Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? (5637 Views)

Wole Soyinka Deruba Oyinlola Pe Oun Maa Fi Oruko E Sinu Iwe Lori Awon Opuro / T.B Joshua Named 'Yoruba Man Of The Decade', Soyinka 'Yoruba Man Of The Year' / Wole Soyinka Says A Name Is More Than The Tyranny Of Taste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Remii(m): 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2009
This for you Sony Okogwu,

Aye e para para papa papa pao pao bi guguru,

Translate to Ibo / Igbo.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by MeGaStReEt: 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2009
like they always say

IN EVERY RUMUR, there is an evidence of truth
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2009
farotika:

My love kiss ma da awon gbentuele yen lohun jare. They dont know what they are saying cool

Yeye people angry
grin grin grin wink
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by spikedcylinder: 11:22pm On Mar 27, 2009
Mr Odogwu has become senile.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by shotster50(m): 2:21am On Mar 28, 2009
Naija peopel sef. Just because he said Wole is not Nigerian doesnt necessarily means he is not. Dont you get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by romeo(m): 10:59pm On Mar 28, 2009
The Foolish ones are still calling Chief Odogwu names!! cheesy
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 29, 2009
romeo:

chief Odogwu is the foolish one himself.
You ppl would support anything as long as it's Igbo sha.
Are you telling me that the dude's accusation might be true?
There's not even a chance of probability in this one.

Continue to close your eyes until you eventually turn blind
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by osisi2(f): 12:55am On Mar 29, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

chief Odogwu is the foolish one himself.
You ppl would support anything as long as it's Igbo sha.
Are you telling me that the dude's accusation might be true?
There's not even a chance of probability in this one.

Continue to close your eyes until you eventually turn blind

Chief Odogwu is innocent.
Read the thread dear.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by osisi2(f): 12:58am On Mar 29, 2009
romeo:

Thank you!

I just found out that Chief Sunny Odogwu,the Ide Ahaba is a totally different person from this clown Sonny Okogwu.Please let's not confuse the 2.
Odogwu is a well respected multi millionaire and a philantropist in his 70's,the owner of Grand hotel in Asaba and a a man who has proven himself in the world of business.He is the holder of several distinguished awards and merited honors both at home and abroad and is well loved by all Asaba indigenes and Igbos at large.

Sunny Okogwu is a tout.
His only claim to fame is being Ndidi Okogwu's brother Ndidi Okogwu went on to become Maryam Babangida and the Okogwu of an slowpoke was a beneficiary of the stolen Nigerian money by the IBB regime.
Please let's make that distinction and not drag Sunny Odogwu's good name through the mud

Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 29, 2009
**osisi:

Chief Odogwu is innocent.
Read the thread dear.

My bad, I saw my mistake tongue
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by Dede1(m): 6:05am On Mar 29, 2009
@farotika

If anybody should be given a trophy for exhibiting crass ignorance over Chief Sunny Okogwu’s melancholic interview, I guess you are certainly the frontrunner. Talking of flogging, you really needed to be laid out.

There is no smoke with fire. So the high decibels of your noise can not change the history of Nigeria which instigated that most families in Ogun State as well as Lagos State were settlers who arrived from Sierra Leon as freed slaves. Most of these families, without doubts, became very prominent when certain portion of Africa was declared independent state of Nigeria. Indulge yourself with figuring it out. 

I can not stoop to your level of advancement which has been checkered with flawed sense of idiocy. Please pal, I urge you to get educated instead of mouthing off like a deranged zebra. 

From Farotika on March 24, 2009 by 12:31PM
[/quote]I think ignorance should be beaten out of you and your sorry "Sony" for claiming to know what u don’t have knowledge of. I wonder how this so-called chief will interpret his name 'Sunny Odogwu',  Maybe "Sunny" means he comes from the Sun or Odo-gwu" could mean that he's a product of "odo" i.e. 'pestle and mortar'.

Mind you, both Soyinka and Obasanjo have deep Yoruba meaning. So, the man should ask question not make useless comments.[quote]
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by AloyEmeka9: 7:11am On Mar 29, 2009
Sunny Odogwu is senile if I may add. Old age is disturbing him.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by romeo(m): 7:54am On Mar 29, 2009
romeo:

Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by AloyEmeka9: 8:35am On Mar 29, 2009
I just found out that Chief Sunny Odogwu,the Ide Ahaba is a totally different person from this clown Sonny Okogwu.Please let's not confuse the 2.
Odogwu is a well respected multi millionaire and a philantropist in his 70's,the owner of Grand hotel in Asaba and a a man who has proven himself in the world of business.He is the holder of several distinguished awards and merited honors both at home and abroad and is well loved by all Asaba indigenes and Igbos at large.

Sunny Okogwu is a tout.
His only claim to fame is being Ndidi Okogwu's brother Ndidi Okogwu went on to become Maryam Babangida and the Okogwu of an slowpoke was a beneficiary of the stolen Nigerian money by the IBB regime.
Please let's make that distinction and not drag Sunny Odogwu's good name through the mud
That was close. I thought Chief Sunny Odogwu is Maryam Babangida's s brother?.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by idupaul: 8:43am On Mar 29, 2009

man me too oo, i don yab dat man die in the past wrongly be dat oooo, its good i now know
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by egheleghe(m): 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2009
The sun likes using catchy captions.The actual aim was for us to mistaken the name 'OKOGWU' for 'ODOGWU' and buy the paper.unfortunately Chief Odogwu cannot sue them.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by ogbonosoup: 9:42pm On Jun 02, 2009
hahahahahaha, this is so funny
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by MrCrackles(m): 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by ukukaegbu(m): 3:22pm On Jun 04, 2009
Already they've started abusing an innocent man.
YEYE PEOPLE!
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by IFELEKE(m): 6:25pm On Jun 10, 2009
This Okogwu thing is just struggling for cheap relevance, A symptom apparent in someone suffering from Mouth Diarrhea.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by emiemi(f): 8:30am On Nov 17, 2009
I can't believe this, I mean tis hard to believe an elderly man can talk arrant nonsense as this. shocked shocked shocked

A proverb says, because of what we'll eat, we refuse to be wise. I feel pity for this man really. How many
of such ''elders'' in quote are worth the respect of the younger generations? Becos african culture says wisdom
comes with age but that is faulted with this kind of interview and so many experiences of life with so called
older guys.

Sorry Sonny
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by emiemi(f): 8:33am On Nov 17, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

The names are quite similar. It's good we know which is which.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by favouredjb(f): 3:23pm On Apr 21, 2010
Chief sunny ODOGWU is maryam's elder bro
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by 006(m): 7:25pm On Apr 21, 2010
Sorry folks, but there are some truth in what Sunny Okogwu said.
The one I'm sure of was Kutis who were not Nigerians but returned slave settlers.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by agbotaen: 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2011
sunny odogwu is not an ika man ,he is an aniocha man from asaba, and ika people are agbor , igbanke, owa and their brothers in ika south /north/ orhiowon local govt. outside this ,the person is not an ika person, so please get your fact well before writing.
Re: Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? by anonymous6(f): 4:41am On Nov 23, 2011
Wole Soyinka is not Nigeria LOL, whats next: Obasanjo is not Nigerian?

what a bunch of nonsence

(1) (2) (Reply)

BUSSA: Igbo-barbadian Warrior And Freedom Fighter / Beautiful Somalis / History Of Enu-ani (igbo) People Of Onicha-ugbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.