Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos (16394 Views)

Doctors Shut Down Hospitals In Imo State Over Police Brutality / Photos Of Best Hospitals In Anambra / Which Are The Best Hospitals In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by MrsOyibo(f): 9:14am On Mar 24, 2009
I will be travelling to Lagos over Easter and would appreciate it if you could give me some info on the best hospitals/doctors in Lagos. My 1yr old daughter will be travelling with me and she suffers from asthma, so would really like to have the name and contact number of a decent paediatrician too.

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter.
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by MrsOyibo(f): 9:54am On Mar 25, 2009
Anybody want to help?
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by MrsOyibo(f): 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2009
Come on guys!! This isn't a difficult question! And truly, any advice will be much appreciated!
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by chyk91(m): 10:20am On Mar 28, 2009
Check st. nicholas hospital nd havana dey are good
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by jerseyguy(m): 1:59pm On Mar 28, 2009
Mrs Oyibo - Is your spouse a Nigerian? I am sure he can use his family for information gathering. And if your spouse is not Nigerian, then ask your host(s).

Traffic is very, VERY, VERY bad in Lagos (& poor-to-non existent ambulatory services), so if you mention the general area you will be staying, maybe someone can help you to locate a ped near there. It is pointless sending you to a good clinic in VI/Ikoyi only to get stuck for hours in traffic - that may be the difference between life and death!

Importantly, get the contact information of your country's embassy/consular office in Lagos! And then please call them ahead, and resgister your visit with them. They will guide you to clinics that they use - the expatriate community have contracted for specialized services that maybe available to you.

And if your child's asthma is really bad, then my advice will be to reconsider where you will be staying. Stay near good clinics, and have relatives come visit there in lieu of staying too far from a good clinic.

If you are concerned about your child's health, then start by making sure they take shots for tropical climates.

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have more questions and I will be able to help. I live in the states, and planning to visit home (Nigeria) around the same time. Hope you enjoy stay in Nigeria.
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by jerseyguy(m): 2:18pm On Mar 28, 2009
[img][/img]
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by jerseyguy(m): 2:33pm On Mar 28, 2009
Mrs Oyibo - I have located list of Lagos Hospitals from Bradt's Guide to Nigeria by Lizzie Williams. Publication date is 2008 - so, all information is current.

http://www.bradt-travelguides.com/details.asp?prodid=133

You should definitely buy a copy of the book and take it with you to Nigeria.

I have used Google books to scan through the pages and extracted the hospital list for you. I did a print scan, and can only post this jpeg image of the page. But if you buy the book or use it from a local library, then information is on Page 138 (the page has contact information of embassies/consular offices in Lagos).

Hope you will be able to open my atttached image. Please post review of your trip after you get back from Nigeria. I want to read about your trip!
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by jerseyguy(m): 2:35pm On Mar 28, 2009
Here is the jpg file again! I feel retarded this morning - now I need my coffee!

Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by blacksta(m): 7:46pm On Mar 30, 2009
Make sure you also have a valid travel insurance paying attention to the small print area to identify that Nigeria is covered
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by trimandtrendy(f): 6:59am On Apr 03, 2009
I am a doctor here in Nigeria. The good hospitals i kow are St Nicholas in Lagos Island, and REdington in victoria island. Hope you daughter gets well soon
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by MrsOyibo(f): 10:55am On Apr 05, 2009
Thanks so much for the info guys. Really appreciate it.
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by dominique(f): 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2009
@ mrs oyibo. it depends on the area, location is very important, all the hospitals listed by jerseyguy are located on the island. if you happen to be on the mainland and your girl needs urgent medical attention. it wont be easy cos of the traffic jams and stuff. you can tell us the area you will be staying and i'll try and see what we can do. my heart goes out to your daughter, hope she outgrows it.
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by dragoveda: 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2009
my advice comes from experience. most private clinics have a singular problem : not knowing their limitations. there are a lot of male paediatricians around but the best kind are the experienced female paed. they kind of have a feel for doing the job right.
there is emel hospital in festac town. st. mary's children hospital at yaba and then the teaching hospitals i.e LUTH and LASUTH. THE PAED. AT LAGOON APAPA CAN OFFER MANAGED CARE FOR A KNOWN AILMENT NOT DIAGNOSTIC. THOUGH EQUIPMENTS ARE STATE OF THE ART AND UPBEAT TOO. AND THE EMERGENCY ROOM IS THE BOMB. ANY PROBLEMS AND YOU WONT REGRET IT. for diagnostic care the teaching hospitals can do right by you.
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by DrKitaun(m): 10:05pm On Apr 11, 2009
former GENERAL HOSPITAL,IKEJA is the best in the land, forget hype

now known as LASUTH cheesy
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by moi2(f): 11:39am On Apr 16, 2009
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by spikedcylinder: 11:54am On Apr 16, 2009
Dermatologist?
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by surgeon(m): 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2010
Hmm,
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by sammyzboi: 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2011
please can someone recommend a good hospital in Port Harcourt.

UPTH and BMH are too crowded. Any good private practitioners will do just fine. My mum is having prolonged fever. i need help urgently please.

Also i would like to know good diagnostic centers for colon scan prefarably in Port or surrounding locations.

Thank you
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by maryswags: 7:53am On Jun 22, 2012
Please can anyone refer me to a hospital with good ob and gynaecology doctor and services (preferrably on the island)..tnx
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by SLEEKCHIC2(f): 9:11am On Feb 16, 2015
I wouldn't recommend St Nicholas for anything. They are living on past glory. For Ob/Gyn, I would recommend Reddington on the Island or Parklande Surulere on the mainland. Dr Orebanjo is still the best Ob/Gyn this country has to offer.
Re: Good Doctors/hospitals In Lagos by vinotinto5: 10:06am On Apr 25, 2017
Have you come across the BEST HEALTH SITE in Nigeria? https://naturesgist.com/ . They are certainly the best to me. I came across it via Google and I got the information I needed. I used that opportunity to go through some of their articles, and I saw that they are all unique, comprehensive and amazing. These are kinds of sites I love. If the owners are reading this now, Please I will say GOOD STUFF!!!!! You guys make us proud...

(1) (Reply)

Men: Experts Say You’re Overweight If You Can’t See Your Joystick / Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever / Does Lipton Tea Helps To Lose Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.