Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

My Crochet Fantasy - Fashion (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Crochet Fantasy (311705 Views)

Daily Crochet Inspirations / Akela Crochet Luxury-Baby photo costumes, Ball gowns, Baby outfits & Accessories / 23 Best Crochet Twist Braid Ideas For Black Women(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Goodhart(f): 9:27am On Aug 04, 2017
Ynnk:
@tatacherie, found this:
http://www.lululoves.co.uk/item/crochet-collar-pattern.html
a woman after my heart always ready to help.
tight hug and light kiss muuuahhh LMAO

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 9:47am On Aug 04, 2017
pinterest.com

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2017
Goodhart:

Oniovo ev'eware ma ( copied ) cheesy cheesy , so because I no dey Benin association you didnot call me to do collabo purchase.

anyway I am interested too. biko carry me along pls. bikonu, ejoor. me too I want to crochet with foreign yarn like my Oga Ynnk. Thankchu
Lolzz ure so funny cheesy
Don't mind me jor that one nor b Benin gehs association sef na delta lolzz
Issorite then..I will mention you once she reply my msg
Family Is very fine thanks.we are pushing studies small small
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2017
Ynnk:
pinterest.com
This woman whoever get evil mind for you must cast by fire by force. Ur kindheart is worth emulating kiss
Already added this crochet wristwatch for kids to my Xmas item lists.Goodhart were art thou? come let's make owo this Xmas o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by rezzy: 8:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
Ynnk:
@rezzy, there are many great brands such as canon, red heart, lion brand, Patons etc. I'm not sure if you will find an elastic chunky yarn.
You could contact the companies and see what they recommend.
Found this
http://www.the-knitting-wool-store.com/diva-comfort-stretch-yarn.html

Thank you ma
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by supertender(f): 7:07am On Aug 05, 2017
@Ynnk, OK .But can you help me please with size measurement of a shrug for a 2 year old girl and also the type of yarn to use.thanks and Good morning.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by supertender(f): 7:36am On Aug 05, 2017
I have a little post to share concerning yarns pilling, ...like a finished work already ' showing wool' after few days of use...read this.
"I had a customer come in because the sweater she had just knit was already pilling. So how do you tell before you start a project whether it will pill or not? The first thing you can look at in the yarn is how many plies there are. The more plies the less likely the yarn is to pill. The looser the twist the more likely the yarn is to pill. So a single ply with a loose twist is probably going to pill, whereas a multiplied yarn with a tight twist will be less likely to pill.
The next thing to look at is how much halo there is to the yarn. Halo is the amount of fibre or fluff you can see in the yarn ball. The more fluff there is the more likely it is to pill, especially if you can pull the fluff off easily.. If you can see a halo in the ball, you will see the halo in the garment.
Cotton, silk and linen are less prone to pilling than is wool. Acrylics are also prone to pilliing. Often the cheaper the acrylic the more likely it is to pill. There are acrylic yarns which are labelled as anti pilling and those are good ones to choose. Microfibres tend to pill easily as well. Make sure you follow the washing instructions on the yarn label to help prevent pilling. If you use yarns that have some cotton, silk or linen in them that will help lessen the pilling problem.
The areas where pills usually show up are in the areas where there is more wear in the garment. This means areas like the underarms will be more prone to pilling. At least this is an area where it won’t be very visible.
The best way to tell how a yarn is going react is to knit a test swatch and wash it. Rub the fabric together and see if you get any pills forming. If you don’t want to do a swatch you could try carrying a couple balls of the yarn around in a bag where they can rub together and see if you see any signs of pills starting on the balls". ..
Copied from rosesfineyarnsdotcom.Hope it helps.

4 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:18am On Aug 05, 2017
@ supertender, what kind of shrug are you after - long or short sleeve, lacy or plain pattern, one or more colours?

Patterns can always be modified to suit your yarn type.

Let me know what you have in mind and then we can do some drafting.

By the way, we will require the child's measurement I.e 1.shoulder length ( measured at the back from one shoulder to the other)
2. sleeve length
3. shrug length
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:19am On Aug 05, 2017
pinterest.com

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Goodhart(f): 9:40am On Aug 05, 2017
tatacherie:

This woman whoever get evil mind for you must cast by fire by force. Ur kindheart is worth emulating kiss
Already added this crochet wristwatch for kids to my Xmas item lists.Goodhart were art thou? come let's make owo this Xmas o cheesy

amennn ooooo. she's good like DAT, in fact YNNK FOR PRESIDO (I mean PRESIDENT of Nigerian Crochet Community tongue tongue ) cool cool

I will join you in this collabo project. nice idea, I just pray I am not overwhelmed by that time. cos everybody will be stylishly telling me what they want for Xmas. LOL codedly oh. yeye people na sell I go sell to them.

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 10:30am On Aug 05, 2017
@Goodhart , president indeed! @ Tatacherie and everyone, amen to your prayers.

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Goodhart(f): 10:36am On Aug 05, 2017
Sharon6:

Thanks you!
Please did you double the yarn for the shoes and what hook size did you use?

yes I double the yarn for all my crochet works cos yeye yarn is not as thick as some foreign yarn.

also, I used my 4mm hook, but the pattern youbare following will specify the hook size to use.

hope I tried answering your questions.
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 7:50am On Aug 06, 2017

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by rezzy: 11:03pm On Aug 06, 2017
tatacherie:

Oniovo ev'eware Ma? Trust ur family us doing great.do u mind we collabo. I also want to buy foreign yarn n hook.
most of my jobs will be going up for sales and I really want quality/durable yarn.not after spending hours making a beautiful stuff my customers will now start complaining d wool colour faded or started having hair almost immediately. Kindly pm me if OK by u so we cud chat

We are fine. How are you doing and your family?
I have sent you PM twice now. Pls check your mail.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:44am On Aug 07, 2017

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
rezzy:

We are fine. How are you doing and your family?
I have sent you PM twice now. Pls check your mail.
Bless God Ma.
I've responded oo I sent u my number so u can chat me up on watsapp
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:32am On Aug 09, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Goodhart(f): 2:04pm On Aug 09, 2017
Ynnk:
http://thewhoot.com.au/crochet/vintage-crochet-chicken-patterns

lovely. reminds me of that doll you crocheted, what's DAT her name self ??

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:51am On Aug 10, 2017
@ Goodhart, very funny! :-)
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 8:55am On Aug 10, 2017

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by tatacherie: 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2017
Goodhart:

lovely. reminds me of that doll you crocheted, what's DAT her name self ??
Boggie I think lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Goodhart(f): 3:17pm On Aug 10, 2017
tatacherie:

Boggie I think lol cheesy

LOL , You dis geh u know book o. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Larajay009: 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hello house
I want to start crocheting and I want to know the basic things to get. Thanks
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 9:13am On Aug 11, 2017
pinterest.com

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 9:15am On Aug 11, 2017
@Larajay009, welcome on board.
You will need a hook, ball of yarn and 9 yards of patience.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Goodhart(f): 11:13am On Aug 11, 2017
trublvr I can see you o. longest time. glad to see your moniker on the tread.

1 Like

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by FOSBAS1: 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
rezzy:

Good day Ynnk, I want to order yarns and hooks from Amazon. Pls, kindly recommend yarns that is thicker /fatter and also that has elastic. Or any product/brand that is good. Thanks
bluepetals0816 sells imported yarn on Instagram, although I've not patronised her I get mine from AliExpress. Which you can check out customers reviews before you make your order.
How's everyone doing?

2 Likes

Re: My Crochet Fantasy by uniqueolu: 11:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
so good and lovely designs. I'm so happy to see this. I'm still a learner and I'm so motivated seeing these lovely designs. can't wait to be a crochet expert too. crochet wools, hooks, pins and lots more are now in Ibadan. I was excited and so wow seeing different hooks of different sizes. I've her contacts
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by uniqueolu: 1:08am On Aug 12, 2017
Good evening, pls I need an instructor to help guide my crochet works
Re: My Crochet Fantasy by Ynnk(f): 10:52am On Aug 12, 2017

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (102) (Reply)

How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey / Ankara Styles / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.