Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Is 'money' The Reason Why We After Education? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is 'money' The Reason Why We After Education? (335 Views)

How Much Money The University Of Ibadan Gets From Government Annually / Could This Be The Reason Why Students Fail Exams? (hilarious Pics) / Igbinedion University To Expel 86 Bauchi Students, Read Reason Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is 'money' The Reason Why We After Education? by markfish10(m): 11:26am On Aug 12, 2015
As it is....'MONEY' is the root to all evil.well,am not going to take sides on that
I have long known NAIRALAND to ß an e-discussion forum,where you can come drop opinions,get to know other people's views and get lots of criticism.Without wasting any further time,i will go straight to the point.
My sister was popping the floor this morning and just looked at me and said 'in fact all this schooling sef is just to make money' I objected immediately and said it all depends on the person's choice....some do it for the money and... some to get explored and some cos what lies in the end(For their passion to ß fulfilled).Still on the matter,she was on a wider view saying in short all we do in this life is to make money.She also said 'okay take a look at the artiste,the footballers and the likes' and I said they make much money doesn't mean ALL are after all that cos of the money,some could be for the love they have for it and without knowing,they make a 'blow' someday and also,that I think is an African mentality.The argument continued and I had no option but to bring my situation into it.
I said...'Look! As a student of Agriculture, You know I have been aspiring to study medicine and even in that field..surgery,still at that......Neurosurgery why do you think I have been on the chase for that course even as at present when I know/have heard the plans of the Federal government in the agricultural sector?' Again I said even if medical practitioners make enough money as you claim...the question is do they still have time to spend the so called 'enough money'? (Speaking of our eldest brother a doctor... who had to remain in his working place one certain E-xmas period where the whole family was gathered...more like a re-union) all these where just to prove that some people are after their hearts and passion and not really the money.Saying most people I may agree to some extent but 'ALL'.....NO! And excluding myself doesn't make it 'all'.
Now to you nairalanders...what's your take on this issue. Thanks in advance

(1) (Reply)

Gain Admission Into Top University In India Without Writing Any Exams. / Adult Education / How I Ate 4 Plate Of Beans And Later Misbehaved In My In-law’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.