Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop (2565 Views)

Whats Wrong With This Engine Drop? / Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) / Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by guyla: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
House, i quite appreciate this forum please my honda civic hybrid is constantly developing fault after fault. Recently it developed engine drop, it occurs very regularly, i am tired of giving mechanics money. they call it one name after the other, some say it is slow-run, others say it is engine drop, yet another still call it break and quench. I am not a pro when it comes to car issues but i am truly tired, what can i do.

Please i need response ASAP

Thank you
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2015
An indication / description of the issues you're having will help.

Right now, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by guyla: 6:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
The engine vibrates and drops, the mechanic will come, raise it, but it keeps happening, then the car goes off, they say it is break and quench another one calls it slow run, but i believe a lot of well read motor engineers are in here, pls what do you call it, and how should i get a solution
thanks
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by abatically(m): 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
Two questions, do u give a hybrid car to a roadside mechanic? Did he scan it?
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by guyla: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
not scanned and yes the mechanic i use is a roadnside can you recommend a better option
thnkd and waiting for your reply
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
guyla:
not scanned and yes the mechanic i use is a roadnside can you recommend a better option

Santa Mariá! You take a high-tech Hybrid to a roadside mechanic?? shocked

Honestly, you MUST enjoy the issues you're having. Why else would you keep making the same mistakes? Dude, take your car to a certified Honda-Hybrid shop, or at least an independent who knows one end of a spanner from the other. Quit being mean and penny-pinching.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by Piyke: 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
guyla:

If in Lagos, seek Gazzuzz. Gazz I trust you dey tackle hybrid?
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by Piyke: 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
Siena:

Honestly, you MUST enjoy the issues you're having. Why else would you keep making the same mistakes? Dude, take your car to a certified Honda-Hybrid shop, or at least an independent who knows one end of a spanner from the other. Quit being mean and penny-pinching.

Siena you really cracked me up with this post grin
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by kingreign(m): 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
guyla:
House, i quite appreciate this forum please my honda civic hybrid is constantly developing fault after fault. Recently it developed engine drop, it occurs very regularly, i am tired of giving mechanics money. they call it one name after the other, some say it is slow-run, others say it is engine drop, yet another still call it break and quench. I am not a pro when it comes to car issues but i am truly tired, what can i do.

Thank you
do you hear any 'KPOM' noise from the back?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
kingreign:

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe. I de laugh like mumu

3 Likes

Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
guyla:

Thank you

Pics of your engine bay let's be sure it's really a hybrid.

The throttle body will be electronic, so I wonder what they have been adjusting.
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by guyla: 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
i hear noises, cant really say where exactly they come from
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by guyla: 8:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
@ Gazzuzzit was converted to brainbox
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
guyla:
@ Gazzuzzit was converted to brainbox

Piyke it is really a "hybrid" now

3 Likes

Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by guyla: 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2015
Gazzuzz do you have a phone number
i dont mind a direct talk i am tired and frustrated.
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
guyla:
Gazzuzz do you have a phone number
i dont mind a direct talk i am tired and frustrated.

My 2 phones are faulty grin

Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by Piyke: 8:24pm On Aug 12, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe. I de laugh like mumu

Not only you o, I've been rolling on the floor right from some days ago when I first saw a "kpom" thread grin grin grin
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by Piyke: 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Piyke it is really a "hybrid" now

Guess we really need the pic

1 Like

Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by mayor2013: 2:01am On Aug 13, 2015
What not give a better details of your car first. Or done you know what type of car you driving
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by mayor2013: 2:01am On Aug 13, 2015
Why not give a better details of your car first? Or don't you know what type of car you driving
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by FestacGirl(f): 8:22am On Aug 13, 2015
kingreign:

Lwkm

Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by 9icetoo(m): 10:46am On Aug 13, 2015
kingreign:

Tears are streaming down my face. You just made my day. grin. My stomach still hurts.

1 Like

Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by chucky234(m): 6:58am On Aug 14, 2015
FestacGirl:
Lwkm
bae how far
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by FestacGirl(f): 8:48am On Aug 14, 2015
chucky234:
bae how far
Not too far
How r u doing
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by chucky234(m): 9:44am On Aug 14, 2015
FestacGirl:
Not too far How r u doing
abeg no let am far ooo I dey ooo, hustling thingz
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by kingreign(m): 9:46am On Aug 14, 2015
chucky234:
abeg no let am far ooo I dey ooo, 'KPOM' thingz
fixed! wink
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Pics of your engine bay let's be sure it's really a hybrid.

The throttle body will be electronic, so I wonder what they have been adjusting.

Kindly specify the address of a certified Hybrid mechanic any where in Nigeria, cos the last time I checked they were non existing, even Honda Place doesnt have Hybrid Mechanics, they only sell Honda cars.

When buying sophisticated cars like these know that this is Nigeria, consider the lack of spare parts and qualified mechanics, include the purchase of a mechanic with the car next time.

At least the roadside mechanic is better than no mechanic.
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
kaeforum:

Kindly specify the address of a certified Hybrid mechanic any where in Nigeria, cos the last time I checked they were non existing, even Honda Place doesnt have Hybrid Mechanics, they only sell Honda cars.

When buying sophisticated cars like these know that this is Nigeria, consider the lack of spare parts and qualified mechanics, include the purchase of a mechanic with the car next time.

Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by LeJeun3: 3:02pm On Aug 14, 2015
Siena:

Boss, calm down. It will soon be converted for him........
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by LeJeun3: 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
kaeforum:

Boss, look inward rather than outwards......
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by jamepatrick: 8:46pm On May 13, 2017
How did you fix it kingreign? Please I need help
Re: HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop by kingreign(m): 9:36pm On May 13, 2017
jamepatrick:
How did you fix it kingreign? Please I need help
location?
Type of car you drive?

(1) (Reply)

My Mercedes Benz CLS 500 Wont Change Gear From Gear 1 / Witnessed Skidding/180 Degree Spin On The Highway! / Lexus ES 350 2008 Vs Toyota Camry SE 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.