texture artist in Toronto but i believe being a game designer in Nigeria can be really lucrative if we do the right things by using relatable stories. I have some really brilliant ideas i'm willing to share with anyone who's interested which i'm very sure will turn out good.. Please i would like to know what you guys think about this and if you have some works to showcase,please feel free to do so.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have A Video Game Company In Nigeria by kestolove95(m): 7:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
Bcox igbo boys dnt see it as a business dat brings enuf intrest dem for don dey do d fake one
Re: Why Don't We Have A Video Game Company In Nigeria by felixchip(m): 9:10pm On Aug 09, 2015
kestolove95:
Bcox igbo boys dnt see it as a business dat brings enuf intrest dem for don dey do d fake one

I was enjoying what the Op was saying until I read your comment. If Igbos are not doing it 'cause they can't do the fake, why don't you and your family come up with one that's not fake.

And, Op, the problem is that there're a lot of challenges that face such projects.

I was part of a crew that wanted to run a similar project. We submitted models. Along the line, the whole thing started pulling apart.

Well, if you have what it takes to get the project good, count me in. I can roll the dice where and when I can. 3D modeling and texturing.
Re: Why Don't We Have A Video Game Company In Nigeria by Brugo(m): 7:53am On Aug 10, 2015
Yeah, there are a number of 3d games on Google play made by Nigerians in Nigeria.

As for console games, well, what is the use of spending so much on game development when you can thrive better with your idea in developed countries? We also don't have a high number of gamers in this country so the market is not viable.

Any Nigerian company that can produce excellent games would be spending almost twice the funds that EA, Ubsoft, etc are spending. Why? Because of the cost of electricity alone. Yet they won't be able to raise their prices to accommodate for the production cost cos there are competitors in developed countries. Nobody wants to run at a loss.

It pays Nigerian developers to sell their ideas to the big boys instead.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have A Video Game Company In Nigeria by reidkrugger(m): 8:21am On Aug 10, 2015
I think the resource problem is more of artistic than electricity. Electricity is not cheap anywhere. Now, u stil need programmers & i‘m not talkin website builders. If d man power is here, putting up a game would b more cost efficient but if u hv to bring ppl from abroad then costs r going to b on a whole new level. So d real problems are getting the right artists and coders. Power can be worked around especially now dat u hv solars n inverters.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have A Video Game Company In Nigeria by 9jaGJ: 7:48am On Dec 17, 2015
I think the industry is an evolving one and it will grow steady.
To make a commercial viable game it take more than a developer.
There is a need for publisher which under the business side of turning a game development into a profitable one.
And there is need for platform that all developers will be meeting like Unity User Group if there is any in Nigeria.
I believe the industry is growing and deepening.
Re: Why Don't We Have A Video Game Company In Nigeria by DerrickM(m): 11:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
Well said,bro,over here we rely on video tutorials to help out but attending professional courses in 3d animation and game development in schools like Full Sail University,SAE Institute & iAnimate will help the African industry greatly. It can be done but it'll take more effort from us. May the force of the pixel be with us all...

reidkrugger:
I think the resource problem is more of artistic than electricity. Electricity is not cheap anywhere. Now, u stil need programmers & i‘m not talkin website builders. If d man power is here, putting up a game would b more cost efficient but if u hv to bring ppl from abroad then costs r going to b on a whole new level. So d real problems are getting the right artists and coders. Power can be worked around especially now dat u hv solars n inverters.

(1) (Reply)

Branding And Packaging In Nigeria Best Companies / How Would You Rate This Design That Earn Me $600 In Designcrowd Logo Contest / Help On How To Get Adobe Illustrator Cs6 Serial Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.