Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,173 members, 7,829,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Wonder Drugs Heal Cancer Patient Who Lost Toe. (GRAPHIC IMAGE) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Wonder Drugs Heal Cancer Patient Who Lost Toe. (GRAPHIC IMAGE) (491 Views)

Edu Val, Cancer Patient Dies, A Week After He Begged God To Take His Life / Obituary Of Paul Arisa, Viral Cancer Patient Who Died Recently / Paul Arisa, Cancer Patient Is Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wonder Drugs Heal Cancer Patient Who Lost Toe. (GRAPHIC IMAGE) by kolinton1: 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
But Dianne Ralph has been told the medicine is only effective for a limited period of time and scientists are now trying to work out how to prolong its healing powers

A skin cancer sufferer who had to have her toe amputated due to the disease has been given a new lease of life thanks to a wonder drug.

However, Dianne Ralph has been told the drug is only effective for a limited amount of time, and scientists are now trying to work out how to prolong its healing powers.

Brave Dianne, 59, from Skelmersdale, West Lancs, was told she had nothing more than a bruised toe, but the mark on her foot turned out to be advanced skin cancer.

Dianne's little toe was amputated and she had to have lymph nodes surgically removed from the top of her leg as well, reports the Liverpool Echo.

But the surgery failed to halt the cancer and toxic skin growths continued to appear.

Dianne was given a new lease of life after being prescribed a pioneering drug called vemurafenib, but this medicine is only effective for a limited period of time.

Scientists from the University of Liverpool are now carrying out a major research project to work out how to prolong the drug's healing effects.

Dianne said: "Being diagnosed with skin cancer was one of the hardest moments in my life, but despite my treatment problems, I have been incredibly lucky to be diagnosed when I was.

TO COMPLETE THE STORY CLICK HERE [url][/url]http://www.nairaroot.com/wonder-drugs-heal-cancer-patient/#.VcirS8iL3IU

(1) (Reply)

Emergency Dental Care For Your Child / "Environment" As A Subject Of Discussion Globally By Baba Ali Mustapha / How Can U Fade Away Marks (scars)... Any Doctor Or Any Body Knows It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.