Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

The Truth About Masquerades And New Yam Festival - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Truth About Masquerades And New Yam Festival (784 Views)

Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Attends Imo Yam Festival (Photos) / Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Masquerades And New Yam Festival by izutex007(m): 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2015
THE TRUTH ABOUT MASQUERADES & NEW YAM FESTIVALS.

To those who will agree with me...

There is nothing ''christain'' about Masquerades or even new yam festivals.

Some one will soon tell me that I am preaching. Yes if I must.

The God I know is a Jealous God... And will not share His glory with anyone(not even a masquerade).

People who dance to/with Masquerades on weekdays n' dance to God on Sunday are just confused. If only ''we'' know the implications of what we do.

Some may argue that ''there is nothing wrong with it as far as you are not making a blood- sacrifice'' says who? Blood or no blood... Dancing with a masquerade is one way you can show your allegience to it.

Jesus is the only road.... For in Him we move, we live and have our being.

Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord; that walketh in his ways. For thou shalt eat the labor of

thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee. (Ps.128:1-2)
Re: The Truth About Masquerades And New Yam Festival by ladyF(f): 10:57pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hmmm
Re: The Truth About Masquerades And New Yam Festival by izutex007(m): 2:13am On Aug 11, 2015
ladyF:
Hmmm

the last time i checked, "hmmmmm" isnt a comment smiley
Re: The Truth About Masquerades And New Yam Festival by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 12, 2015
izutex007:

The God I know is a Jealous God... And will not share His glory with anyone(not even a masquerade).

People who dance to/with Masquerades on weekdays n' dance to God on Sunday are just confused. If only ''we'' know the implications of what we do.

Some may argue that ''there is nothing wrong with it as far as you are not making a blood- sacrifice'' says who? Blood or no blood... Dancing with a masquerade is one way you can show your allegience to it.

Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord; that walketh in his ways. For thou shalt eat the labor of

Kindly take your garbage to the Religion section, or you don't know the name of this section?
Re: The Truth About Masquerades And New Yam Festival by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 12, 2015
izutex007:

SMH. Even the people who brought you Christianity (culturally arrogant Victorians) were not this anti-African-Culture.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Masquerades And New Yam Festival by izutex007(m): 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
ROSSIKE:

Kindly take your garbage to the Religion section, or you don't know the name of this section?

thk u sir...
Re: The Truth About Masquerades And New Yam Festival by izutex007(m): 4:13pm On Aug 12, 2015
Radoillo:

SMH. Even the people who brought you Christianity (culturally arrogant Victorians) were not this anti-African-Culture.

sir am nt against the African culture... Am instead against the diabolic practices attached to sm part of the African culture.

(1) (Reply)

Free The joystick Protest Coming Soon / My Son’s Emergence, Fulfilment Of Prophecy Foretold – Father Of Ooni-elect / Yoruba And Benin Kingdoms: The Missing Gap Of History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.