Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,846 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? (6695 Views)

8 Signs Your Timing Belt Needs To Be Replaced / Why Is My Timming Belt Always Cutting / HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by chamber2(m): 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2015
The last one month has been hell for me. after doing all that was recommended by my mechanic, my honda 2009 keep having problem and its causing me great pain and embarrassment.

The TIMING BELT or what keeps cutting at the middle of the road! within one month i v changed it four times. yes, four good times. it will suddsnly cut at the middle of nowhere...keeping me and family stranded begging for help.

i need help urgently as this is causing me pains.

my friends and gurus in the house, what could be causing this belt to cut regularly? pls i need ur help urgently before i run crazy
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by kingreign(m): 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
chamber2:
The last one month has been hell for me. after doing all that was recommended by my mechanic, my honda 2009 keep having problem and its causing me great pain and embarrassment.

The TIMING BELT or what keeps cutting at the middle of the road! within one month i v changed it four times. yes, four good times. it will suddsnly cut at the middle of nowhere...keeping me and family stranded begging for help.

i need help urgently as this is causing me pains.

my friends and gurus in the house, what could be causing this belt to cut regularly? pls i need ur help urgently before i run crazy
Does accord 09 use timing belt or chain?
Shrugs... Well, how much did your mechanic buy the timing belts each?
Lets start from there first then we'll tell you what to do.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by chamber2(m): 8:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
he said N2,500 oh eventhough i later found out its sold for N1200. Pls i seriously need ur help
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by davidhoop: 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
Your mechanic will need to examine d teeth of the rollers and ensure they are properly aligned. That's my 2 cents

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by mayor2013: 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
davidhoop:
Your mechanic will need to examine d teeth of the rollers and ensure they are properly aligned. That's my 2 cents

In addition to this I hope he has not been getting substandard timing belt?

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by gidjah(m): 9:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
If it is belt mad then he should change d belt pully(pullies),they may be seriously faulty,we call them razor.ask him to chaeck if it leaks oil, that is another reason fo constant cutting.sory about d familly embarsing things, na so motor dey do o.Very soon, u will start odering for cars wen ever any car of urs breaks down lik dat.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by chamber2(m): 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2015
mehn its crazy being stranded after a stressful work-day. The mechanic said i should change the engine top and it will stop. i am warry of of spending much money at the end nothing gets fixed- hence i need i better opinion before i start spending again.

the engine rings and gasket were recently changed....and there is no oil leakage. i am suspecting the engine bay is not properly alingned hence d regular belt cut. i am really baren of ideas
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by kingreign(m): 10:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
chamber2:
mehn its crazy being stranded after a stressful work-day. The mechanic said i should change the engine top and it will stop. i am warry of of spending much money at the end nothing gets fixed- hence i need i better opinion before i start spending again.

the engine rings and gasket were recently changed....and there is no oil leakage. i am suspecting the engine bay is not properly alingned hence d regular belt cut. i am really baren of ideas

bros look at this list ive prepared for you, it will actually do.

LIST OF ITEMS TO CHANGE
1: Kazeem (he isnt suppose to be in this generation, he's only used 12BC generation technology)
2: belt (original belts are quite expensive)
3: pulleys. (could be defective or bennt)
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
A 2009 accord I4 does not use a timing belt.

A 2009 accord V6 3.5 liter uses a timing belt

The belt that is snapping is the serpentine belt.

An original one will cost almost 8-12k.

Any of the rolling parts (except the crank shaft pulley) could cause it to snap.

Please change mechanics.

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8Mhrg4dxVinjr-NHxlucaLjGvDtQZWJwLfjwx9-x4_5IrOfdd[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by FestacGirl(f): 11:43am On Aug 14, 2015
A 2009 vehicle with less than 100k miles being ringed
I carry yansh for Nigerians
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 14, 2015
chamber2:
he said N2,500 oh eventhough i later found out its sold for N1200. Pls i seriously need ur help

2009 ACCORD USES TIMING CHAIN LIKE ITS PREDECESSORS, THE MECHANIC MUST BE REFERRING TO ANOTHER BELT.
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 14, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
A 2009 accord I4 does not use a timing belt.

A 2009 accord V6 3.5 liter uses a timing belt

The belt that is snapping is the serpentine belt.

An original one will cost almost 8-12k.

Any of the rolling parts (except the crank shaft pulley) could cause it to snap.

Please change mechanics.

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8Mhrg4dxVinjr-NHxlucaLjGvDtQZWJwLfjwx9-x4_5IrOfdd[/img]

CORRECT, THE GUY BOUGHT A FAKE BELT. AM SURPRISED HIS VALVE RODS ARE STILL INTACT.
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 14, 2015
FestacGirl:

Depends on the driving habits, over revving a car can cause the engine to wear fast and smoke.

Nigeria doesnt need your yansh grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by abatically(m): 11:58am On Aug 14, 2015
kaeforum:

2009 ACCORD USES TIMING CHAIN LIKE ITS PREDECESSORS, THE MECHANIC MUST BE REFERRING TO ANOTHER BELT.

The v6 uses timing belt.
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 14, 2015
abatically:

The v6 uses timing belt.
noted
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by FestacGirl(f): 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
kaeforum:

Depends on the driving habits, over revving a car can cause the engine to wear fast and smoke.

If u like drive a 2009 accord in James bond style , with correct maintenance it shud Neva smoke in 2015 ..

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by kingreign(m): 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
FestacGirl:

If u like drive a 2009 accord in James bond style , with correct maintenance it shud Neva smoke in 2015 ..

um babe, im blushing (thats if dark skinned men blush), where you go learn mechanic apprentice from?
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
FestacGirl:

You dont believe ask any mechanic , smoking engines have nothing to do with mileage, I have a car thats clocking 271,000km the engine still runs smooth no smoke.
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by FestacGirl(f): 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2015
kaeforum:

You dont believe ask any mechanic , smoking engines have nothing to do with mileage, I have a car thats clocking 271,000km the engine still runs smooth no smoke.
You're the one getting it wrong,
I never said it has to do with mileage , intact a new 2015 accord can smoke in less than a year , if u try something stupid with it like using diesel engine oil,

A 2009 accord if used properly should not smoke in 2015 ,if u like drive to China .

An engine intact should last the lifetime of the Car it self , but its reverse in Nigeria
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by FestacGirl(f): 1:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
kingreign:

um babe, im blushing (thats if dark skinned men blush), where you go learn mechanic apprentice from?
I no learn mechanic oh unless u go teach me tho I'd love too ,
I have a corolla so i know little about cars
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by 9icetoo(m): 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
Any of the pulleys could be defective, causing the pulley to seize in operation and snapping the belt. Op should inspect these pulleys using a competent mech and buy an original belt.
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by Inception(m): 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
kaeforum:

abeg i am Nigerians... i need that yansh!! grin grin

cool
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
FestacGirl:

You're the one getting it wrong,
I never said it has to do with mileage , intact a new 2015 accord can smoke in less than a year , if u try something stupid with it like using diesel engine oil,

A 2009 accord if used properly should not smoke in 2015 ,if u like drive to China .

An engine intact should last the lifetime of the Car it self , but its reverse in Nigeria

Every engine eventually wears with time, no engine is built to last forever, FYI even in Nigeria, we have vehicle owners who take good care of their vehicles.
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by FestacGirl(f): 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
kaeforum:

Every engine eventually wears with time, no engine is built to last forever, FYI even in Nigeria, we have vehicle owners who take good care of their vehicles.
You're just going off point,
Do you read my posts b4 u comment ?
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by chamber2(m): 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
Thanks all for your input. Car issues like this can cause lots of headache really. It still baffles me that a 2009 accord, V6, is having this kind of issue grin

Well, the mechanic said i should replace the ENGINE TOP and the incessant cutting will stop. I still think this is not an issue with the engine or the top rather that of the pulleys or bad belt as already mentioned.

I have decided to move the car to another mechanic tomorrow. My problem is getting a good and experienced mechanic, especially here in the east. What we have here are bunch of ''try your luck'' mechanic.

I still need more suggestions to aid my quest for solution. Is this really the problem with the engine top?
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by shamecurls(m): 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
i had a pal that experienced same issues. I was personally there when the issue was resolved and i will share with you if it might help. NB- Please note that its your serpentine belt that is snapping.

When his belt first snapped, the remains forced its way into the oil seal that is attached to the pulley connected to the crack shaft which cause oil leakages which was the cause of these scenario am sharing with you. The pulley had to be removed and the serpentine belt remains where pulled-out and oil-seal was replaced.
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by kingreign(m): 7:17pm On Aug 14, 2015
FestacGirl:

You're just going off point,
Do you read my posts b4 u comment ?
he's right, at some point, every machine wears out and have to be retired or they become grossly inefficient. no engine is built to last for eternity. However, you can prolong the longevity, efficiency and effectiveness of a machine by meticulous maintenance (well, except any recent thing that goes by the name "Rovers"wink

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by gidjah(m): 9:53pm On Aug 14, 2015
U think its the mechanics fault?,what about the car usage from the side of d owner?
FestacGirl:
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by 9icetoo(m): 12:52am On Aug 15, 2015
chamber2:
Thanks all for your input. Car issues like this can cause lots of headache really. It still baffles me that a 2009 accord, V6, is having this kind of issue grin

Well, the mechanic said i should replace the ENGINE TOP and the incessant cutting will stop. I still think this is not an issue with the engine or the top rather that of the pulleys or bad belt as already mentioned.

I have decided to move the car to another mechanic tomorrow. My problem is getting a good and experienced mechanic, especially here in the east. What we have here are bunch of ''try your luck'' mechanic.

I still need more suggestions to aid my quest for solution. Is this really the problem with the engine top?
Your top has no business with your serpentine belt. Change your mechanic. Ask around for a reputable mech. Where in the east do you reside? A poster wrote something here about oil contaminating the new belts from leaking seals. Check your pulleys especially the tensioner, water pump and air conditioner pulley.
On a skoda, whenever the serpentine belts start failing, the culprit is usually the alternator pulley. I believe a pulley is at fault in your car. Finding Which one it is will depend on the troubleshooting skills of the mechanic.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by AutoCarTracker(m): 5:41am On Aug 15, 2015
chamber2:

there is no connection to the top, just check the belt tensioner and whether the belt arrangement was properly done. If its all these long serpentine belts care has to be taken.
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by abatically(m): 7:18am On Aug 15, 2015
shamecurls:
i had a pal that experienced same issues. I was personally there when the issue was resolved and i will share with you if it might help. NB- Please note that its your serpentine belt that is snapping.

When his belt first snapped, the remains forced its way into the oil seal that is attached to the pulley connected to the crack shaft which cause oil leakages which was the cause of these scenario am sharing with you. The pulley had to be removed and the serpentine belt remains where pulled-out and oil-seal was replaced.

Op didn't say serpentine belt, he said timing belt which is possible. u can't be too sure with guessing.

So Mr Op, is it serpentine belt on timing belt that is snapping? Is the belt visible or inside the engine?
Re: Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? by mayor2013: 8:10am On Aug 15, 2015
chamber2:

What part of East are you located in?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Korope/mini Bus On Installmental Payment/hire Purchase / Get Auto Repairs And Replacement Parts Anywhere / How Much Does It Cost To Clear A 40 Foot Container In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.