Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,462 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

My Crochet Fantasy - Fashion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Crochet Fantasy (311223 Views)

Daily Crochet Inspirations / Akela Crochet Luxury-Baby photo costumes, Ball gowns, Baby outfits & Accessories / 23 Best Crochet Twist Braid Ideas For Black Women(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 9:02am On Feb 25, 2016
@Julesrule, that's a beautiful dress you made there. More power to your hook.

@Everyone. We should start manufacturing our own yarn, like the pretty multicolored one Julesrule used.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Julesrule: 11:27am On Feb 25, 2016
Ynnk:
@Everyone. We should start manufacturing our own yarn, like the pretty multicolored one Julesrule used.

I'm totally with you on that one.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 12:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
Ynnk:

how do we go about it.
i once thought of getting a white yarn n
then give them to people into tye & dye( adire)
maybe they can dye the yarn into diff
color pattern.

is it possible to have a good result with that
method fellow crocheters
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
I am finally done with the valentine heart purse.

3 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Spiritualgal: 6:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
@Ynnk, It's likely lesson 2, You know what? I'll start from lesson 1 and upload as I progress so that I ll know which tutorial I'm finding difficult to understand. Tnx alot
Ynnk:

Spiritualgal, congrats on the bold step you have taken. Are you starting Lesson 2 or 3? So that we know how to help.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Spiritualgal: 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
@Jules, This is so beautiful.

J
Julesrule:
Oya, i af try
#CrochetcrafterJules
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Spiritualgal: 7:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
@lovemaths, ok, Tnx, I ll work on it.

lovemaths:

It's like you are crocheting on the turning chain.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Spiritualgal: 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2016
The gurus in the house, uploaded is my chain. I ll move on to the single crochet. I ll follow@ Ynnk tutorials to get a grasp of it all.

4 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 5:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
Sooo my people i just discovered that bigger hooks are closer than we think.
Yestd i decided to google how to carve crochet hooks.
In one of d videos i watched on YouTube, d lady carved one from a pencil and mentioned dat u can also carve from an old toothbrush shocked.
Na so i run go bathroom go carry all d old toothbrush i have been keeping for hair, start to carve o.
D end result is a 5mm crochet hook attached below

9 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 7:06pm On Feb 27, 2016
iyomomo:
Sooo my people i just discovered that bigger hooks are closer than we think.
Yestd i decided to google how to carve crochet hooks.
In one of d videos i watched on YouTube, d lady carved one from a pencil and mentioned dat u can also carve from an old toothbrush shocked.
Na so i run go bathroom go carry all d old toothbrush i have been keeping for hair, start to carve o.
D end result is a 5mm crochet hook attached below
***running to get my old tooth brush***
thanks so much for this hint
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 12:14am On Feb 28, 2016
And I've already thrown my old toothbrush away!
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 8:17am On Feb 28, 2016
Ynnk:
And I've already thrown my old toothbrush away!
U can buy those cheap ones

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:55am On Feb 29, 2016
Tea Towel Holder.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 11:59am On Feb 29, 2016
I have started work on the crocodile stitch skirt. It consumes a lot of yarn but I won't give up.

Iyomomo thanks, the toothbrush hook is ingenious. I wish I knew about it before now. Someone already ordered for hooks for me from Amazon. The arrive on the 2nd of March. I am so excited.

Happy New Month to everyone in advance.

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 1:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
lovemaths:
I have started work on the crocodile stitch skirt. It consumes a lot of yarn but I won't give up.

Iyomomo thanks, the toothbrush hook is ingenious. I wish I knew about it before now. Someone already ordered for hooks for me from Amazon. The arrive on the 2nd of March. I am so excited.

Happy New Month to everyone in advance.
Beautiful skirt. Just dis morning i planned to make crocodile stitch booties n beanie. Will post pics wen done.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 1:14pm On Feb 29, 2016
Made a smaller hook. 3mm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 10:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
Greetings to u all.@ love maths I would appreciate if u can help me with a written tutorial of d crocrodile stitch.I love to make a croco stitch headband
Headband/ballerina

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Valobit(f): 6:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ynnk:

Hello dearies. It has been a while. Happy new mont. Ynnk, how are u doing? Thanks once more for rekindling interest in crocheting. Manufacturing our own shouldn't be rocket science. The makers of the yarn We use in Nigeria can be approached and convinced to make bigger caliber of yarns and multi-colored yarns. That is one of the reasons I wanted us to have a group. As a group We can meet the makers and sell them the idea of producing other kinds of yarn. We have to show that there is a potential market. Another reason is for is to create a forum to showcase our products. We could even have a trade fair on wool works. We could start with getting a space at the next international trade fair. My sistwrs, we have a marketable skill. So let us utilize it.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Valobit(f): 6:48pm On Mar 01, 2016
iyomomo:
Made a smaller hook. 3mm

Wow!! U see! Iyomomo kudosThese skills should not be limited to Nairaland. Now We can have our own big crochet hooks. Next is for us to develop unique yarns. The internet is there to teach us what We need to know. Abeg let us make this work. Together We can create jobs for ourselves and even employ others. One road doesn't lead to the market. Extra income is not a taboo.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Valobit(f): 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2016
tatacherie:
Greetings to u all.@ love maths I would appreciate if u can help me with a written tutorial of d crocrodile stitch.I love to make a croco stitch headband
Headband/ballerina

These are beautiful!! And marketable. Hope u have joined the Facebook group. This is the whatsapp group number 07037679643.
Nne, this can form part of extra income. But one person can not do it alone. We need to come together to do something awesome. Happy new month
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Valobit(f): 7:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
@Ynnk, thanks to u my interest in crocheting has been rekindled. Check out my caps. The blue and white is a baby beanie. The wine and white is a skull cap, or adult beanie. Hope I am right in the description.

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:43am On Mar 03, 2016
Valobit:
@Ynnk, thanks to u my interest in crocheting has been rekindled. Check out my caps. The blue and white is a baby beanie. The wine and white is a skull cap, or adult beanie. Hope I am right in the description.

You are welcome Valobit. The caps are beanies for sure. I love the baby one.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 1:52pm On Mar 03, 2016
iyomomo:

Beautiful skirt. Just dis morning i planned to make crocodile stitch booties n beanie. Will post pics wen done.

Thanks. That would be nice. I have a better picture. This is the 11th row.

3 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 1:59pm On Mar 03, 2016
tatacherie:
Headband/ballerina

Those are lovely!!! The crocodile stitch is hard to explain with words. I really wish I could help you. I think you should read the tutorial and watch/download the video. study them several times and it will sink in.

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 11:03am On Mar 04, 2016
tatacherie:
Headband/ballerina
Dis is d one am using now

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 11:16am On Mar 04, 2016
Contd

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 11:23am On Mar 04, 2016
Contd...

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 12:07pm On Mar 04, 2016
Contd.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 4:30pm On Mar 04, 2016
Croc stich bootie loading......

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 10:46pm On Mar 04, 2016
iyomomo:

Dis is d one am using now
Wow! Great! Thanks zillion Ma'am.I'll study it thou roughly n get to work ASAP.I'd appreciate it.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 10:48pm On Mar 04, 2016
iyomomo:
Croc stich bootie loading......
Wow!!! Lovely...so colourful kiss mine loading too wink
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 9:26am On Mar 07, 2016
6-Leaf cluster shawl / cowl.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (102) (Reply)

~The Fashion Section Rules ~Guidelines & Queries ~ / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey / Ankara Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.