Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? (2513 Views)

Lexus Rx 350 (2010) Vs Toyota Venza (2010) / Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy / Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by PussyKrook: 10:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
Please help

Which one should I go for? Please also advice on possible trim

Please advice. All opinions welcome please

Thanks
Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by flyingdutchman(m): 7:19am On Nov 04, 2017
In this harsh economy save your dime and purchase a 2007-2008 Honda Pilot with excellent interior. It has all the accessories that you'll need. Reverse Cam, beautiful leather upholstery etc. 08065040784 whatasapp.
Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by nurey(m): 8:11am On Nov 04, 2017
PussyKrook:
Please help

Which one should I go for? Please also advice on possible trim

Please advice. All opinions welcome please

Thanks

Both are ok

The pilot is an SUV has better off road capabilities than the highlander. If you are picking pilot, the TOURING should suffice.

The highlander is a high scale CUV, not bad in the off road arena but not a true offroader, has better mpg than the pilot. If picking the highlander, the Limited should suffice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 04, 2017
nurey:

Both are ok

The pilot is an SUV has better off road capabilities than the highlander. If you are picking pilot, the TOURING should suffice.

The highlander is a high scale CUV, not bad in the off road arena but not a true offroader, has better mpg than the pilot. If picking the highlander, the Limited should suffice.
Nurey I want a Nigerian used pathfinder...but scared to inherit problems.
Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by nurey(m): 10:35am On Nov 04, 2017
NgcoboP:

Then pay GAZZUZZ for inspection tongue and have peace of mind

4 Likes

Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by PussyKrook: 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2017
nurey:

Both are ok

Greatly appreciated nurey. I am leaning towards the Pilot then. But I heard they have transmission issues. Is this true? Any known issues I should be concerned that would make me wanna pick the Highlander?
Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by PussyKrook: 1:12pm On Nov 04, 2017
flyingdutchman:
In this harsh economy save your dime and purchase a 2007-2008 Honda Pilot with excellent interior. It has all the accessories that you'll need. Reverse Cam, beautiful leather upholstery etc. 08065040784 whatasapp.

Ok. I will look into that
Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by nurey(m): 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2017
PussyKrook:

Greatly appreciated nurey. I am leaning towards the Pilot then. But I heard they have transmission issues. Is this true? Any known issues I should be concerned that would make me wanna pick the Highlander?

Transmission issues with Honda pilot, nope, nothing of such except you use wrong ATF or maintenance done with nonchalant attitude.

The Highlander limited isn't as loaded as a pilot Touring. Baba pick the pilot and smile everyday for the rest of your relationship with the car.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by PussyKrook: 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
nurey:

Transmission issues with Honda pilot, nope, nothing of such except you use wrong ATF or maintenance done with nonchalant attitude.

The Highlander limited isn't as loaded as a pilot Touring. Baba pick the pilot and smile everyday for the rest of your relationship with the car.

Thank you. I was torn between the two really. My house na Toyota people. I am going with the Touring then.

nurey, whats your opinion on the best (or near best) off road SUV? Between Prado and 4runner?

1 Like

Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2017
PussyKrook:

Thank you. I was torn between the two really. My house na Toyota people. I am going with the Touring then.

nurey, whats your opinion on the best (or near best) off road SUV? Between Prado and 4runner?

Prado. No discussion.
Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2017
nurey:

Then pay GAZZUZZ for inspection tongue and have peace of mind
Enu mi okaa gazz timifakay ni mo n target. He must certify the car with warranty of at least six months.. On the engine, transmission and AC... Including suspensions too.
Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by PussyKrook: 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
NgcoboP:

Prado. No discussion.

Thank you. Greatly appreciate your effort.

1 Like

Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by nurey(m): 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2017
PussyKrook:

You did be surprised both are related but different target market and one has more cargo room.

If I wanted to go low profile, rear vehicle, off road capability and yet blends in appropriately and I want a Toyota, my first pick is the TOYOTA FORTUNER,
Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by PussyKrook: 3:08pm On Nov 04, 2017
nurey:

You did be surprised both are related but different target market and one has more cargo room.

If I wanted to go low profile, rear vehicle, off road capability and yet blends in appropriately and I want a Toyota, my first pick is the TOYOTA FORTUNER,

Gbam. I have two options now. Honda Pilot Touring and Toyota 4Runner. But, def sure for me, the Pilot. Any other thing, 4runner. Blessings and favours fall on you nurey
Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by Readonee35L(m): 1:39am On Nov 05, 2017
nurey:

If I wanted to go low profile, rear vehicle, off road capability and yet blends in appropriately and I want a Toyota, my first pick is the TOYOTA FORTUNER
I forgive you.
Fortuner with cheap build quality and inferior accessories.
You compare the 2.7L over the 2gr-fe v6.
angry
Rather than going for fortuner . I'd rather pick the Prado. Besides both cars are the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by Nobody: 4:20am On Nov 05, 2017
Readonee35L:

I forgive you.
angry
Rather than going for fortuner . I'd rather pick the Prado. Besides both cars are the same thing.
Well said
Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by nurey(m): 5:49am On Nov 05, 2017
Readonee35L:

I forgive you.
angry

I know the fortuner is just an hilux in suv form, but the car isn't really bad

Quick on the line even with the 2.7L engine, the TRD sportivo is well padded, has third row seat though a bit cramped up with leather and reverse camera, the 2008 face-lift isn't bad at all.

If you are a fan of the Toyota 4runner/hilux surf, you did like the fortuner as it looks like and outdated vehicle but performs brilliantly well. Also has a tremendous ground clearance other vehicles would wish for in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by Kashif(m): 7:03am On Nov 05, 2017
nurey:

Quick on the line even with the 2.7L engine, the TRD sportivo is well padded, has third row seat though a bit cramped up with leather and reverse camera, the 2008 face-lift isn't bad at all.

If you are a fan of the Toyota 4runner/hilux surf, you did like the fortuner as it looks like and outdated vehicle but performs brilliantly well. Also has a tremendous ground clearance other vehicles would wish for in Nigeria

With tremendous ground clearance comes tremendous rollover tendency.

Wonder why Toyota makes Fortuner and Previa. I don't think Fortuner is more off road capable than 4runner.

1 Like

Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by nurey(m): 7:29am On Nov 05, 2017
Kashif:

With tremendous ground clearance comes tremendous rollover tendency.

Wonder why Toyota makes Fortuner and Previa. I don't think Fortuner is more off road capable than 4runner.

Apart from ground clearance, I think they are both capable of achieving same feat.

The fortuner and previa are due to stringent rules in Asian countries concerning car size and engine. The sienna and 4runner have more tax associated, so to counter the effect it would have on sales, they decide to down scale them to something different
Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by Kashif(m): 7:36am On Nov 05, 2017
nurey:

Apart from ground clearance, I think they are both capable of achieving same feat.

The fortuner and previa are due to stringent rules in Asian countries concerning car size and engine. The sienna and 4runner have more tax associated, so to counter the effect it would have on sales, they decide to down scale them to something different

Interesting!
Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by Readonee35L(m): 8:08am On Nov 05, 2017
nurey:

My brother you are just wishing. You know sportivo is only available in Australia.
I wonder if you'd convert it to lhd at owode wink
Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by nurey(m): 8:15am On Nov 05, 2017
Readonee35L:

My brother you are just wishing. You know sportivo is only available in Australia.
I wonder if you'd convert it to lhd at owode wink

I see a sportivo TRD in Ogudu Lagos every evening, with its cleanness, I doubt if it was converted
Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by motemi111(m): 11:19am On Nov 05, 2017
NgcoboP:

Check on this.
https://www.nairaland.com/4158347/nissan-pathfinder#62091184
Re: Honda Pilot 2013-14 Vs Toyota Highlander 2013-14? by FlyboyZee: 1:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
nurey:

Sorry, I was mistaking the Fortuner for the Harrier...

(1) (Reply)

Infiniti FX35 Or Toyota Avelon, Pls Advice! / Please What Are The Major Problems With Nissan Quest? / Scan Help Needed In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.