Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin (31138 Views)

Why You Should Use Apple Hair Groom: 5 Advantages Of A Long Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
Bukiminaj:

how do u maintain ur caramel skintone.pls share ur beauty regimen wit me. #puppy eyes

Lol ok! Lemme send u pm
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by ChidinmaRose(f): 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
true that, Maintaining this natural light skin that i have is too stressfull
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by nairabetguru(m): 4:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
just passing by wink

onto the next thread tongue
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by zinaunreal(m): 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
Dark skin people can rob at night comfortably and disappear in a crowd of dark skinned people easier than light skinned grin
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by cr8v(f): 4:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
i have always known dark skinned people to be all good...but we all have our uses tho. we are all beautiful but dark is beautiful. www.okpeke.com
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by dangote7510(m): 5:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
ifeness:

Thanks which of the gods?
CHUKWU ABIAMA
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by HDee(m): 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2015
Gurgle:
Lol, MrC0rk loading...

Anyway

1. Both light-skinned and dark-skinned people need take care of their skin. In fact it is easier to tell when a darker-skinned person has not creamed themselves well because the skin will turn white/grey and look dry. People who spend thousands on their light skin are self-conscious of losing their colour, but if they just leave themselves alone and apply a good suncream when its very bright outside, they will be ok.

2. No quarrel

3. There are certain shades that look better on both skin types. Just that certain colours go better together than others. Darker skinned people tend look better with bright, block colours like yellow/red like you said, because the contrast is more striking

4. Aside from genetics, people with darker skin tend to scar more easily than their lighter counterparts. They are also more likely to get raised scar formations called "keloids", which are very troublesome

5. The time a wound takes to heal has absolutely nothing to do with skin colour but with the person's health status. For example, somebody who lacks Vitamin K in their diet will bleed for a longer period of time when injured, because their blood will take longer to clot. This has nothing to do with skin colour

Been stalking you all over nairaland, you're definitely Beauty and Brain Incarnated. grin Unlike many others struggling to be FTC, with absolutely nothing to contribute.
I love the piece! we need to talk, how do i contact?
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by zinaunreal(m): 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
HDee:

Been stalking you all over nairaland, you're definitely Beauty and Brain Incarnated. grin Unlike many others struggling to be FTC, with absolutely nothing to contribute.
gay dude
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Gurgle(f): 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
HDee:

Hahaha im flattered, thanks. Ive PMed you, have you received it
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
Ademat7:
1000likes for U,hw could we africans be discriminating fellow citizen dat r fair in complexion all because we want to help d self esteem of black #bad btw am black!

Like seriously its so annoying,both skin colours are beautiful both dark and light skin, am just tired of this stupid comparison, cause I really don't know when God who created us said the dark ones are better than the light ones or vice versa
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Ademat7(m): 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2015
esosa993:

Like seriously its so annoying,both skin colours are beautiful both dark and light skin, am just tired of this stupid comparison, cause I really don't know when God who created us said the dark ones are better than the light ones or vice versa
d OP dnt knw that 'words typed or spoken r powerful that they travel far than we thought they do' btw foreigners read NL post too

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by londoner: 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
misspicy:

I never indicated dah darkskin needs zero maintainance,buh its not as costly as dat of lightskin...thank you

I'm light skinned and all I need is Vaseline or olive oil. In the summer I get a caramel tone in intense heat I am chocolate....but all smooth and clear no matter the tone. There are many dark skinned people with bad skin and marks and can not leave the house without heavy makeup. I have smooth lovely skin and have never for one day worn any makeup.

However if it makes you feel better then go ahead. The chief bleachers are dark skinned women and men wanting to be light.....that is not cheap to maintain in is VERY scaring.
If light skin does not hide blemishes then light skinned women with clear skin really have good skin. Both light and dark skin is beautiful and does not cost anything to maintain. You just need to look after yourself and you'll have good skin.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
Pls house,which cream can u recommend for me,am dark but some part of me are light,so my colour is not really clear,now I want smooth dark.(Help a brother out)
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by londoner: 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2015
dancok:
Pls house,which cream can u recommend for me,am dark but some part of me are light,so my colour is not really clear,now I want smooth dark.(Help a brother out)

Try shea butter....natural is best.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by zinaunreal(m): 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2015
dancok:
try acid skin tonner grin
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by zinaunreal(m): 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
londoner:

I'm light skinned and all I need is Vaseline or olive oil. In the summer I get a caramel tone in intense heat I am chocolate....but all smooth and clear no matter the tone. There are many dark skinned people with bad skin and marks and can not leave the house without heavy makeup. I have smooth lovely skin and have never for one day worn any makeup.

However if it makes you feel better then go ahead. The chief bleachers are dark skinned women and men wanting to be light.....that is not cheap to maintain in is VERY scaring.
If light skin does not hide blemishes then light skinned women with clear skin really have good skin. Both light and dark skin is beautiful and does not cost anything to maintain. You just need to look after yourself and you'll have good skin.
gimmie 5 jare! A Lot of dark skins are not comfortable with their color, it's a psychological issue and it's becoming a societal menace. How can someone even settle down and come up with a psychotic topic such as this? Well I'm very light in complexion so I don't really care what their problem is, make them ask God when they see him why he made them dark.. what if God is dark? Stupid topic

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by londoner: 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
zinaunreal:
gimmie 5 jare! A Lot of dark skins are not comfortable with their color, it's a psychological issue and it's becoming a societal menace. How can someone even settle down and come up with a psychotic topic such as this? Well I'm very light in complexion so I don't really care what their problem is, make them ask God when they see him why he made them dark.. what if God is dark? Stupid topic

Exactly and sadly lots of dark skinned women especially desperately need affirmations (especially from black men) and sadly they have to hear the rejection of lighter people (well women) in the process. A light skinned girl is much less likely to create such a thread.

Even on YouTube video they will scour music videos and act as if the world has ended if their favourite artist does not only feature a dark skinned leading lady, even if he has done so previously. Yet in vids where there is a dark skinned lead you will never hear any complaint from light skinned ladies.

Its unfortunate really that someone needed to create this 'them versus us'type of thread.

I will always compliment someone with nice skin be they light or dark male or female......but the fact that my skin is not one of the beautiful dark shades will never make me insecure.......I have no reason whatsoever to be or to require praise for light skin over dark.

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
londoner:

thanks I will try it
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
londoner:

thanks I will try it
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2015
zinaunreal:
try acid skin tonner grin
wicked
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
londoner:

Exactly and sadly lots of dark skinned women especially desperately need affirmations (especially from black men) and sadly they have to hear the rejection of lighter people (well women) in the process. A light skinned girl is much less likely to create such a thread.

Even on YouTube video they will scour music videos and act as if the world has ended if their favourite artist does not only feature a dark skinned leading lady, even if he has done so previously. Yet in vids where there is a dark skinned lead you will never hear any complaint from light skinned ladies.

Its unfortunate really that someone needed to create this 'them versus us'type of thread.

I will always compliment someone with nice skin be they light or dark male or female......but the fact that my skin is not one of the beautiful dark shades will never make me insecure.......I have no reason whatsoever to be or to require praise for light skin over dark.

I agree with everything you said, but I've actually seen people on here tell women to bleach. You can see it in this very thread, and it's a problem. I don't agree with this thread or the Light vs. Dark BS, but I understand where it's coming from.

If you have great skin, you have great skin. If you're beautiful, you're beautiful.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by londoner: 8:01pm On Aug 19, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

I agree with everything you said, but I've actually seen people on here tell women to bleach. You can see it in this very thread, and it's a problem. I don't agree with this thread or the Light vs. Dark BS, but I understand where it's coming from.

If you have great skin, you have great skin. If you're beautiful, you're beautiful.

Of course we don't want those comments but ask yourself if it is probable that this very thread was created for the op to hear some dark over light comments. The thread is titled and obviously steering towards comments at choosing one (dark) over the other. It is actually this that was the first offense and if people just only stated only that dark is better people would not have a problem with it.

Why is the op pointing out perceived imperfections in light skin to make her or himself feel better? Why not simply talk about your love for your tone without trying to down another?

This is the thing, many people don't mind colorism as long as it is in favour of dark skin.

It is simple insecurity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by londoner: 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2015
uzolexis:

I beg to disagree on this. I'm not saying one skin tone is better than the other but you are more susceptible 2 sun burn if u r light skinned. I went 2 d beach with some of my friends last week(oyibo pple). Twas really hot about 35 degrees, they even used sun screen but they still got roasted.they were so red when we got back and their body was hurting all over. Now their skin is peeling n all but me, I don't feel nothing,i was just fine and I didn't even use sun screen.

I'm light and have been in very hot temps including Abuja sun and over two years in the sun of Western Australia. I don't get sun burned because I also have melanin and mine does exactly what yours does when it comes to us protection and preventing skin cancer.

Your Oyigbo friends are white? As in European or light skinned Nigerians?
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
londoner:

Of course we don't want those comments but ask yourself if it is probable that this very thread was created for the op to hear some dark over light comments. The thread is titled and obviously steering towards comments at choosing one (dark) over the other. It is actually this that was the first offense and if people just only stated only that dark is better people would not have a problem with it.

Why is the op pointing out perceived imperfections in light skin to make her or himself feel better? Why not simply talk about your love for your tone without trying to down another?

This is the thing, many people don't mind colorism as long as it is in favour of dark skin.

It is simple insecurity.

I understand what you mean. Although, I feel there's a reason people seem to be okay with colorism when it favors dark skin. There's definitely more abuse and put downs for dark-skinned people out there in general. Still, I agree with you.

P.S. Some light people do get sunburn. I for one. Working a late shift has actually helped me out with that these last two summers.

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by HDee(m): 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
zinaunreal:
gay dude
. Seriously?? Do you have a problem? undecided
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by bqlekan(m): 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
esosa993:

Dark skin doesn't rule,God created us equally, what you said is so wrong and disrespectful
lol, was just kidding... I never meant to disrespect anyone., not wrong tho grin
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by zinaunreal(m): 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
HDee:
. Seriously?? Do you have a problem? undecided
you're looking for my trouble o. Seriously.. mod! Mod! Come see this guy! Ah Ah.. I just suspected you're gay. Is it a crime?
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by golddeejay(m): 11:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
Team dark skin, I now use mostly shea butter n dudu for bathing. And pple have complimenting on how my skin look fresh. Dnt know abt light skin, but dark skin is so easy to take care.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by uzolexis(f): 11:36pm On Aug 19, 2015
londoner:

I'm light and have been in very hot temps including Abuja sun and over two years in the sun of Western Australia. I don't get sun burned because I also have melanin and mine does exactly what yours does when it comes to us protection and preventing skin cancer.

Your Oyigbo friends are white? As in European or light skinned Nigerians?

Europeans
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by HDee(m): 5:33am On Aug 20, 2015
zinaunreal:
you're looking for my trouble o. Seriously.. mod! Mod! Come see this guy! Ah Ah.. I just suspected you're gay. Is it a crime?
why do you wanna start this bullsh*t?? What the fu*k is your problem?? Did I fu*king quote you? Pls, just face biz dude.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by shizzy7(f): 8:10am On Aug 20, 2015
Team dark skin
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by zinaunreal(m): 8:36am On Aug 20, 2015
HDee:
why do you wanna start this bullsh*t?? What the fu*k is your problem?? Did I fu*king quote you? Pls, just face biz dude.
caman shatap dia! F*ck this, F*ck that, F*ck ya mama

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Miss Nigeria 2016 Contestants / Suitable Cream To Even Out Uneven Skin Tone / What To Use? Fair And White Gold 1, Gold 2, Gold 3 Or F&w So White?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.