Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Why Kenyan Musicians Are Angry With Tuface, Psquare, D’banj, Others - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Kenyan Musicians Are Angry With Tuface, Psquare, D’banj, Others (1208 Views)

"I Slept With Tuface In 2014 In Detroit" - Lady Tells Annie Idibia / Psquare, Wizkid, Timaya, D’banj, Others Are My Boys – Sound Sultan / Ijeoma Okafor Celebrates Her Birthday At Rumors With Tuface, DJ Jimmy (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Kenyan Musicians Are Angry With Tuface, Psquare, D’banj, Others by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
Dissatisfied Kenyan music talents have gone on a public protest over the little exposure their songs receive on radio and TV stations.

The BBC reports that Kenyan musicians are currently protesting the lack of airplay their songs get on local radio and TV station.

The protesting members of the Kenyan Musician Movement gathered at the Nation Centre in Nairobi on Sunday, 10 August, to accuse the media of favouritism towards West African and South African musicians.

Nairobi News reported that the Kenyan music stars are demanding more airtime on their own stations.

Mitch Wyclif. A publicist for Beat Ya Keggah production, during the protest said, “ We are demanding for 70% airplay from our local media as we see only Tanzania and Nigeria music being aired.”

It was reported that, the Kenyan Government has instituted a new directive demanding all media outfits to broadcast 60% local content.

The Communication Authority of Kenya maintained that all broadcast outfits must meet this new requirement by 2018.

https://www.naij.com/514643-kenyan-musicians-angry-tuface-psquare-dbanj-others.html

Re: Why Kenyan Musicians Are Angry With Tuface, Psquare, D’banj, Others by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2015
DEAR OP AND HIS/HER SENSELESS BEINGNESS, WHAT SHOULD I USE THIS BUNKUMS FOR?

YOURS IN CHRIST, FREEMAN E.R.J. DAVID.
Re: Why Kenyan Musicians Are Angry With Tuface, Psquare, D’banj, Others by Unsad(m): 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
Oh now I got it, thank God for their new government policy, make their pple dey enjoy their dumb song make dem sha no near Nigerian radio stations and Dstv. Make them too dey sing better song too
Re: Why Kenyan Musicians Are Angry With Tuface, Psquare, D’banj, Others by frankay430(m): 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
they should go ang hug transformer
Re: Why Kenyan Musicians Are Angry With Tuface, Psquare, D’banj, Others by majamajic(m): 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
They are always jealous of Nigeria
Re: Why Kenyan Musicians Are Angry With Tuface, Psquare, D’banj, Others by pussygotlips: 1:52pm On Aug 11, 2015
Sorry arse,

let produce nice pangolo or kalampo music if they want the attention too.
Re: Why Kenyan Musicians Are Angry With Tuface, Psquare, D’banj, Others by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
Do they not know that West Africa is the home of rhythm?
Re: Why Kenyan Musicians Are Angry With Tuface, Psquare, D’banj, Others by insure1: 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
To be fair, I think what they ask for isn't so bad.

Every country in Africa should encourage local content.

My signature has some cool vibes, check it
Re: Why Kenyan Musicians Are Angry With Tuface, Psquare, D’banj, Others by dominique(f): 9:03am On Aug 23, 2015
When I was growing up in the 90s foreign music made up over 75% of music played on radio and tv. We got a lot of Mariah Carey, Withney Housten, Michael Jackson, Celine Dion, R Kelly etc once a while they put in Ras Kimono, Blackky or Onyeka. Then, you can watch an entire hour of musical show without seeing a single Naija music. Nigerian musicians were not doing so well and nobody knew them outside our borders. Sometime in the early 2000s, NBC brought out a new rule that all stations must play 60% Nigerian music. This was after the artists cried out that their music was ignored. They got plenty airplay and promotions on media. More artists emerged and the rest is history. The Kenyans should do the same, they'll see changes

(1) (Reply)

If You Didn't Watch This Movie While You Were Young.. / (+18 Only) See What University Babes Do Inside The Hostel When No One Is Around / Check Out Photos Don Jazzy As A Judge On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.