Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi (37688 Views)

The Final Moments Before A Plane Crashed In South Africa (Graphic Video) / At Least 3 Burnt To Death In Benue After 2 Tankers Crashed In Ukum Lga(graphic) / Wreckage Of A Plane That Crashed In Canada And Everyone Survived (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by jornie(m): 11:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
G

2 Likes

Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by Phrank10001(m): 11:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
#its well.
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 14, 2015
For people always blaming and making baseless allegations, you guys need to relax. Helicopters are more likely to crash from tail rotor failures which more than often are not predictable despite the best of maintenance. Even the US army helicopters that are more rugged and undergo more vigorous maintenance also suffer sudden tail rotor failures. When the US carried out the raid to kill Osama, one of the modified black hawks developed a sudden tail rotor failure and it crashed in the compound almost derailing the operation. Luckily, no lives were lost. I pray for the poor souls lost as well as their families. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by vislabraye(m): 12:37am On Aug 14, 2015
CHESSBOARD:
This is one of the disadvantages of Flying away from your Operational zone, why fly to Lagos when you can have a short fly to Ondo,....why must it be Lagos..... when I was in offshore, PPl do fly 2 hours to Lagos instead of 45 mins to Portharcourt. Most of these Choppers are refurbished, painted and sent down to the Zoo, Thank God for those Journey mercies back then

Well, Ondo isn't too far. But what I really don't understand is why fly from an offshore oil rig in Bayelsa to Lagos? How good are those choppers ? I wish this crash is probed.

I thank God for those that were rescued. Just imagine if this happened deep offshore. Even their survival technics won't be enough.

1 Like

Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by tpiah2: 12:56am On Aug 14, 2015
People have pointed out the pictures with the float are not those of the helicopter involved, op why are the photos still included in your write up?
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by ColeworldMD(m): 1:45am On Aug 14, 2015
CHESSBOARD:
This is one of the disadvantages of Flying away from your Operational zone, why fly to Lagos when you can have a short fly to Ondo,....why must it be Lagos..... when I was in offshore, PPl do fly 2 hours to Lagos instead of 45 mins to Portharcourt. Most of these Choppers are refurbished, painted and sent down to the Zoo, Thank God for those Journey mercies back then

It doesnt work like dat bro. The pilot( a whiteman) has been working with since 06 and co pilot new graduate from their academy- good professionals. Notice that 9 survived. The point im tryin to make is , you won't die unless the Lord says ur time is up. Brace urself and have no fear.
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by baby124: 3:58am On Aug 14, 2015
How come they all didn't have life jackets on. 12 people in a helicopter seems like a lot. Abi these helicopter companies are also acting like molue like our airplanes. If they had their life jackets on, they would all have survived even if they nose dived. Or at least start jumping one after the other in the water with their life jacket on as the plane is going down. There is no way they didn't know that the plane was going to crash. Several people saw it flying low with very loud noise. O boi, I would have opened the door and jumped as soon as I can see the water is close enough to jump into. This is why everyone should know how to swim. It is a life and death skill

2 Likes

Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by Saao(m): 5:11am On Aug 14, 2015
amadice:
oil companies are in the south south and there operational offices are in Lagos...these stupidity is legendary..
did u read the text? Is Ondo state in the south south? Focus on the issue and empathize with the victim instead of the contrary
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by teamchocolate: 6:47am On Aug 14, 2015
Abi o,on an equally dangerous lagos-ibadan that is no longer a dual carriage way..
gantic:

God bless you...was wondering at the comment, so they should have flown to Ondo, then travel over road for 6 hours to Lagos.
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by HEIR: 7:14am On Aug 14, 2015
See my comments below,
(
baby124:
How come they all didn't have life jackets on(its mandatory dat all persengers wear a lift jacket & properly too, else wont be allowed to board[/color]). 12 people in a helicopter seems like a lot. Abi these helicopter companies are also acting like molue like our airplanes(12 is very normal with sikorsky, puma carries as much as 24pers). If they had their life jackets on, they would all have survived even if they nose dived(they all did, but life jacket wont save you inside d heli). Or at least start jumping one after the other in the water with their life jacket on as the plane is going down. There is no way they didn't know that the plane was going to crash(jump out? lol). Several people saw it flying low with very loud noise. O boi, I would have opened the door and jumped as soon as I can see the water is close enough to jump into. This is why everyone should know how to swim. It is a life and death skill

1 Like

Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by Stewee(m): 7:19am On Aug 14, 2015
CLeAtHead:
HIT LIKE IF YOU WANT BUHARI TO INCLUDE ARIK AIRLINES ALONG WITH BRISTOW WHEN PROBES BEGIN.
CRAZY MOFOS. undecided

Sadly this is not about Arik or Bristow or whatever...
The aviation sector needs a total overhaul. The industry is too delicate for stakeholders not to be held accountable.

They can probe all the airlines all they want...fact is, the sector needs the much needed change.
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by Stewee(m): 7:42am On Aug 14, 2015
baby124:
How come they all didn't have life jackets on. 12 people in a helicopter seems like a lot. Abi these helicopter companies are also acting like molue like our airplanes. If they had their life jackets on, they would all have survived even if they nose dived. Or at least start jumping one after the other in the water with their life jacket on as the plane is going down. There is no way they didn't know that the plane was going to crash. Several people saw it flying low with very loud noise. O boi, I would have opened the door and jumped as soon as I can see the water is close enough to jump into. This is why everyone should know how to swim. It is a life and death skill

You've watched way too much Jackie Chan movies...Na so e easy to jump?

When things like that happen, there's usually no time to "line up and begin to jump".

1 Like

Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 14, 2015
ColeworldMD:

It doesnt work like dat bro. The pilot( a whiteman) has been working with since 06 and co pilot new graduate from their academy- good professionals. Notice that 9 survived. The point im tryin to make is , you won't die unless the Lord says ur time is up. Brace urself and have no fear.

Not 9, its 8....I flew Bristow chopper for almost 3 yrs to deep offshore, sometime they will land on our platform and become bad to fly back...what am saying is that distance has a role to play, once the engine starts getting over heated its a problem, even super pummers its not spare even as they have two big engines
I know God will save his people when he wants but we have to first eliminate human errors.
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 14, 2015
amadice:
oil companies are in the south south and there operational offices are in Lagos...these stupidity is legendary..

This is one of the Big reason Yorubas want one Nigeria, and will do everything to discourage the so called South south not to do any thing with the so called South East even when Calabar and akwa Ibom are more eastern than Abia and Imo from Nigerian geographical map. What they have been using is political map to hoodwink the gullible SS
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by matrixme(m): 8:34am On Aug 14, 2015
The lucky survivors have the brave people of Makoko to thank. The previous administration thought it wise to demolish their floating structures sometimes back because they were "polluting the lagoon". They should add saving lives to their records
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by ColeworldMD(m): 8:41am On Aug 14, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

Not 9, its 8....I flew Bristow chopper for almost 3 yrs to deep offshore, sometime they will land on our platform and become bad to fly back...what am saying is that distance has a role to play, once the engine starts getting over heated its a problem, even super pummers its not spare even as they have two big engines
I know God will save his people when he wants but we have to first eliminate human errors.

You have option to opt out of using their choppers right? Which ones do dangote use?
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by deebsman1(m): 9:23am On Aug 14, 2015
u people are just hating for no reason, did u people have any idea about operations and administration? Why did u think many of those companies are opening admin offices in abuja too?? Its purely administration/operation thingy..........tell ur leaders and govt pipu to stop chopping your monies 100% and start developing the region to make it attractive. The hausa's have by crook or other means use style to develop abuja and they can be proud of the place, forget the center of unity jargon, its hausa land.
Blizzy9ja:
my friend shut up there, how can we prefer Lagos to our land of milk and honey? It is just ur politics of tribalism dat made d yorubas dat headed d oil industry 2 move their operational bases and head offices 2 Lagos thereby robbing the region of the revenue dat it is supposed 2 receive 4rm it. Now they are planning 2 build a dry dock for NLNG in badagry, where on earth does dat happen?
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by Alichigozie: 9:36am On Aug 14, 2015
beebee24:
embarassed i made front page, ibukun shey u see me

Lol na middle page u made cry cry cry
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by westgermany: 11:28am On Aug 14, 2015
subnormal:

Bro it takes only 40 mins to get to lagos from their offshore base, I dont know how close it has tobe before you deem it safe.
lol,Busted....
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by subnormal: 11:34am On Aug 14, 2015
kelvine:
Helicopter will do far longer than 40 mins to fly from offshore around Ondo to Lagos.
The usual practice by most of the offshore installations in that environs is to do a 30 mins flight to Osubi airport in Warri/Aero airport or 1 hour flight to NAF Base in Port Harcourt. Bristow does not have an heliport in Ondo State(Onshore).
This case is just a sad one because I know Bristow has about the safest standards amongst other helicopter companies.

Bro, the flight time i quoted was for that particular installation. I know cos I work there. I just lost 4 friends /colleagues and it has nothing to do with the flight time
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by starlingbawa(m): 11:40am On Aug 14, 2015
I do this on a regular basis and to say I'm scared stiff right now is an understatement. Since the crash I ve been worried, because it could have been me but thank God for his mercies!

I fly in these choppers, a minimum of 2 times on a monthly rotation! I was billed to fly out to my location again yesterday but thank GOD the flight has been cancelled till Sunday. At least, I can rest easy for now.

God help us in this industry and a thankful heart for those that survived!

RIP to the dead...

1 Like

Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by amadice(m): 12:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
Saao:
did u read the text? Is Ondo state in the south south? Focus on the issue and empathize with the victim instead of the contrary
...he goat if I had used Niger delta u will still complain...quote me and say ondo is not a Niger delta state..

moreover if its ondo and not south South why can't the said company build there operational office in ondo
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by Saao(m): 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
amadice:
...he goat if I had used Niger delta u will still complain...quote me and say ondo is not a Niger delta state..

moreover if its ondo and not south South why can't the said company build there operational office in ondo
He goat? i'm not surprise. may God forgive you. thank you sir
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by kelvine(m): 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
Sorry bro, it is well.

subnormal:

Bro, the flight time i quoted was for that particular installation. I know cos I work there. I just lost 4 friends /colleagues and it has nothing to do with the flight time

1 Like

Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by cherry007(f): 8:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
May your gentle soul rest in peace. Amen
Re: Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi by Theresa400: 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hi, pls can someone tell me the helicopter flight time from Lagos to warri and Lagos to PH. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Animals Unwrap Christmas Gifts At South African Zoo (Pics) / Bolt Driver Adds Plantain Chips, Groundnut To His Hustle (Video) / Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.