Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing (30555 Views)

Sisy Arias Co-pilot Who Died In The Colombia Crash During Her First Flight / See Late Co-pilot Of Kaduna Helicopter Crash Who Was Set To Marry In December / Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by mekybabe1: 10:50am On Aug 13, 2015
He's so cute and young. May God have mercy and let them find him alive.
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by vicuto(m): 10:52am On Aug 13, 2015
Oh My God. cry is well with him.
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2015
lets hope he survived...
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by sandrahnaub(f): 11:13am On Aug 13, 2015
omojoshy:
I pray he or she shows up alive. shocked shocked
he/she U no. See pictures?

1 Like

Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by Sagamite(m): 11:31am On Aug 13, 2015
auntysimbiat:
The 26 year old co-pilot of the ill fated helicopter that crashed into the Lagoon yesterday, Peter Bello, (pictured below) has still not been found. 4 persons were confirmed dead while 6 were rescued alive. However Peter and one other person in the 12- seat helicopter are yet to be accounted for as they have not been found by divers.

Reports say they were coming from the Niger Delta where they had gone for an oil-related inspection and were heading back to Lagos when they suffered the mishap. Friends say Peter, who is also a media photographer, had been planning for his sister's wedding which is to hold soon. Pray they find him alive. Amen.

Source: http://nairanaijanews..com/2015/08/photos-co-pilot-of-ill-fated-helicopter.html

Pray they find him alive?

In a visible Lagoon after 24 hours of being missing?

A Lagoon that does not have an island he could have been "lost" in?

Or the author is waiting for a miracle of an air-pocket in the Lagoon?

Nonsense prayer.
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by Godslove2012: 11:54am On Aug 13, 2015
Dis cant be happening, we once lived together ate from the same plate, played mortal combat and super Mario games as kids....
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2015
26yrs old?? Haba! His poor parents......... cry

Godslove2012:
Dis cant be happening, we once lived together ate from the same plate, played mortal combat and super Mario games as kids....

Eyaaa...you knew him? My condolences
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
I boarded same ill fated flight on my return journey from one of the FPSO precisely two weeks ago. It was flown by this missing pilot. Bello. I had flown with him thrice. A very nice and humble person. I pray he is found alive. Miracles do happen

1 Like

Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by adaxxy: 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
auntysimbiat:
The 26 year old co-pilot of the ill fated helicopter that crashed into the Lagoon yesterday, Peter Bello, (pictured below) has still not been found. 4 persons were confirmed dead while 6 were rescued alive. However Peter and one other person in the 12- seat helicopter are yet to be accounted for as they have not been found by divers.

Reports say they were coming from the Niger Delta where they had gone for an oil-related inspection and were heading back to Lagos when they suffered the mishap. Friends say Peter, who is also a media photographer, had been planning for his sister's wedding which is to hold soon. Pray they find him alive. Amen.

omg I know this guy oooo I've seen him around the airport ..rip bro.

Source: http://nairanaijanews..com/2015/08/photos-co-pilot-of-ill-fated-helicopter.html
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by ayobami84: 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
Yemoja don marry am
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
Oh my God! I pray for God's grace for him and his family.
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by jpphilips(m): 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
Is the co pilot not HUET trained? why should a co pilot "die" in a heli- lagoon crash? it doesn't really make sense.
I trust the survivors are HUET trained.
I saw the picture where the Engine burst into flames before plunging into the lagoon, the Cabin was still intact till impact so why would anyone die?
Perhaps the romance between SPDC and Bristow will be broken with this incident, Bristow had an emergency lagoon landing just last yr and now this?
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
RIP to the dead and thanks to my mum for refusing me taking up an offer from bristow.
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by jpphilips(m): 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
kollysnipe:
I boarded same ill fated flight on my return journey from one of the FPSO precisely two weeks ago. It was flown by this missing pilot. Bello. I had flown with him thrice. A very nice and humble person. I pray he is found alive. Miracles do happen

Fear gripped my arse the first time I saw those Nigerian Pilots, i understand the local content thing but Nigerians have serious fundamental issues when it comes to safety, there is another little girl in her early 20's doing NAOC projects.
It really scares me, most white guys attitude to work can not be compared to that of Nigerians, there should be critical sectors of the economy that should enthrone competence above politics.
When there is serious national re orientation, where humanities will be enshrined in an average black man only then will I trust a Nigerian pilot.
I guess Bristow will have to skip the "unlikely event of an emergency" in their safety briefing.
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by osewanu(m): 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
jpphilips:

Fear gripped my arse the first time I saw those Nigerian Pilots, i understand the local content thing but Nigerians have serious fundamental issues when it comes to safety, there is another little girl in her early 20's doing NAOC projects.
It really scares me, most white guys attitude to work can not be compared to that of Nigerians, there should be critical sectors of the economy that should enthrone competence above politics.
When there is serious national re orientation, where humanities will be enshrined in an average black man only then will I trust a Nigerian pilot.
I guess Bristow will have to skip the "unlikely event of an emergency" in their safety briefing.

What a load of rubbish. People come here to display crass ignorance. Was the crew all Nigerian? Wasn't the commander an American? Why haven't aircraft with all Nigerian crew been falling off the sky everyday? Why doesn't Caverton with almost 95% local content have safety issues? Or have u heard of caverton crashing or having any accident? Why did Dana crash occur with an all expat crew(American and indian) since they are so superior to Nigerians. Why didn't the American turn to superman and save the aircraft in the first place?
Do you know how difficult it is to be shortlisted,pass the cadet interview, how hard it is to graduate from Bristow flying school and how difficult it is to finally get on the line as a Nigerian even in our own country?

emancipate yourself from mental slavery my friend.
If you don't have any thing tangible to contribute, don't type.
May the crew rip

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by osewanu(m): 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
jpphilips:
Is the co pilot not HUET trained? why should a co pilot "die" in a heli- lagoon crash? it doesn't really make sense.
I trust the survivors are HUET trained.
I saw the picture where the Engine burst into flames before plunging into the lagoon, the Cabin was still intact till impact so why would anyone die?
Perhaps the romance between SPDC and Bristow will be broken with this incident, Bristow had an emergency lagoon landing just last yr and now this?

It doesn't make sense to you because you are da.ft and know nothing about helicopters.
I think you're just another e-diot who thinks because he's a regular flyer he knows all not realising he knows nada. And for your info,bristow doesn't fly for shell anymore.
Ode oshi

3 Likes

Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by bhadmux(m): 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
Aminat508:
Omo see fine boy...... Oga o
I pray they foun him...
Amina! How are you doing ? Am ismail ibrahim badmus, I would love us to be good friends if you don't mind bcoz me just like you. Add me on watsapp 07066584011 or send me ur watsapp phone number/BB Pin and let's talk better. Please reply.
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by Princess4eva(f): 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2015
So sad. Pray by some twist of fate he is found alive.

To think I ran away from road traveling and flew into Lagos 2 days ago and now this.....Truly one is safe only if God keeps you safe.
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by jpphilips(m): 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
osewanu:

It doesn't make sense to you because you are da.ft and know nothing about helicopters.
I think you're just another e-diot who thinks because he's a regular flyer he knows all not realising he knows nada. And for your info,bristow doesn't fly for shell anymore.
Ode oshi

Can you tell us why they stopped flying for SPDC?
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by jpphilips(m): 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
osewanu:

What a load of rubbish. People come here to display crass ignorance. Was the crew all Nigerian? Wasn't the commander an American? Why haven't aircraft with all Nigerian crew been falling off the sky everyday? Why doesn't Caverton with almost 95% local content have safety issues? Or have u heard of caverton crashing or having any accident? Why did Dana crash occur with an all expat crew(American and indian) since they are so superior to Nigerians. Why didn't the American turn to superman and save the aircraft in the first place?
Do you know how difficult it is to be shortlisted,pass the cadet interview, how hard it is to graduate from Bristow flying school and how difficult it is to finally get on the line as a Nigerian even in our own country?

emancipate yourself from mental slavery my friend.
If you don't have any thing tangible to contribute, don't type.
May the crew rip

I have a phobia for Nigerian pilots, now, suck up your wet dreams
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by fairygeh(f): 6:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
Oh my God,see fine boy
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by Shobyz: 6:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
The last I remember of you was the thumbs up to me from the chopper. RIP Peter!
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by princetelaviv: 7:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
oya nau na thrr u go fear jazzzxzxx dey guy dey him.house nau ooo ofe, odi ile agbe
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by osewanu(m): 11:01pm On Aug 13, 2015
jpphilips:

Can you tell us why they stopped flying for SPDC?

Because they don't have enough Nigerian pilots and the new company handling shell has almost 100% local pilots WITHOUT any form of accident whatsoever. Now you suck that up you ignoramus.

1 Like

Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by jpphilips(m): 6:46am On Aug 14, 2015
osewanu:

Because they don't have enough Nigerian pilots and the new company handling shell has almost 100% local pilots WITHOUT any form of accident whatsoever. Now you suck that up you ignoramus.

grin
osewanu:

Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by jpphilips(m): 6:48am On Aug 14, 2015
osewanu:

lol
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by Stewee(m): 8:57am On Aug 14, 2015
jpphilips:

I have a phobia for Nigerian pilots, now, suck up your wet dreams

I wonder how you developed such phobia. Nigerian pilots are well trained and highly rated among their counterparts around the world.

My Uncle here in the US is a captain of a B747-400... He has proven himself to become one of the elites.
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by jpphilips(m): 4:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
Stewee:

I wonder how you developed such phobia. Nigerian pilots are well trained and highly rated among their counterparts around the world.

My Uncle here in the US is a captain of a B747-400... He has proven himself to become one of the elites.

Good for your uncle, doesn't stop me from peeing in my pants once your uncle announces that a Nigerian pilot is cruising us at 30,000 feet.
I no fit risk am.
Nigerians lack humanities as such should never be trusted with life at any level, professional or not.
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by Stewee(m): 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
jpphilips:

Good for your uncle, doesn't stop me from peeing in my pants once your uncle announces that a Nigerian pilot is cruising us at 30,000 feet.
I no fit risk am.
Nigerians lack humanities as such should never be trusted with life at any level, professional or not.

Listen to yourself...

First you won't evven know his Nigerian...
Second, I don't think you like your life more than he loves his own.

...and tell that to Peter Bello, I'm sure he wouldda wanted to do many more flights.

I though you had a strong base for your. Phobia.
Re: Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing by StOla: 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2015
jpphilips:

A house negro you are.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driver Fleeing From Attack On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Rams Into Truck, Dies / I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help / Imo Nightlife Returns, Hoteliers, Night Club Owners Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.