Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

My Crochet Fantasy - Fashion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Crochet Fantasy (311258 Views)

Daily Crochet Inspirations / Akela Crochet Luxury-Baby photo costumes, Ball gowns, Baby outfits & Accessories / 23 Best Crochet Twist Braid Ideas For Black Women(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 1:00am On Feb 19, 2016
@ Iyomomo. Welcome on board.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 5:49am On Feb 19, 2016
iyomomo:
Heres what i made in d last 2 days, made sure i followed d pattern to d T. grin

waoh, welcome onboard iyomomo. ur baby
botties are lovely n neatly done. u try jare.

so happy for the new crocheters joining
this thread. so inspiring.

iyomomo im pouring (not blowing) baby
dust on you
winkcheesy
keep the spirit up, GOD is ever ABLE;&

ynnk,lovemaths,tatacherie honey bunny,and all
new crochters helloo

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 6:32am On Feb 19, 2016
tatacherie:

Wow! I'm seriously following on d crocodile stitch.I love it

I fell in love with this crochet crocodile stitch skirt. I'll try to make it. The crocodile stitch consumes a lot of yarn but the layered effect is beautiful.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 6:36am On Feb 19, 2016
iyomomo:
Hello crocheters in the house!
I stumbled on crocheting a few months ago, while thinking of something to keep busy while pregnant , crocheted a pair of booties & hat, but d booties ended up not being so equal,(cos i miscounted stiches n thot it wont matter, was wrong)LoooOOL. one wud only notice if looked at really closely. I also started a blanket but dint get half way, cos i had a traumatic loss. Av been so angry didnt want to finish d project or start another, i angrily just kept everything locked away.
But a few days ago i decided to start crocheting afresh again, though I'm not yet pregnant again, but i want to prepare in advance.
I've been inspired by u mummy "honey bunny" tatacherie( i follow u from d other thread) congrats on ur princess.
Ynnk, lovemaths, trublvr, lumiadee, valobit & all not mentioned, u guys are creating very beautiful things. Hope i can be like u wen i grow up ; )

Thanks and welcome back. Practice makes perfect.
You can now join our group on facebook.
The name is:
Crocheters and Knitters of Nigeria

https://www./176035499438099/

Valobit has also formed a Whatsapp group.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 4:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
Thanks for d warm welcome and especially for d prayers.
Happy hooking smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Spiritualgal: 10:24am On Feb 20, 2016
Good morning, I ll love to join y'all in ds crocheting journey. I 'v r peeping in for a while and just summoned the courage to join. I don't know anything about crocheting so I'm finding it difficult understanding Ynnk's tutorials. I need all your assistance and help to learn this. Ynnk, lovemaths, trublus, lumiade, tatacherie, and all other crotcherers, Hope I'm welcome?

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 11:58am On Feb 20, 2016
Spiritualgal:
Good morning, I ll love to join y'all in ds crocheting journey. I 'v r peeping in for a while and just summoned the courage to join. I don't know anything about crocheting so I'm finding it difficult understanding Ynnk's tutorials. I need all your assistance and help to learn this. Ynnk, lovemaths, trublus, lumiade, tatacherie, and all other crotcherers, Hope I'm welcome?

you are welcome spiritualgal.
so glad u have decided to join this beautiful
thread.
one thing about learning crochetting is just
zeal and patience with alot of practice.
i didnt have any knowledge about crochetting
also, but tru Ynnk's help i now know the basics.

just go back to the first tutorial on page 5

so easy to understand and i assure you in no time you will get all the basics of crochetting

feel free to ask questions too, hope you
have ur needle and yarn ready.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Spiritualgal: 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2016
@Lumiade, Thank you for ur encouragement. I don't have the needle and yarn yet but intend getting soonest. Pls where can I get those materials online or in lagos? I ll start reading up now have a grasp of it.
I'm so happy to be here

Lumiadee:

you are welcome spiritualgal.
so glad u have decided to join this beautiful
thread.
one thing about learning crochetting is just
zeal and patience with alot of practice.
i didnt have any knowledge about crochetting
also, but tru Ynnk's help i now know the basics.

just go back to the first tutorial on page 5

so easy to understand and i assure you in no time you will get all the basics of crochetting

feel free to ask questions too, hope you
have ur needle and yarn ready.

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
@Spiritualgal, welcome to the world of crochet.
We are ready to help you get started. Feel free to post any questions.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 9:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
Leaf cluster project... ...progressing.....

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 6:42am On Feb 21, 2016
Crochet Baby Update.

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 1:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ynnk:
Crochet Baby Update.
ynnk i think we should name dis our crochet baby grin cheesy
what about BABY BOGGIE lmao kikikikiki
happy sunday everyone
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 9:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
Lumiadee:

ynnk i think we should name dis our crochet baby grin cheesy
happy sunday everyone

Lol!!!
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 12:25am On Feb 22, 2016
Spiritualgal:

Welcome Spiritualgal. I learnt the basics of crochet as a child in the streets of Lagos in the early 90s. I always have a hook in my possession but I never crocheted again until 2013 during my NYSC with my 16mm hook...

I think you should apply the SQS (Survey, Quick read and Slow read) approach to Ynnk's tutorials. If you still don't get it, browse crochet tutorials for beginners and watch/download YouTube videos. Some people are visual learners. You can also ask a child in secondary school to teach you the basic stitches. Remember practice makes perfect. Try to download and read patterns.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Spiritualgal: 1:10pm On Feb 22, 2016
Thank you for your warm welcome. I have started seeing the tutorials online and even made a chain(lol). I'll try and upload it for all to see. Please where can i get the bigger needle as the one i got is the 1mm hook and its coming out tiny and im finding it difficult starting the 2nd line(if you understand wat i mean)

Lemme go and watch more crocheting video so that i can become a guru like you.

lovemaths:

Welcome Spiritualgal. I learnt the basics of crochet as a child in the streets of Lagos in the early 90s. I always have a hook in my possession but I never crocheted again until 2013 during my NYSC with my 16mm hook...

I think you should apply the SQS (Survey, Quick read and Slow read) approach to Ynnk's tutorials. If you still don't get it, browse crochet tutorials for beginners and watch/download YouTube videos. Some people are visual learners. You can also ask a child in secondary school to teach you the basic stitches. Remember practice makes perfect. Try to download and read patterns.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 12:33am On Feb 23, 2016
Spiritualgal:
Thank you for your warm welcome. I have started seeing the tutorials online and even made a chain(lol). I'll try and upload it for all to see. Please where can i get the bigger needle as the one i got is the 1mm hook and its coming out tiny and im finding it difficult starting the 2nd line(if you understand wat i mean)

Lemme go and watch more crocheting video so that i can become a guru like you.

1mm is too tiny. I can imagine. I made use of 1.5mm hook for 2 years until last week that my Facebook friends sent me a 3mm hook from Greece.

If you are in Lagos, go to trade fair. You can also find it at shoprite in the section that sells yarn, thread and needles. Bobijoe makes wooden hooks in Nigeria.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Spiritualgal: 10:19am On Feb 23, 2016
This is an upload of my work. I don't know why it's not coming out well by the sides.
@lovemaths, Tnx. @Ynnk, pls see my work. @ all Good morning

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 10:39am On Feb 23, 2016
Spiritualgal:
Ure welcome dear.I love ur courage.I have never held a crochet hook b4 now talk more of crocheting.our honourable lecturer Madam Ynnk d owner of dis tread inspired me n I bought one.now I'm trying n I know I will improve.though u need a lot of patience and continuous practice.very soon u too will b pro wink feel free to ask questions,n like lovemaths said download beginers videos from youtube they will help a lot. Bless u
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 10:41am On Feb 23, 2016
Spiritualgal:
This is an upload of my work. I don't know why it's not coming out well by the sides.
Nice one for a start if u see my first work in page 6 u go laugh taya. @ Madam ynnk,love maths,trublv,come put her tru
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 10:45am On Feb 23, 2016
Lumiadee:

ynnk i think we should name dis our
crochet baby grin cheesy

happy sunday everyone
Abi ooo supported!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 10:49am On Feb 23, 2016
Ynnk:
Crochet Baby Update.
Baby Boggie is sure dragging lots of peeps that love crocheting to this thread kiss kiss kiss to her cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 11:58am On Feb 23, 2016
Spiritualgal:

Spiritualgal, congrats on the bold step you have taken. Are you starting Lesson 2 or 3? So that we know how to help.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
Spiritualgal:

hi spiritualgal, i had same issues when i
started also. ynnk adviced i should pull
out the other end of the yarn by dipping
your finger into the center of the yarn.

it really helped with the small needle i started
with then.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
tatacherie i sight u o. honey bunny nko.
hope u are resting well too.
hi ynnk and baby boggie, grin
hello favored n talented crocheters

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 1:41pm On Feb 23, 2016
Lumiadee:
tatacherie i sight u o. honey bunny nko.

hope u are resting well too.

hi ynnk and baby boggie, grin

hello favored n talented crocheters
Hehehe grin I sight u too.she's doing great tnx.hope ure good

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
Hello Ynnk, you have nice and creative products. Here is an offer for you to advertise your products on a platform for free.
FLAPMARKET is an online shop working vigorously to bring all shops, Small, Medium and Large scale online.
With no commission involved, sellers just advertise their products and get real time customers ordering their products.
Check out www.flapmarket.com. It's a great offer.

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Julesrule: 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
Oya, i af try
#CrochetcrafterJules

8 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
Julesrule:
Oya, i af try
#CrochetcrafterJules

dis is soooo beautiful chaiii

&wink winki llooooff it

crafterjules welcome onboard
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 10:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
Julesrule:
Oya, i af try
#CrochetcrafterJules
Waoh shocked shocked this is really beautiful.
Do dey have this type of yarn in naija? Where?
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 10:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
Julesrule:
Oya, i af try
#CrochetcrafterJules
Mehn comman tel us frm wia u gat dis yarn.so beautiful

Welcome on board
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 2:24am On Feb 25, 2016
Spiritualgal:

It's like you are crocheting on the turning chain.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Julesrule: 6:56am On Feb 25, 2016
My dearies! Na by chance I see this yarn!! Unfortunately it is not readily available in country. still looking for where I can get quality yarn though. Great forum, glad I found I am not the only one with itchy fingers grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (102) (Reply)

~The Fashion Section Rules ~Guidelines & Queries ~ / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey / Ankara Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.