Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,265 members, 7,954,033 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:11 AM

12 Types Of Bosses And How To Manage Them - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 12 Types Of Bosses And How To Manage Them (626 Views)

4 Workplace Politics You Should Know About & How To Manage Them / Women Bosses And Their Women Problem / Lady Who Slept With Her Bosses For Promotion Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Types Of Bosses And How To Manage Them by Papilo87(m): 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
This was first published by Ngcareers

Alongside salaries, deadlines, annoying colleagues and stress, bosses are one of the things that make you scream TGIF!!! In my life, I have seen and heard about different bosses, ranging from amazing to aggravating. Anyways, today, I will identify 12 shades of bosses and how you can relate with each of these characters (if your boss happens to be like one).

The Machine

This kind of boss is characterized by an empty desk, no family pictures and no emotions. They are all about business, all the time. I am not saying she’s not human (yes, it has to be a she, because you’d hardly find a man who is that stringent). This boss is the sworn enemy of fun, levity, and emotion, The machine would rather you just get to work and that means, all the time. While it is nice having someone who drives you to do your best, it would also be nice to feel some sort of emotional connection with the person from time to time, right?

Solution: You’ll probably have to conceal your own feelings and buckle down to her schedule. It may not sound like a lot of fun, but on flip side, she’ll teach you discipline and efficiency. Try making friends with your co-workers. They’re almost certainly as frustrated as you are! Inside jokes and friendly chit-chat can make the day seem brighter.

The Screamer

This kind of boss is characterized by a high-pitch voice, a superiority complex, and belief that others are wrong. The screamer is of the opinion that he will get his way if he raises his voice to an unconscionable level: the higher the volume, the higher the commitment. The screamer is a very edgy character by nature, he doesn’t like to dwell on ‘any’ reason behind a problem, but instead takes solace from the fact that he has scolded someone, and hence, he has prevented the mistake from re-occurring. Many of you may have certainly come across such bosses.

Solution: All in all, screamers just want to know that they’re being heard, and they want recognition. If you can get along with your screamer boss, and gain his respect and trust, perhaps you can help guide him to lower tones.

The Scaremonger Boss

This kind of boss is characterized by breeding fear and uncertainty in the minds of subordinates. People would scramble to do what a “fearsome” boss says because they’re afraid of him and what he might do. This in turn actually encourages him to dish out further intimidation. He always has a threat for any failed assignment, and he constantly follows through with that threat in order to keep his employees in line.

Solution: do what you are supposed to in the right way and at the right time. Oh and yeah, develop a thick skin to his threats because fear has a way of making you do the wrong thing despite your right intentions

The Manipulator Boss

This boss is characterized by his Machiavellian ways. Also known as the deceitful boss, Mr. Manipulator is very intelligent and if you ask me, one of the most dangerous. The manipulator boss is extremely focused, motivated, and always has a secret (evil) plan. He looks at the people around him as a means to an end. People he touches or runs over on the way to the top are casualties of his quest and he writes off without a backward glance.

Solution: If you work for a manipulator, watch your back! Your best bet is to be open and honest with him. Don’t ever make the mistake of believing that anything he does is for your benefit.

The Pal

This boss is characterized by Hugs, warm smiles and high-fives. The Pal wants to be your friend, not your boss. Sadly for him you’ve already got friends and you don’t want to hang out with him anyway. From “dry gist of his glorious years” to unfunny jokes that you’ve just got to laugh at (or else!) The Pal has a way of making fun into a chore. And please don’t get me started on his habit of trying to start questionable relationships with subordinates.

Solution: Laugh at his funnier jokes, but don’t stoop to laughing at everything that comes out of his mouth in the name of a joke. Say a polite ‘no thanks’ to all the invitations you can, and keep your own interactions with him on an extremely professional level. Protect yourself with a thick layer of decorum and common sense.

See if your boss is here >>> https://blog.ngcareers.com/4504/12-shades-of-bosses-and-how-to-win-their-love/
Re: 12 Types Of Bosses And How To Manage Them by rildwanullahi(m): 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
Oya
Re: 12 Types Of Bosses And How To Manage Them by Demmzy15(m): 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
grinIf your boss f*ck up, just arrange for am..... run am street! cool
Re: 12 Types Of Bosses And How To Manage Them by 1love4all: 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
Some boss can be a pain.
Re: 12 Types Of Bosses And How To Manage Them by ladygudhead(f): 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2015
umm still trying to find where my boss falls in.
Dat man shaa
Re: 12 Types Of Bosses And How To Manage Them by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sadly enough, my dad is my boss. Think I need a new job!
Re: 12 Types Of Bosses And How To Manage Them by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
Gone are those days of. " skirt and blouse", "yes ma,yes sir".

Work for urself!
Re: 12 Types Of Bosses And How To Manage Them by constance500: 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
Lemme go and ask my oga which category he fell in. I'm coming
Re: 12 Types Of Bosses And How To Manage Them by dotune(m): 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
Sadly enough, my dad is my boss.
Think I need a new job!
Lol. Sorry. But u can learn under him to become a boss one day.
Re: 12 Types Of Bosses And How To Manage Them by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
dotune:
Lol. Sorry. But u can learn under him to become a boss one day.
I like your profile pic!

(1) (Reply)

The world’s oldest Koran is older than the Prophet Muhammad-Oxford experts- / I Want To Do My I.t / Reward Time! Reward Time!! With Qikqik

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.