Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food (16504 Views)

What Exactly Is The Microwave Doing To Your Food? / Ten Poisons That Are Found In Your Food,check How You Kill Yourselves Unknownly! / Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by crestime(m): 9:20am On Dec 09, 2014
Cooking may be of different types and forms, and while you may have your own preferences, there are some methods of cooking that may be more dangerous than you've considered before. If you want to know whether your cooking method is healthy or not, you may have to consider some very specific details such as the exposure of your food to certain toxic materials and the health implication of the utensils, equipment and ingredients used.

Today, we'll be discussing 3 specific cooking methods and the harmful effects they can have on you. If you want to cook safer, you may have to desist or modify such cooking practices. Check them below.

1. Deep frying.

Deep frying is typically associated with using and reusing of cooking fats and oils. The danger here may not be immediately related with the oils but in the using, storing and reheating practice. In deep frying, you use a lot of oil, which is not usually disposed off, but stores to be reused. This reheating of the oil can form the toxin HNE which studies have found to increase the risks of cardiovascular diseases, stroke, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, Huntington's disease, various liver disorders, and cancer.

If you want to avoid all these, then you either stop deep frying, bake your food, or use disposable oils for your deep frying.

2. Microwaving in plastic.

This is a very dangerous kitchen practice. Heating or cooking foods contained or wrapped in plastic or nylons in the microwave can dissolve some plastic molecules into your food. If you want to avoid this unhealthy practice, try using only glass or ceramic and cover your food with waxed paper. This will ensure that your food are always cooked clean each time.

3. Grilling with charcoal.

This is another unhealthy kitchen practice that many of us neglect all the time. By grilling your chicken or meat with charcoal, you expose your food to hazardous carcinogenic smoke. You may not want to mind this, but the health risks involved are potentially distructive. If you want to avoid the dangers that comes with grilling over charcoal, try to use gas or electricity as your source of heat. There are many gas and electrical grills out there. You just have to pick one instead of a charcoal grill.

Staying healthy starts with your foods and the methods used to cook them. If you can inculcate a safe cooking habit, and try to cook as healthily as possible each time, you'll be able to stay healthy without making any other effort.

Source:http://www.afrimedi.com/2014/12/3-most-dangerous-ways-to-prepare-your.html

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by ammyluv2002(f): 9:22am On Dec 09, 2014
OMG! I'm so guilty of no 2 embarassed

Thanks dear...you just saved a life kiss cool

3 Likes

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by Diffdeef(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2014
Don't know what to comment.
Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by Funjosh(m): 10:10am On Dec 09, 2014
Thank God I dont eat ijekuje grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by paix(m): 10:39am On Dec 09, 2014
crestime:
Cooking may be of different types and forms, and while you may have your own preferences, there are some methods of cooking that may be more dangerous than you've considered before. If you want to know whether your cooking method is healthy or not, you may have to consider some very specific details such as the exposure of your food to certain toxic materials and the health implication of the utensils, equipments and ingredients used.

Today, we'll be discussing 3 specific cooking methods and the harmful effects they can have on you. If you want to cook safer, you may have to desist or modify such cooking practices. Check them below.

3. Grilling with charcoal.

This is another unhealthy kitchen practice that many of us neglect all the time. By grilling your chicken or meat with charcoal, you expose your food to hazardous carcinogenic smoke. You may not want to mind this, but the health risks involved are potentially distructive. If you want to avoid the dangers that comes with grilling over charcoal, try to use gas or electricity as your source of heat. There are many gas and electrical grills out there. You just have to pick one instead of a charcoal grill.

http://www.afrimedi.com/2014/12/3-most-dangerous-ways-to-prepare-your.html
That means, bye bye to Suya and smoked fish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by Ishilove: 11:49am On Dec 09, 2014
So how do we now preserve food??

2 Likes

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by obaayo2: 11:50am On Dec 09, 2014
everything seems to be dangerous nowadays..don't eat this way,don't play that way,dont sleep this way,now its a way not to prepare food..if cooking by charcoal is gonna kill us,den I think most of us,especially those who kind of enjoy roasted food,meat(suya) or roasted corn and plantain should have had a chronic illness,but thank God we don't...

Nice thread Op thanks for letting us know..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by JerryJJZ(m): 11:51am On Dec 09, 2014
Woz the essence of repeating this trend in the FP?

1 Like

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by davdandam(m): 11:51am On Dec 09, 2014
angry confused generation, I beg to disagree with the last one. .....op you have failed, I won't stop eating boli and epa

3 Likes

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by Francon(f): 11:51am On Dec 09, 2014
A hungry man won't think about such

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by Shakurpaul2: 11:51am On Dec 09, 2014
I will try to imbibe these corrections. Thanks for sharing.
Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by holatin(m): 11:52am On Dec 09, 2014
ok
Not complete without
Cooking in darkness.
I did that and I pour kerosene inside rice instead of groungnut oil.
it was so cruxiginsting dembelast

3 Likes

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by Fresia01(f): 11:52am On Dec 09, 2014
i dnt do those shit.. frying take out the nutritional value of whatever u are frying.. i am a good cook

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by wisefizz(m): 11:53am On Dec 09, 2014
uh................... story for the chefs

1 Like

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by kevoh(m): 11:53am On Dec 09, 2014
Number 3 shocked There goes my suya and other related meals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by drunkposter: 11:53am On Dec 09, 2014
I boil my food with palmy in a kettle.
But when I want to live large, I cook with foreign wine. cool
Hope it is not dangerous? embarassed

1 Like

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 09, 2014
hmm
Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by kendrick9(m): 11:54am On Dec 09, 2014
okay. we have heard
Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by zoeee(f): 11:55am On Dec 09, 2014
So no more suya sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 09, 2014
Story 4 d gods grin
Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by freezyprinzy(m): 11:56am On Dec 09, 2014
so no suya,smoked fish,bush meat 2 hell wit electric cooker#original village man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by funshyboi(m): 11:56am On Dec 09, 2014
How ill I now be cooking now, cos I fall victim of all

1 Like

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by stnwani(m): 11:57am On Dec 09, 2014
Over hear in Russia we neither smoke or grill our food with charcoal!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by youngwarlocks: 11:57am On Dec 09, 2014
ok
Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by Oluwadhemmy: 11:57am On Dec 09, 2014
I practice d no 2 mostly ...#chai see mee
Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by boss1310(m): 11:57am On Dec 09, 2014
thats a very good and useful info you just posted.but sometimes i wonder how we go dey avoid these things completely.i was told to wash my hands b4 and after typing this on my phone.hiaakwa
Re: 3 Most Dangerous Ways To Prepare Your Food by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 09, 2014
If we all go by the Charcoal grilling, we would all be dead.

Cause dried fish, Smoked fish, Corn, Suya, Bole and Bush meat are all grilled on the Charcoal.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: Enugu State Government Acquires 2 Ambulances And 1 Incident Vehicle / Goko Cleanser, A Cure For Diseases. / Lagos Government Confiscates “Ebola Ponmo”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.