Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

My Crochet Fantasy - Fashion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Crochet Fantasy (311056 Views)

Daily Crochet Inspirations / Akela Crochet Luxury-Baby photo costumes, Ball gowns, Baby outfits & Accessories / 23 Best Crochet Twist Braid Ideas For Black Women(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2016
hajarahbadmus:
Good morning friends...I tried crocheting sometime ago but I didn't get it..i want to make some baby shoes, socks, bunnies for my kids..can anyone help out please?
@ynnk, lumiadee, love maths

welcome madam,
tatacherie has already shown u the way
to go about learning the basics in crocheting

keep trying out the tutorial on the
mentioned pages and post ur progress
if any challenge arises.

we are all here to help each other.

mama baby bunny, kedusmiley
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 3:24pm On Apr 01, 2016
Dp
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 3:26pm On Apr 01, 2016
Lumiadee:

welcome madam,
tatacherie has already shown u the way
to go about learning the basics in crocheting
keep trying out the tutorial on the
mentioned pages and post ur progress
if any challenge arises.
we are all here to help each other.
mama baby bunny, kedusmiley
Odinma oo mwannem.trust ure good too

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Silumi(f): 4:10pm On Apr 01, 2016
This is pure talent develop it and make sure it doesnt get lost
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Silumi(f): 4:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
This is pure talent develop it and make sure it doesnt get lost
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2016
hajarahbadmus:
Good morning friends...I tried crocheting sometime ago but I didn't get it..i want to make some baby shoes, socks, bunnies for my kids..can anyone help out please?

Hello hajarahbadmus,
Welcome to the thread!

Crochet basics are quite easy, and you can either follow the written instructions or illustrated patterns...

I had not done crochet in years and when i did, i gave myself a project- baby blanket and booties for a friend..... to practise what i had learnt and also give myself a deadline.

See images below:
P.s its not as hard as it looks. This is a join as you go pattern with he last round of each motif being used to join the blankets together and the gaps being filled in.

Looking forward to seeing your progress. grin

Oh! Almost forgot to add: For the bunnies- google amigurumi animals - and you will get patterns and tutorials online on stuffed crochet animals..... i have a couple i had planned to do for my baby as well..... when i finally get around to doing all her projects.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 10:41am On Apr 02, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Hello hajarahbadmus,
Welcome to the thread!

Crochet basics are quite easy, and you can either follow the written instructions or illustrated patterns...

I had not done crochet in years and when i did, i gave myself a project- baby blanket and booties for a friend..... to practise what i had learnt and also give myself a deadline.

See images below:
P.s its not as hard as it looks. This is a join as you go pattern with he last round of each motif being used to join the blankets together and the gaps being filled in.

Looking forward to seeing your progress. grin

Oh! Almost forgot to add: For the bunnies- google amigurumi animals - and you will get patterns and tutorials online on stuffed crochet animals..... i have a couple i had planned to do for my baby as well..... when i finally get around to doing all her projects.

waoh madam, ur works are beautiful. i dont
have time and patience for this baby blanket
i would have loved to try making it.

people are gifted sha
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:19am On Apr 02, 2016
Lumiadee:

waoh madam, ur works are beautiful. i dont
have time and patience for this baby blanket
i would have loved to try making it.

people are gifted sha

smiley
Thanks. Lumiadee
You can try it as a throw pillow cover.
If you notice, you can divide the blanket in to 3 x 3 square sections. Its smaller and you just need to decide how to treat the back and how to line it ( it is quite holey)

If you use proper crochet cotton, you could sew it on to a fabric backing easily!

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 3:25pm On Apr 02, 2016
@ alpha handmaiden ur works are wow!!! The booties kiss.weldone Ma'am
Pls do u know wer one can get d fiber for stuffing d animals
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 6:03pm On Apr 02, 2016
hajarahbadmus:

I have not made baby shoes and bunnies before. Ynnk is good in that area. First of all go through the basic crochet lessons, learn how to read patterns. Download patterns with videos and pictures for it to be easily understood.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
Just as I was wondering how to make use of the wooden hooks, someone sent me these 14 Aluminum hooks this week. It has been on the sea since February 1st. Hmmm! this is my happiest week this year. 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm, 4.0mm, 4.5mm, 5.0mm, 5.5mm, 6.0mm, 6.5mm, 7.0mm, 8.0mm, 9mm , 10mm.

I made this African flower hexagon headband with a 2mm hook.

Have a nice weekend.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2016
I made a poppy flower with a 3.0mm crochet hook. I intend using it as an applique for my headband and as a brooch for my dress.

The link to the pattern is below.

www.akcrafts.ca/free-pattern/how-to-crochet-a-poppy-flower/

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 10:48pm On Apr 02, 2016
@hajarahbadmus, welcome to the thread. @lovemaths, when is that our shop opening?
@AlphaHandMaiden, your works are wow!!!
Keep rolling in your beautiful works, everyone.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 10:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
Granny hat.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by hajarahbadmus(f): 11:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
Thanks guys..guess I will give it a try..will let you guys know how I progress.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2016
tatacherie:
@ alpha handmaiden ur works are wow!!! The booties kiss.weldone Ma'am
Pls do u know wer one can get d fiber for stuffing d animals

Hello tatacherie,

Thanks smiley

For the toy fillings you can either try a good art store like art world (in Yaba, lagos)- they sometimes have some random stuff and they may have it or you can try the people that make furniture or those that sell furniture making supply padding. Or even those that make duvets.

What you want is the loose polyester hi-loft filling if you can find -see pics of an example.

If you are unable to get the loose filling, you can buy the rolled polyester batting (hi -loft as well if you can) and rip it up.

PS. Dont let them sell you the foam type. Foam disintegrates overtime and for toys that are likely to end up being sucked on, drooled over and chewed- not safe.

You may also want to ask for some safety eyes and nose for toys at the art store..... or what have you considered to use for they eyes? I know from some images you can use yarn to make the noses as well but not sure what the alternative for the eyes will be.

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
Poppy flower better picture

Link to pattern
www.akcrafts.ca/free-pattern/how-to-crochet-a-poppy-flower/

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2016
Work in progress (WIP)
Circle centred granny square bag

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2016
Lovemaths go rock ur hooks girl! Na u biko.
I also ordered for some hooks as well, i hope they arrive!

Alphahandmaiden ur blanket n booties are d bomb. I love d colors.
I have a similar blanket on my wish list. Its a sort of rainbow gradient pattern

Been crocheting another c2c blanket(yes fell in love with the pattern) and no i havent finished d 1st one i started, ran out of cream colored yarn, so i had to pause till i go 2 d market, so i felt like making another n will hopefully finish in another day or 2.

Ynnk i dont understand d granny hat o

Mummy tatacherie pls if u do find d stuffing lemme know pls, been wondering where to get it.

Hajarahbadmus u are welcome, if u are like me(visual learner) ur best bet will be to watch videos and search for picture tutorials, i just didnt seem to grasp it, till i watched a few videos.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 10:01am On Apr 05, 2016
iyomomo:
Lovemaths go rock ur hooks girl! Na u biko.
I also ordered for some hooks as well, i hope they arrive!

Alphahandmaiden ur blanket n booties are d bomb. I love d colors.
I have a similar blanket on my wish list. Its a sort of rainbow gradient pattern

Been crocheting another c2c blanket(yes fell in love with the pattern) and no i havent finished d 1st one i started, ran out of cream colored yarn, so i had to pause till i go 2 d market, so i felt like making another n will hopefully finish in another day or 2.

Ynnk i dont understand d granny hat o

Mummy tatacherie pls if u do find d stuffing lemme know pls, been wondering where to get it.

Hajarahbadmus u are welcome, if u are like me(visual learner) ur best bet will be to watch videos and search for picture tutorials, i just didnt seem to grasp it, till i watched a few videos.

It was ordered from Amazon on 29th February but reached me on 1st April. One has to be patient.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 10:14am On Apr 05, 2016
@Iyomomo, the granny hat is made up of 5 granny square pieces. One square forms the top, the other four are joined at the sides.
So you have a kind of open box that fits like a skull cap.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 11:42am On Apr 05, 2016
Ynnk:
@Iyomomo, the granny hat is made up of 5 granny square pieces. One square forms the top, the other four are joined at the sides.
So you have a kind of open box that fits like a skull cap.
Oh i see.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 1:06pm On Apr 05, 2016
Just when i was excited about finishing my blanket d yellow yarn decided to finish on me cry tongue. 2nd unfinshed project.
Na to start another project be dat. Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 1:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
lovemaths:

It was ordered from Amazon on 29th February but reached me on 1st April. One has to be patient.
Hello sis! Hope ure flexing ur hooks.Pls how did u go about d ordering? I didnt know they ship directly to naija.is it pay on delivery too?
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 1:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
iyomomo:
Just when i was excited about finishing my blanket d yellow yarn decided to finish on me cry tongue. 2nd unfinshed project.
This is beautiful Ma'am.keep d fire burning smiley
I will cc u if I find wer to buy d toy stuffing around
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 1:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
@ Alphahandmaiden tnx a lot Ma'am.that's a very clear one.I will look for an art store around which I doubt will find.I'm in Benin.if I don't see will ask someone in Lag to help me out.for d eyes I've always been making eyes with d yarn.I will b glad if I find artificial ones
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2016
iyomomo:

Iyomomo, Love, love love the blanket!

So annoying to run out of yarn, but I like the way you've continued the other rows around it! grin
Nothing can keep a good hook down. Lol!
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
Thanks @Tatacherie and Alphahandmaiden.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 5:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
tatacherie:

Hello sis! Hope ure flexing ur hooks.Pls how did u go about d ordering? I didnt know they ship directly to naija.is it pay on delivery too?

Sorry, it was ordered on 29th January and reached me on 1st April. I simply posted on the Facebook group "repeat crafter me crochet" that I love to crochet but I had only a 1.6mm hook and a set of crochet hooks costs 2700 naira which I couldn't afford then because I had no job. That was all and good Samaritans responded. I have no idea how much is the shipping cost but the hooks are really cheap over there. I only paid 500 naira per delivery to the postman.

In other news, yes I am enjoying my hooks. I am making a red single crochet spike stitch for my headband with a 2.5mm hook.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by lovemaths(f): 5:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
iyomomo:

Wow! I love this c2c blanket, the bright colours and the ripples.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Lumiadee(f): 5:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
iyomomo:

madam dis is lovelyyyyy, weldone.

ynnk see ur people o. hope work is going
fine madam, just checking up on u.
trublvr, bobijoe, sharonia,and all our mia
crocheters i hail o

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by iyomomo(f): 9:16am On Apr 06, 2016
Thanks lovemaths & lumiadee.
Ynnk if i hadnt come across this thread am not sure i wud hav been so inspired. Thanks.
Thinking about it as biz now o. Hehehehehee.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (102) (Reply)

~The Fashion Section Rules ~Guidelines & Queries ~ / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey / Ankara Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.