Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive (17422 Views)

How To Know If Your Computer Is Malware & Virus Infected / How To See Hidden Files In Your System / How To Recover Hidden Files From USB Flash And Memory Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive by Scholarshiphub: 6:42am On Aug 14, 2015
I just recovered my hidden files from my virus infected USB pendrive and I'm going to share with you how you too can recover hidden files on your virus infected USB pendrive with a painless task.

When you USB pendrive files are infected by virus, it is likely to stop showing on your USB drive, change your real file name to shortcut and things like that.

So, if you have issues in recovering files on your USB pendrive that has been infected by virus, then this is a better way to recover such files.

Gone are the days when people use to copy files using CD/DVD because it takes time to burn them to your CD/DVD drive that sincerely amount to using USB such as pendrive, external disc and etcetera.

So, if your favorite USB drive has been infected by unknown virus source that hides and turn your files to shortcut, here is a quickest way to rectify it and recover your infected file.

How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive.

The procedure below depict the detailed process of recovering a hidden files from virus infected USB drive using the command prompt on your PC.

1. Plug the virus infected USB drive to your PC

2. Launch your PC command prompt (Start-->Run-->type "CMD"-->Enter button).

3. Go to my computer and find the name of the drive e.g I, G, F.... And here the letter/name of my USB drive is G:

4. Type the following accordingly with space between each of the letter or command as you may want to call it and click enter.
attrib-s-h/s/d*.*

The wait for a while which is proportional depending t the number of files that have been infected by virus on your USB drive.

Then head straight to your folder and you will find all files that have been hidden by virus on the flash.

This is just the simplest method you can use to recover an infected files on your USB drive.
http://www.thegeekiepedia.com/how-to-recover-hidden-files-from-virus-infected-usb-drive/

Re: How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive by abangaLEE(f): 6:47am On Aug 14, 2015
wow!! like seriously

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive by sentix(m): 6:52am On Aug 14, 2015
Very good instruction but this wont unhide folders with space in their names
Re: How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive by DjAndroid: 6:54am On Aug 14, 2015
A faster way,

plug in the infested flash drive,

go to my computer,

open the flash drive,

hold down the shift key,

right click and select "open command window here" .
Now the command window will open

then copy and paste the command the op stated above, wait for some time your files will appear.

More : before you do the above, make sure you have scanned the flash drive before opening it. To avoid infesting your PC.

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive by Scholarshiphub: 7:19am On Aug 14, 2015
sentix:
Very good instruction but this wont unhide folders with space in their names

If you don't put space it won't work, you will encounter ertor
Re: How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive by Scholarshiphub: 7:21am On Aug 14, 2015
DjAndroid:
A faster way, plug in the infested flash drive, go to my computer, open the flash drive, hold down the shift key, right click and select "open command window here" . Now the command window will open then copy and paste the command the op stated above, wait for some time your files will appear.

More : before you do the above, make sure you have scanned the flash drive before opening it. To avoid infesting your PC.
At least, all PC users should have a valid and updated antivirus, nice contribution
Re: How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive by PraiseDLord: 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
Scholarshiphub:
I just recovered my hidden files from my virus infected USB pendrive and I'm going to share with you how you too can recover hidden files on your virus infected USB pendrive with a painless task.

When you USB pendrive files are infected by virus, it is likely to stop showing on your USB drive, change your real file name to shortcut and things like that.

So, if you have issues in recovering files on your USB pendrive that has been infected by virus, then this is a better way to recover such files.

Gone are the days when people use to copy files using CD/DVD because it takes time to burn them to your CD/DVD drive that sincerely amount to using USB such as pendrive, external disc and etcetera.

So, if your favorite USB drive has been infected by unknown virus source that hides and turn your files to shortcut, here is a quickest way to rectify it and recover your infected file.

How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive.

The procedure below depict the detailed process of recovering a hidden files from virus infected USB drive using the command prompt on your PC.

1. Plug the virus infected USB drive to your PC

2. Launch your PC command prompt (Start-->Run-->type "CMD"-->Enter button).

3. Go to my computer and find the name of the drive e.g I, G, F.... And here the letter/name of my USB drive is G:

4. Type the following accordingly with space between each of the letter or command as you may want to call it and click enter.
attrib-s-h/s/d*.*

The wait for a while which is proportional depending t the number of files that have been infected by virus on your USB drive.

Then head straight to your folder and you will find all files that have been hidden by virus on the flash.

This is just the simplest method you can use to recover an infected files on your USB drive.
http://www.thegeekiepedia.com/how-to-recover-hidden-files-from-virus-infected-usb-drive/

wow!!!!
God bless you for this revelation. I would have formatted my USB drive but your sagacious advice/instruction save me that stress.
thanks alot!.

(1) (Reply)

How To Set Computer Parental Control In PC For Your Child / Grade 1 American Neatly Used Laptop For Urgent Sale / HP Pavilion DM4 (500gb/4gb, Corei5) UPDATED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.