Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

As A Christian, How Can You Really Know The Ones In Need Among The Beggars? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian, How Can You Really Know The Ones In Need Among The Beggars? (598 Views)

As A Christian, How Do You Love God? / As A Converted Christian, How Do I Preach The Gospel With Tattoo allOver My Body / A Christian Group Feeds Muslim Beggars On Sallah Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As A Christian, How Can You Really Know The Ones In Need Among The Beggars? by Howoheye: 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
Most of us have had experiences with "people coming to us for one help or the other in the market, motor parks, streets, etc. We call this set of people beggars".

But because of the environment we find ourselves, where one gives a beggar money and the next thing is that the person disappears (just the way Abija and Lalude do disappear in Yoruba films), or some part of such persons body disappears;

Or

Someone just walks up to you and tells you that you should please help that he/she is looking for transport fare to return home.

And so many fine-tuned begging styles like that which are just endless as far as I'm concerned.

Being a Christian, you and I know we have to be compassionate; but does that mean we now have to say because we want to show people love give every beggar that comes to us money? I guess your answer is same with mine.

The Bible states it clearly that "give and it shall be given unto you..."

Fine! You may not give a beggar money because you're expecting something in returns but then, the Bible also talks about some kind of soils one can sow on and the type of harvest one will get from such. One thing is this: seed will always be seed, and for every sowing, there must be an harvest.

And the truth is: among these beggars, there are those who are in dire need of help and such helps most of the times go a long way in "affecting" their lifes.

I'm sure most of us have had encounters with these people but -

"As A Christian, How Can You Really Know The Ones In Need Among The Beggars?"

Or should we just continue to give and give as they approach us without considering any factor? All in the name of love your neighbours as yourself.

Your contributions are welcome.
Re: As A Christian, How Can You Really Know The Ones In Need Among The Beggars? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2015
Op!
......Your question is NOT out of place! Every christian faces the same challenge everyday....the challenge of GIVING correctly!

.....But I should add that the issue of GIVING must be the lifestyle of every believer, regardless of whether there's an attached blessing or not!

.......Yet, if we MUST continue in this lifestyle...we MUST have settled the issue of surrendering our ALL under the Lordship of our Savior, JESUS CHRIST!

....and having submitted ALL completely to Him(JESUS), we MUST allow Him to direct us on how and who to GIVE our substance(financial assistance or otherwise)........

.........The Holy Spirit is always near to grant you clear directions and wise counsel.....Engage Him now! He'll instruct you wisely....no wild guess or intuition can lead to you to know "those with the greatest need".....

.......remember that God sees the human heart clearly than your physical eyes can investigate.......
Re: As A Christian, How Can You Really Know The Ones In Need Among The Beggars? by Howoheye: 11:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
dewapella:
Op!
......Your question is NOT out of place! Every christian faces the same challenge everyday....the challenge of GIVING correctly!

.....But I should add that the issue of GIVING must be the lifestyle of every believer, regardless of whether there's an attached blessing or not!

.......Yet, if we MUST continue in this lifestyle...we MUST have settled the issue of surrendering our ALL under the Lordship of our Savior, JESUS CHRIST!

....and having submitted ALL completely to Him(JESUS), we MUST allow Him to direct us on how and who to GIVE our substance(financial assistance or otherwise)........

.........The Holy Spirit is always near to grant you clear directions and wise counsel.....Engage Him now! He'll instruct you wisely....no wild guess or intuition can lead to you to know "those with the greatest need".....

.......remember that God sees the human heart clearly than your physical eyes can investigate.......

You're just on point bro, your point number 4 downwards really hit the nail on the head.

One thing I'm sure of is that "the Lord will never allow ones resources to be wasted" IF such can trust Him for guide...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Maximum Blessing In Your Relationship Or Marriage. / The Contemporary World Of Christianity / Catholic Bishops Urges Nigerian Catholics To Pray For These 10 Intentions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.