Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria (2224 Views)

Queen Elizabeth Rules Out Gay Marriage In UK: “marriage Is For Man And Woman” / Gays And Lesbians: Matters Arising / Eastern Chicks (mostly Ibo) Top The List Of Gay Women (lesbians) In 9ja: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by Kc0022000(m): 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2006
What is the faith of naija Lesbians and gay getting married in the country would they be accepted by others in the society they live and how would it affect how culture and religion lipsrsealed
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by whiteroses(f): 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2006
that wil be so impossible in naija because people are very sensitive about what people think think of them in dat country as far as you have family and neighbours you are not free to do anything you like if you tryna marry same gender person there will be some kind of discrimination peole will think you are crazy
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by Kc0022000(m): 7:07pm On Sep 30, 2006
That's my thought also but is that really okay
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by kaytyler: 11:56pm On Apr 03, 2008
hummm well its possible its just going to be a bit tough, some people will be hurt, but if its what they want who can stop them?
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by bigfather(m): 9:53am On Apr 04, 2008
God made MAN and WOMAN . So why must you marry the same sex? Beats my imagination. shocked
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by topkin(m): 7:09pm On Apr 04, 2008
Blood of Jesus!!! angry
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by skfa1: 3:05pm On Apr 06, 2008
big father:

God made MAN and WOMAN . So why must you marry the same sex? Beats my imagination. shocked

Nice one man
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 06, 2008
JESUS !!!!!!!
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by Oluchia(f): 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2008
whiteroses:

that wil be so impossible in naija because people are very sensitive about what people think think of them in that country as far as you have family and neighbours you are not free to do anything you like if you trying to marry same gender person there will be some kind of discrimination peole will think you are crazy

Before nko, are they not?
Why would any one in his right mind think it is okay and normal to have a sexual relationship with a member of the same sex. Even animals know better. Wonder what the World is turning to.
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by redsun(m): 1:36am On Apr 08, 2008
Relative reality,but it will be very dangerous for anybody to try it in nigeria,personally i don't mind but i don't find it funny at all,it  is something supernatural,i just can't comprehend,but i appreciate.

Diffrences and ever changing reality.
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by sunnykiss(m): 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2008
;DNIGERIA SHOULD NOT COPY AMERICANS AND EUROPEANS, ok
peopel who domit are evil and are not reespecting GOD,
THEY WILL REPEY IN HELL FIRE
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by wendymanda: 3:50am On Apr 22, 2008
Didn't the catholic church in Nigeria break away from the others because they were allowing gay priests? I don't think if a church does that the country which has Mu s li m s will allow gay marriage either.
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 2:09pm On Apr 22, 2008
it was the anglican church that split

sunnykiss:

;DNIGERIA SHOULD NOT COPY AMERICANS AND EUROPEANS, ok
peopel who domit are evil and are not reespecting GOD,
THEY WILL REPEY IN HELL FIRE

aww nigerians have struck again.

1 Like

Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by OrumbaS89(f): 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2008
Non existance. Nigeria goes by the Book and its traditions. Its not a secular country. It has a secular minority, however, that minority will not be able to withstand the force of tradtionalists that would tear them apart if Nigeria changed the definintion of marriage.
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2008
the same thing was said about the US. nigeria can change and would change. it's stupid when a country has laws that jail homosexuals for a longer time than people caught committing fraud
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by Lady2(f): 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2008
It better not change. Seriously when do people stop bending the laws of nature, the laws of God.
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by PrincessMo(f): 3:19pm On Apr 24, 2008
U can't even compare Nigeria to the US,
NEVER EVER!! Nigerians woulds freak out
proper!!!! It's not jus about being christian or
wuteva, we're very traditionalist and spiritual,
IMPOSSIBLE FOR NIGERIA TO AUTHORIZE SUCH A THING!!!
End of story!!!
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 3:28pm On Apr 24, 2008
some folks should crack out their history books. suegbe
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by romeo(m): 8:26am On Apr 28, 2008
Na invitation for mass beating from neighbours be dat !!!
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by topkin(m): 8:39am On Apr 29, 2008
Balderdash, angry Go and practice ur babarism smwherelse angry angry angry
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by babyx(f): 12:54pm On Apr 29, 2008
@ top_kin
thats was so funny. ha ha ha cheesy
you are pleading the blood of JESUS on all Nigerians abi?

Well same sex marriage is not part of our culture and its demonic.
1 natural thing GOD created is sexual attraction between a man and a woman not other way round.
Am sure GOD winces in pain when he looks at mankind today, Thank GOD 4 JESUS else we would experienced another sodom and ghomorah judgement.
I think we already commit enough atrocities already why compound it with lesbianism and its relative? sad
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2008
actually there have been a few homosexuals in african culture. u can deny it if u want. is wearing shirt and jeans part of ur culture. or drinking coffee??
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by Blatant: 2:38pm On Apr 30, 2008
I hope and pray that Nigeria does NOT change to start accept the abnormal.

if person no craze, he go dey put him prick for anus?
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2008
homosexuality isn't just about sex. it's a bit suspect u guys have so much interest in gay sex when talking about homosexuality.
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by Blatant: 10:17am On May 09, 2008
bawomolo:

homosexuality isn't just about sex. it's a bit suspect u guys have so much interest in gay sex when talking about homosexuality.

What then is the primary feature of homosexuality?
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by chikibaybi(f): 8:14pm On May 18, 2008
Am indifferent
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by ebumowa(f): 4:03am On May 28, 2008
@Blatant:
The primary feature of homosexuality is 'attraction' to a person of the same sex, not having sex with a person of the same sex, Its the attraction that makes a person gay,
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by Emkayotis(m): 4:05am On Jun 07, 2008
Blatant:

I hope and pray that Nigeria does NOT change to start accept the abnormal.

if person no craze, he go dey put him prick for anus?

It's a thing that is common in the northern part of naija, not a new thing to them. (Among the Hausas)
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by krama(m): 4:12am On Jun 07, 2008
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by yemipretty(f): 3:16pm On Mar 31, 2010
Homosexual Marriage in Nigeria? Not for a looooooooooong while.
Marriage in Nigeria is governed by the Marriage Act and the Matrimonial Causes act for legal marriages and Customary law for traditional marriage. For legal purposes, ?Islamic law is trated as traditional law ergo Islamic marriage is traditional marrige.
Marriage under the MA is marriage between a man and a woman. Therefore, homosexuals cant be married in nigeria. Not in a civil/ registry ceremony nor in a church/ christian ceremony. I do not see any tradition in Nigeria adapting its norms to favour gay marriage. Neither do I see Islamic law changing to become more tolerative of homosexuals.
the bottom line, gay marriage won't happen in Nigeria for a looooooooong while. Can't say I'm sad about that though wink wink grin
Re: Lesbians And Gay Marriage Right In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 16, 2011
^^ lol@ censored thread titled!! ^^

(1) (Reply)

Please..will Someone (anyone) Translate This Pidgin English For Me?? / Dussehra Wishes Whatsapp Messages Quotes Cards Greetings 2015 / People Of The Western World Are Slaves Owned By Their King And Governments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.