Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,723 members, 7,827,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

The Myth About The Mbaise People Of Imo State, South-east Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Myth About The Mbaise People Of Imo State, South-east Nigeria (3662 Views)

Why Do People Always Have Bad Notions About The Mbaise People? / Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) / Refuting The Myth:African Americans Vs Africans(Nigerians) In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Myth About The Mbaise People Of Imo State, South-east Nigeria by drpossibilities(m): 7:01am On Aug 11, 2015
I have heard so much, especially on the negative aspect, about the people of Mbaise especially the fact that they are not to be trusted or that you can trust them only at your own risk. In fact, there is a popular saying that if you are locked in a room with an Mbaise man and a snake, it is better to kill the Mbaise man and remain in the room with the snake.
I totally disagree with the above assertions as my experiences with those from Mbaise have proven that they are actually a very wonderful and trustworthy set of people.
I am from Abia State, South-East Nigeria and my family has a long history of intermarriage with the Mbaise and it has always been a story of marital bliss. I have about three relatives (cousins and an uncle) whose wives are from Mbaise and these ladies are actually very trustworthy individuals. They are also very hospitable and a visit to their home is always a pleasant experience.
I have also had some friends from Mbaise and they have proven, times without number to be very trustworthy and reliable individuals. One of them is happily married and lives in Abuja with her husband (who I must say is very lucky to have her) and the second will be tying the nuptial knot next month. The third has been my close friend for some time and he has never given me reason to doubt him. Please note that I have known all my friends for not less than 8 years now and as for my Uncle’s wife, she has been married to him for not less than 32 years.
If you are one of those who had a negative impression about the good people of Mbaise, please work on that mindset, it is a complete falsehood.

Cheers!!!
Re: The Myth About The Mbaise People Of Imo State, South-east Nigeria by kossyablaze(m): 7:10am On Aug 11, 2015
Smh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Myth About The Mbaise People Of Imo State, South-east Nigeria by IamOpemipo(m): 7:29am On Aug 11, 2015
Realy?
Re: The Myth About The Mbaise People Of Imo State, South-east Nigeria by slap1(m): 7:34am On Aug 11, 2015
That's one of the burdens of illiteracy. My mom is from Mbaise and, frankly, I respect her family more than my dad's family. They are extremely good and intelligent. People should expunge hatred and stereotype from their mind.

2 Likes

Re: The Myth About The Mbaise People Of Imo State, South-east Nigeria by Spicylate(f): 8:46am On Aug 11, 2015
bless you my brother. #proudlymbaise

2 Likes

Re: The Myth About The Mbaise People Of Imo State, South-east Nigeria by Pchidexy(m): 9:49am On Aug 11, 2015
Illiteracy n stereotypes are cousins. Mbaise peeps are among the most educated Igbos. They get mouth for govt no be small.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The 'gods' Of Yoruba Land: An Hypothesis Study / How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently / Facts About Ebira People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.