Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

The Stroke Survivor's Companion And A Simple Guide To Caregivers - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Stroke Survivor's Companion And A Simple Guide To Caregivers (565 Views)

Meet Jasmine, The Cancer Survivor (Photos) / How To Recognize A Stroke And What To Do To Prevent It. / How To Save A Person From The Stroke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Stroke Survivor's Companion And A Simple Guide To Caregivers by igbakigba2t15: 2:46am On Aug 14, 2015
I had partial stroke some months ago, precisely on 15th Mar 2015. It was terrible.....something I couldn't even wish my worst enemies. I could not walk nor swallow nor see properly for months, amongst other disabilities. But THANKS TO GOD ALMIGHTY...TODAY I AM ALMOST 95% recovered. Since this incident, I have been forced to research into this rampaging illness to discover that there is a very serious dearth of information on this ailment fueled by some ugly myths. And Government at all levels seem unconcerned or helpless. For example: Is Stroke a Spiritual Illness or Medical Illness? Can Stroke be sent or invoked on someone? These and so many unanswered questions continue to empower QUACKS who proffer solutions medical or otherwise to unsuspecting victims, exploiting their ignorance while smiling to the banks. I had to come up with the book "The Stroke Survivor's Companion and A simple Guide to Caregivers" based on my experience and to fill the vacuum while creating awareness to our people. Unfortunately, stroke knows NO AGE, SEX, COLOUR, BOUNDARIES, ETC. but the only factor is the level of awareness in the victims' healthcare delivery in their home Country. In the civilised world, stroke symptoms call for strict emergencies! STROKE HAS KILLED MORE PEOPLE HERE THAN BOKO HARAM....can you believe this? Just count the survivors in your village and multiply the number by ten to get the approximate number of those who have died from this evil called stroke. Over here, your guess is as good as mine but the beauty of this terrible illness is in SELF-HEALING through Spiritual and Medical (both Orthodox and Non-orthodox) approaches....because the bottom line is PERSONAL SURVIVAL OF THIS SECOND CHANCE; FOR MANY OTHERS WERE NOT AS LUCKY AT THE FIRST ATTACK. So I shall be posting extracts from the book in this forum while expecting viewers including survivors and caregivers to share their experiences also. You never can tell whose life you are saving with that "little advice". So my fellow survivors, the first rule of this journey is to resolute and HANG IN THERE...for you are not alone and your God has a reason if not many reasons for keeping you alive. So keep tuned to this forum and HAPPY SURVIVAL as we journey through our RECOVERY! CHEERS! smiley smiley smiley[color=#990000][/color]
Re: The Stroke Survivor's Companion And A Simple Guide To Caregivers by igbakigba2t15: 2:58am On Aug 14, 2015
FOOD FOR THOUGHT!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
STROKE, A CEREBROVASCULAR "ACCIDENT" for Failing to Honor One's Body-Mind!
Stroke should be renamed to "strike" for strokes are invariably caused by the body-mind going on strike against the individual's lifestyle. To those around the individual, strokes are seldom a surprise because they can usually point to the ways in which the person has failed to honor themselves.
Stroke "victims" generally have not consistently honored their bodies by giving them the proper food, drink, exercise, sleep, and other things "which everyone knows" they should do. They do not honor their minds by consistently getting the "time off" they need to play, "re-charge", and "re-create" themselves.
It is "no accident" that since stroke "victims" do not honor their bodies or minds as the temples of spirit they are, the temples collapse around them. Unfortunately, it is only when the temple of the body and mind are permanently damaged by stroke that they learn this lesson - in this life if they are lucky, in the next if they are not. This is a simple fact of Life. See “Section 2 –Stroke demystified” of the book: "The Stroke Survivor's Companion and A Simple Guide to CareGivers" for more details.

(1) (Reply)

3.4m Nigerians Living With HIV-AIDS / Ifedayo, 8, In Danger Needs N3.7m To Live / 5 Strange But True, Useful Health Tips!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.