Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Oba Of Benin Is 30 Years On The Throne - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Is 30 Years On The Throne (6436 Views)

Benin Kingdom Vs Yoruba Race: Why Oba Of Benin Is Number One, By Odia Ofeimun / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin Is 30 Years On The Throne by Baro(m): 9:06am On Mar 24, 2009
The Great Oba of the Ancient Benin Kingdom Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Erediauwa is 30 years on the throne of his ancestors, he was coronated as the 39th Oba of Benin on he 23rd of March 1979.  Benin is agog right now as this anniversary is been marked in grand style, the celebration which started since last week will climax on Sunday 29th March with a Thanksgiving service at the Holy Aruosa Cathedral.

Drop your congratulatory message for one of the Oldest Monarchies in Africa

Oba Gha to Kpere . . . . . . . . . . Ise,

Re: Oba Of Benin Is 30 Years On The Throne by Afam4eva(m): 9:21am On Mar 24, 2009
~contratulations~ the greatest dibia of our time.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is 30 Years On The Throne by Baro(m): 9:35am On Mar 24, 2009
@ Afam4eva,
Nice one bro,

Expecting more messages from Nairalanders.

Oba gha to kpere . . . . . . . . . Ise
Re: Oba Of Benin Is 30 Years On The Throne by tpia: 4:00pm On Mar 24, 2009
Re: Oba Of Benin Is 30 Years On The Throne by Pepeye(f): 5:26pm On Mar 24, 2009
Oba gha to kpere . . . . Ise
Re: Oba Of Benin Is 30 Years On The Throne by Hauwa1: 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2009
i wonder if the oba is aware that many roads in benin are bad. pls let us know his achievement in the past 30 years.
that's more important.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is 30 Years On The Throne by osisi2(f): 5:51pm On Mar 24, 2009
I hope heads won't be used to mark the ocassion.
All these traditional ritual things dey fear me
These things should be done away with if you ask me.

Having said that I have nothing against the man
Re: Oba Of Benin Is 30 Years On The Throne by Hauwa1: 5:55pm On Mar 24, 2009
i fear too o osisi. how many they have slayed in secret shocked grin

i look to the future when we will have no thronish kings etc. oba, eze, obi, etc. do they still settle discord as in the old days?
Re: Oba Of Benin Is 30 Years On The Throne by ezeagu(m): 5:56pm On Mar 24, 2009
**osisi:

I hope heads won't be used to mark the ocassion.
All these traditional ritual things dey fear me
These things should be done away with if you ask me.

Having said that I have nothing against the man

Eh, go and tell them now, you'll be the first head to mark the occasion.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is 30 Years On The Throne by Baro(m): 11:42am On Mar 26, 2009
THE Ijaw of Niger Delta have sent a congratulatory message to the Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba N’Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo Oba Erediauwa, on the occasion of his 30th anniversary of his ascension to the throne of Benin kingdom.
In a congratulatory message signed by Comrade Joseph Evah on behalf of Ijaw Monitoring Group, the Ijaw described the Benin monarch as a living legend who preserved the integrity and wonders of the ancient Benin Empire despite the temptation of politics and lust for money that has destroyed so many heritage in Africa.
“When Benin Empire placed Africa on the world map of commerce and creativity during the era of city-state, we never thought that colonial rule and military regimes would emerge to use brute force to stop the steady progress in the continent.”
The Ijaw insisted that the emergence of Oba Erediauwa in 1999 was a sign of God’s love for the Benin people because the period coincided with the time modernity and foreign culture was on rampage to swallow all identified beautiful African heritage and civilisation.
“We salute the Benin people for their love for this great king of our time. The people of Benin kingdom should join hands with their king and also encourage Adams Oshiomhole to take the case of the Benin natural artifacts stolen and hidden in many American and European museums to United Nations as well as World Court so that the wonders of black Africa are returned to the Niger Delta for tourist destination sites.
“The countries involved in the looting of Benin treasures should pay fines to the Benin people for the period they have used the artifacts. Such fines can be used to provide industries in the kingdom for the ever-increasing jobless youths.”
The Ijaw wished the monarch good health and more years of visionary leadership on the throne.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/31800/43/
Re: Oba Of Benin Is 30 Years On The Throne by tamme: 12:01am On Jul 16, 2009
was he the one that banned palm fruits grin

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Dubai Abaya Cloth And Turkish Wears For Sales / Why Aren't Women Allowed To Build Houses Or Own Property? / The Beauty Of Phat/chunky/big Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.