Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead (16521 Views)

Chief Sunday Igboho, Prince Kazeem Eletu React To Ade Lawyer’s Allegation / Breaking: Former Premier League Ace Dalian Atkinson Dies After Being Tasered / Nigeria’s Youngest Police IG Ever, Sunday Adewusi, Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Opeedo(m): 11:13pm On Jan 26, 2016

Sunday Adedayo Adewusi
The former inspector general of police in Nigeria Chief Sunday Adewusi is dead TheNews.NG can authoritatively report. News reaching TheNews.NG discloses that Chief Adewusi diedat age 79 on Tuesday night at the National Hospital, Area 11, Abuja.

Sunday Adedayo Adewusi (born, Ogbomoso, Nigeria) was a Nigerian Policeman and former Inspector General of Police. He was appointed in 1981 to succeed Adamu Suleiman and was succeeded by Etim Inyang in 1983.

He was the ADC to the then Governor-General of Nigeria, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe.

Adewusi was born in Eggon Local Government area of Nasarawa State to the family of Pa Abraham Ishola Adeyinka Adewusi and Princess Eyiolawi Abeje.

Recall that he became the youngest Commissioner of Police to be appointed at a tender age of 32. He also became the Inspector General of police at the age of 45, superseding those that were senior in rank to him.

Late Chief Sunday Adebayo Adewusi is survived by his wife and many children.

SOURCE: https://www.thenews.ng/metro/breaking-former-ig-sunday-adewusi-is-dead/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Bambless1(m): 11:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
Olorun A F'orun Ke Adewusi Oh
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by ibkgab001: 11:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
RIP to him But "OGBOMOSHO"
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Xclusivegrin007(m): 11:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
May his soul r.i.p

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by haconjy(m): 3:26am On Jan 27, 2016
I thought its the one from my side.... rip
www.themafrica..com
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by naptu2: 7:24am On Jan 27, 2016
naptu2:
[size=14pt]Sunday Adewusi is dead![/size]

That man was gangster!

He bought Saxon Armoured Cars, Sterling submachine guns, water cannons, Mercedes Benz Unimogs, etc for the Mobile Police Force. The guys that planned the 1983 coup told the other ranks that Sunday Adewusi was equiping the police force to fight against soldiers in the event of a coup. That's why some of the soldiers went crazy and killed innocent and unarmed policemen.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by daftpikin: 7:33am On Jan 27, 2016
I believe he lived a very good life and would be returning to his creator fulfilled. RIP

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Abduletudaye(m): 7:33am On Jan 27, 2016
RIP
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Daslim180(m): 7:34am On Jan 27, 2016
RIP
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by kelvstenz: 7:34am On Jan 27, 2016
Rip
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by DirtyGold: 7:35am On Jan 27, 2016
RIP man
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 27, 2016
Opeedo:

Sunday Adedayo Adewusi
The former inspector general of police in Nigeria Chief Sunday Adewusi is dead TheNews.NG can authoritatively report. News reaching TheNews.NG discloses that Chief Adewusi diedat age 79 on Tuesday night at the National Hospital, Area 11, Abuja.

Sunday Adedayo Adewusi (born, Ogbomoso, Nigeria) was a Nigerian Policeman and former Inspector General of Police. He was appointed in 1981 to succeed Adamu Suleiman and was succeeded by Etim Inyang in 1983.

He was the ADC to the then Governor-General of Nigeria, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe.

Adewusi was born in Eggon Local Government area of Nasarawa State to the family of Pa Abraham Ishola Adeyinka Adewusi and Princess Eyiolawi Abeje.

Recall that he became the youngest Commissioner of Police to be appointed at a tender age of 32. He also became the Inspector General of police at the age of 45, superseding those that were senior in rank to him.

Late Chief Sunday Adebayo Adewusi is survived by his wife and many children.

SOURCE: https://www.thenews.ng/metro/breaking-former-ig-sunday-adewusi-is-dead/

so lalasticlala and mynd44 just woke up..good morning guys...eka aro!
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by absoluteSuccess: 7:36am On Jan 27, 2016
rest in peace
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Houseofglam7(f): 7:36am On Jan 27, 2016
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by ninjatoyta87: 7:36am On Jan 27, 2016
R.I.P
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by xxiv(m): 7:36am On Jan 27, 2016
Rest in peace
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by bastien: 7:36am On Jan 27, 2016
Rip sire cry

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by mrbillz(m): 7:38am On Jan 27, 2016
RIP
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by BE811APP: 7:38am On Jan 27, 2016
Oh no...
First topic on NL is a sad news today angry sad embarassed

I pray that today is going to be a good day..
No bad news today for anyone reading this....AMEN!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Nathdoug(m): 7:39am On Jan 27, 2016
Rip sir...hope u lived a Godly life

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 27, 2016
Now is time to face your own judgement. All that you looted while in the police is vanity .rip

Empty u came .
Empty u left .

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by deebsman1(m): 7:39am On Jan 27, 2016
CP @ 32 sad
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Berrylite: 7:42am On Jan 27, 2016
RIP
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by ELGREF(m): 7:45am On Jan 27, 2016
ibkgab001:
RIP to him But "OGBOMOSHO"
what's wrong with my town,I'm pround of my town,awa la ma je ka,ta tun fi eko yangan le,Ogun o ja ko ko ogbomoso....

8 Likes

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by Williamsesco(m): 7:46am On Jan 27, 2016
RIP
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by boboLIL(m): 7:47am On Jan 27, 2016
Rip hero
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by ibkgab001: 7:48am On Jan 27, 2016
Hummmm ilu nla fun Awon odale ( traitor)
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by kennyman2000(m): 7:49am On Jan 27, 2016
RIP sir!
Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by bewla(m): 7:50am On Jan 27, 2016
season of death RIP sir

to all my koppite i salute u for the hard earn victory against stoke city .

may Wembley be blessing to US Liverpool we never walk alone

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Former IG Chief Sunday Adewusi Is Dead by realestworld(m): 7:52am On Jan 27, 2016
Police sef dey die?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Know The Name Of Every Nairalander. / Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families / Nairaland Is 8 Years Old Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.