Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Okowa Says Multiple Government Land Allocation To Individuals To Be Revoked - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Okowa Says Multiple Government Land Allocation To Individuals To Be Revoked (600 Views)

I Have Been Bitten By Scorpion, Involved In Multiple Accidents - Lady Lawyer / Accident As Multiple Trucks Collide On Lokoja-okene Road / allocation: See Picture Of What Look Like Tail Appear In Sky In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okowa Says Multiple Government Land Allocation To Individuals To Be Revoked by henryubus1(m): 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
DELTA State Governor, Senator Dr Ifeanyi Okowa has said his administration will revoke multiple government land allocations to single individuals in Asaba.
The Governor dropped the hint at the weekend during the child dedication and thanksgiving service of Mr Amaju Pinnick, Chairman, Nigeria Football Federation [NFF] at the First Baptist Church, Warri.

"In Asaba, when we find that a single individual have been allocated, four, five, six to ten plots of and we know that he needs just a plot or two and there are others who don't have, that is the area we are saying no to," the Governor said.

He asserted, "if you are allocated a plot of land, you deserve it because you are a human being, when somebody gets ten plots of land and even some fifteen and twenty, and others don't have and it is all from government, it is not right, if we find such, we will revoke them, so that others can benefit," reiterating, "we believe that is the right thing to do and that is the right way to go."

He however, assured that government will not revoke land that has been allocated to Churches stating, "there is no way that the land that has been given to a church that my administration will revoke, I believe that the church and government are partners in the development of the state for the common good of the people."

He used the occasion to call on those who applied for the different empowerment programmes to be patient, noting that while sixty thousand applications were received, only 6, 000 persons will benefit in the first instance while another set of 6,000 persons would be engaged every six months.

According to him, "as a people, we need to partner with government, government cannot do all, it requires partnership, we need to continue to pray for government, we have started our empowerment programmes, when we brought the forms out about three months ago, 60,000 Deltans applied, they will need to be patient."

He stated that the jobs which include skill acquisition, farmers’ support, production and processing programmes would be given based on merit.
While congratulating Mr Pinnick for the child dedication and thanksgiving, Governor Okowa said, "it is always good to thank The Lord, the book of Psalm is very clear that if you thank Him, He will bless you the more, in everything you do, thank God and when you are doing such, you will work in the way of The Lord for the common good of all.
Mr Amaju while speaking stated that Governor Okowa was "ordained by God to lead, Governor Okowa is simple, humble, and leads with the fear of God, I hope to imbibe those attributes, we have the finest and most experienced Governor in this country," disclosing that the Governor was the Chairman at his wedding ceremony nine years ago and the marriage has been richly blessed.

The Chairman of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Warri South chapter, Rev. Justin Okoroji Jnr had appealed to Governor Okowa not to revoke land given to the Church, adding, "it is our prayer that God who has put you up there as Governor will sustain you in the name of Jesus, as you humble yourself continuously, God will grant you the grace to lead your people, our people to prosperity in Jesus name."

"You are simple and humble, know that at times, good programmes come from up but, they don't get to the grassroots, we pray that your programmes will have impact on the people at the grassroots and know that the battle for your second tenure begins now, by the time you attend to the needs of Deltans, they will ask you to continue to represent them," he stated.

PRESS UNIT

GOVERNMENT HOUSE, ASABA

AUGUST 9, 2015

1 Like

Re: Okowa Says Multiple Government Land Allocation To Individuals To Be Revoked by ladyF(f): 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Okowa Says Multiple Government Land Allocation To Individuals To Be Revoked by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
LadyF
Re: Okowa Says Multiple Government Land Allocation To Individuals To Be Revoked by ladyF(f): 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2015
best2com:
LadyF
Me?
Re: Okowa Says Multiple Government Land Allocation To Individuals To Be Revoked by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
ladyF:

Me?

kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Okowa Says Multiple Government Land Allocation To Individuals To Be Revoked by ladyF(f): 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2015
Re: Okowa Says Multiple Government Land Allocation To Individuals To Be Revoked by kennyman2000(m): 8:23am On Aug 10, 2015
We're watching..

(1) (Reply)

Weird, A Goat With Six(6) Legs / Exceptional Nigerians :My Experience / Help Me Financially To Startup A Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.