Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

World's Cheapest Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / World's Cheapest Car (2560 Views)

Buy The Cheapest Car's At Road Resuce At Nigeria / Between Kaduna And Lagos State, Where Can I Buy The Cheapest Car / World's Cheapest Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Cheapest Car by obraye: 6:59pm On Mar 23, 2009
Tato Nano is the world's cheapest car and it is made in India. It cost $1, 979; £1,366. It was actually manufactured so the lower class of people who can't access the other cars(i mean brand new) could afford this. But is it really cheap cause if you do the conversion in naira it is about 250000 naira.well to me i think is cheap since it is brand new.Thumbs up to Indians
Re: World's Cheapest Car by Nautillus(m): 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2009
Check it out, . . .

Re: World's Cheapest Car by Igwe9(m): 10:05pm On Mar 23, 2009
obraye:

Tato Nano is the world's cheapest car and it is made in India. It cost  $1, 979; £1,366. It was actually  manufactured so the lower class  of people who can't access the other cars(i  mean brand new) could afford this. But is it really cheap  cause if you do the conversion in naira it is about 250000 naira.well to me i think is cheap since it is brand new.Thumbs up to Indians
By the time you add up the importation and duty charges, I'm afraid you might end up hitting twice the price of KEKENAPEP. cheesy smiley smiley
Re: World's Cheapest Car by MrCrackles(m): 10:07pm On Mar 23, 2009
undecided
Re: World's Cheapest Car by oblo(m): 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2009
Do not drive at nyte, especially on third mainland bridge!!!!!! shocked shocked
Re: World's Cheapest Car by Igwe9(m): 4:59pm On Mar 24, 2009
oblo:

Do not drive at nyte, especially on third mainland bridge!!!!!! shocked shocked
Were you not told that the car can fly? smiley smiley smiley grin
On third mainland bridge  . . . . . . no shaking!!
Re: World's Cheapest Car by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2009
When I look at the Nano, the build quality and size, one thing springs to mind. . .

Bus Pass.

Safer.
Re: World's Cheapest Car by sdbaba: 10:31pm On Mar 24, 2009
One thing we should bear in mind about this car is that it wasn't built for high end car users. Just something affordable for the common man and for those who may just need something to push them from one place to the other. It's a step in the right direction and a thumbs-up for the Indians. Don't forget that the Keke NAPEP we all talk about today also emanated from India. At least their engineers are thinking about he common man and taking steps in the right direction to ease their burdens. Wetin our own dem dey do? Dashing off to make big monies and helping other economies grow.

My Indian colleague at work here confirmed to me a few moments ago that even the wealthy have been placing others for the car and he's planning on buying one himself for the wife just for use in going to work, market and kids to school. If you ask me I'll say it's not a bad buy for N250K, at least it's new and man sef go fit say him dey drive "tear-rubber". For a car that consumes only 1liter per 20km? Abeg make una duff una hats for the Indians. They're already producing European versions of this car for una information o!
One Love brothers!
Re: World's Cheapest Car by damola1: 12:07am On Mar 25, 2009
looks exactly like the picanto or cherry qq that are very popular on 9ja roads
Re: World's Cheapest Car by tboss2(m): 10:13am On Mar 25, 2009
sdbaba

Pls buy helmets as you buy the Indian ride grin, Safety 1st 0! shocked
Re: World's Cheapest Car by Christino(m): 12:01pm On Mar 25, 2009
@ Siena,

It depends on where you are going, I know you are an expert but I think it's got better clearance than the QQ3. The Picanto has served owners well, at least I know a few guys who've used it for 2 years.

@ All,

Landing cost could be anywhere between 500,000 naira and 750,000 naira. At least no ONE-CHANCE!

Here's my little review on it: http://lagosmet.com/blog/2009/03/namaste-lagos-ready-tata-nano/
Re: World's Cheapest Car by GoldCircle: 1:10pm On Mar 25, 2009
keke marwa beta pass!! embarassed embarassed No be me!!
Re: World's Cheapest Car by joxiri: 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2009
are you guys aware this car lack some basic safety features, it does not even have power steering in this day and age
Re: World's Cheapest Car by sdbaba: 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2009
GoldCircle:

keke marwa beta pass!! embarassed embarassed No be me!!

Wait till the day Lagos rain catch you inside Keke Marwa then we go know which one better pass. cheesy cheesy
Re: World's Cheapest Car by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2009
joxiri:

are you guys aware this car lack some basic safety features, it does not even have power steering in this day and age

Power assisted steering is not a safety feature, more of a "comfort" option.
Besides, a car that weighs less than 600 kgs doesn't need PAS, it'll be over-assisted otherwise.
I have an idea some may be fitted with "variable assistance", courtesy of an electric pump.

In terms of safety, my major concern would be inadequate crash resistance.
Also, due to it's height and narrow frame, it's most likely to be involved in "roll-over" related incidents than your average car, and will be most succeptable to cross winds.

Good effort, but certainly not for me.
A motorbike's actually safer, there are several countries this car won't be sold in due to it not passing crash impact tests.
Re: World's Cheapest Car by cvibe: 5:19pm On Mar 25, 2009
No power steering
No radio
No AC

Landing cost in Naija 500k to 750k.

Better to buy a tokunbo with some luxury than a brand new suffer head.
Re: World's Cheapest Car by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2009
cvibe:

No power steering
No radio
No AC

Landing cost in Naija 500k to 750k.

Better to buy a tokunbo with some luxury than a brand new suffer head.

LMAO! cheesy
Re: World's Cheapest Car by cashlinks: 1:46am On Jul 01, 2010
without radio, Ac and the other gud tins, it really is just a box on wheels. I'd go for a power bike since it costs like same with this toy!!
Re: World's Cheapest Car by chelseabmw(m): 5:15am On Jul 01, 2010
nice car for nice people
Re: World's Cheapest Car by vinmol: 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2010
quote author=Siena link=topic=252043.msg3642555#msg3642555 date=1238011387]
LMAO! cheesy

una no go kill me o! LMAO!
Re: World's Cheapest Car by obojo(m): 4:28am On Jul 21, 2010
im sure i can run faster than this car, 0.60 in 3.5 weeks
Re: World's Cheapest Car by Dubino(m): 2:57am On Jul 22, 2010
Everybody's idea on this topic is good. However,I've to say it that the Indians are really trying and competing seriously with the super powers. I am not an Indian,but I'm proud of them for thinking differently. No country will be technologically advanced without opting to follow the band wagon. Japanese did it, you and I are witnesses where they are today on technology. South Koreans did it just about 20 years ago. Today,Koreans are among the top car producing countries in the world. We can't go anywhere if we keep criticizing without offering any solution.
I mean Tata Nano is the not the best car in the world,but it's a very big step in the right direction. Some of our brothers are talking about the Nano flying off the bridge. They forget to understand that Nano is not built to run from Lagos to Onitsha. It's built for local driving, from your house to your shop, drive to church on sunday, go for shopping and also for stop-by for "NKWOBI, AZU-NDU, ISI-EWU" and a couple of cold beer.
So brethren,let's understand that we can live better if we cut down on waste,if we identify our needs from our wants and if we can sometimes do it ourselves and most of all, be PATRIOTIC.
Re: World's Cheapest Car by chelseabmw(m): 1:32am On Sep 05, 2010
obojo:

im sure i can run faster than this car, 0.60 in 3.5 weeks

lol

(1) (Reply)

Your Steering Shakes On High Speed? This Might Help You Fix It / . / Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.