Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

My Encounter With ROAD SAFETY Along Lekki Ajah On Sunday - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Encounter With ROAD SAFETY Along Lekki Ajah On Sunday (860 Views)

Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead / My Encounter With An Edo Witch / Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With ROAD SAFETY Along Lekki Ajah On Sunday by chinksy7: 7:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
So I was coming from Sangotedo this evening,
when they poured themselves on the road as if they were trying to stop a motorcade
All the other cars they tried to stop did not even give them a sec
They just zoomed off
I witnessed how one car was struck with the fist of one of the officers

So being a novice at this, I pulled out to the side
One fat officer - his name has K's and Q's and a P somwhere - I didn't even think
I already became worked up and frustrated

Road Safety Officer (RSO): Let me see your license, fire extinguisher and C-caution and your car papers

Me: Without even glancing at his face, I brought out my license and handed it to him; came down showed him my C-caution - he wasnt paying attention, as he wanted to flag down another car. Finally he came and said, your fire extinguisher is empty - but he gave me back.

Hmm. here something seemed off. I would have thought he would jump at the idea of AHAH! no fire extinguisher.

However, I just walked back into my car

He came over and said:

RSO: Oga, where did you get this license?

Me: Ahah! What is wrong with the license?

RSO: What is the name of the office you got the license?

Me: Licensing office

RSO: Where?

Me: At the licensing office.

RSO: Oga! Your license is fake

Me: Eheh! Hmmm

RSO: Called another officer (RSO 2 - this one now came with a friendlier face - unlike the old grumpy looking one there)

RSO2: Oga! (he spoke in Igbo language) - as a way of trying to win me over as he saw my igbo name. That is the only Igbo line I know oh

RSO2: where did you get this license?

Me: I just said, hold on - as I tried to speak with someone on the phone

RSO2: Oga, this license is fake, and the fine is 20,000 naira alone for PFL (or some code)

Me: Eheh! After what I paid for this license, you tell me its fake - all the people here u cudnt stop, I watched them pass. I am sure they all had ORIGINAL License

Immediately, another one came and said - what is going on here, please if he has a fake license, carry the vehicle into the office, please, I am in charge here (as the other was giving him a kind of salute) - i just watched on. RSO3 now walked away

Later, he came back and said oga, the best thing I can do for you is to pay 10,000 naira

Ahah! I immediately knew their intention - they were not there to enforce any law - they just want to intimidate, embarrass and frustrate the hell out of certain people.

As I stood there, they could not stop any car that was fancy because nobody even slowed down for them - they just sped!
In my mind, I said - oh - i have become their prey today.

A pure water truck was stopped and I overheard them say that ah: he had no license, no spare tyre, no papers - yet I know they let him go after the driver did some grovelling.

I witnessed one fat man in a car threatening to beat one officer as the officer said he would break his glass. all these were happening while I was still under interrogation (as if i had committed a crime)

The one who was being friendly before (RSO2) now turned all hostile and called an "olowo" to bring the deflator that he would flatten my tyre.
The one who called himself the leader now started begging him

All I witnessed was the plight of old men depicting foolery.
Juggling emotions in a bid to instil fear in me - however, I was diplomatic.
I told them I believed in their cause, but on this incidence, why will they impound my vehicle. They wanted me to walk home or "get a cab" as they said.

At the end of the day - after much foolery, they parted me with all the money I had on me.
I felt cheated - my so called "fake" license was handed back to me so I can continue using my "fake" licence
Or so if they caught me again, we would play the same game of Tom and Bruno!!

Well, what you think Nairalanders?
Re: My Encounter With ROAD SAFETY Along Lekki Ajah On Sunday by ladyF(f): 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
Chai
How much u give them? Where did u get ur licence tho?
Re: My Encounter With ROAD SAFETY Along Lekki Ajah On Sunday by VickJames(m): 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
You shouldn't have stopped. You should have given them 200naira and speed off.
Re: My Encounter With ROAD SAFETY Along Lekki Ajah On Sunday by blank(f): 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2015
As long as you have original papers, you would have asked them to do their worst.

They have tried it with me a while ago. Told me that my particulars were fake. I said okay arrest me and let me pay the fine. Then I called the oga's name and said I would make sure the case gets to court and social media. That I have snapped their picture and uploaded to YouTube. I told them to stop wasting my time and take me to their station that I am a lawyer and I am ready to make my name famous. They just gave me back my particulars and said woman go with your trouble.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With ROAD SAFETY Along Lekki Ajah On Sunday by tellwisdom: 2:42am On Aug 10, 2015
Ohhhh okkkkk, You have a car??
Re: My Encounter With ROAD SAFETY Along Lekki Ajah On Sunday by bizzle2: 10:38am On Aug 18, 2015
Hg
Re: My Encounter With ROAD SAFETY Along Lekki Ajah On Sunday by bizzle2: 10:39am On Aug 18, 2015
Are you kidding? cheesy These people are borderline insane!!
To think they would deliberately accuse you of possessing fake documentation just to extort money?
blank:
As long as you have original papers, you would have asked them to do their worst.

They have tried it with me a while ago. Told me that my particulars were fake. I said okay arrest me and let me pay the fine. Then I called the oga's name and said I would make sure the case gets to court and social media. That I have snapped their picture and uploaded to YouTube. I told them to stop wasting my time and take me to their station that I am a lawyer and I am ready to make my name famous. They just gave me back my particulars and said woman go with your trouble.
Re: My Encounter With ROAD SAFETY Along Lekki Ajah On Sunday by achi4u(m): 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
But Op you sound like someone with fake papers, next time threatened to sue them for criminal act and see how they will be quick to free you.

One of them told me that my spare tire has expired and I told him that he may be right, that I want him to show me where the expiration date is written, the mofo went and point at inscription on the rim, I nearly curse him, see how I collected my papers from him and speed off ,he was hapless as his partner looked at him with scornful eyes.
Re: My Encounter With ROAD SAFETY Along Lekki Ajah On Sunday by ifyalways(f): 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
I no go lie, this write up pissed me off.

How the heck do u just part with your money cos of this small " shake up"? They saw you as a mugu and you confirmed yourself to be a mugu.

Shiorrrr cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Suggestions: Improving Nairaland / When Nigerians dreaming of Lagos marathon heard Kenyans/Ethiopians are participa / Brand New Imported Original American Fitness ND GYM EQUIPMENT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.