Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:15 AM

Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting (4524 Views)

Nigerian Fathers Do Not Hug Their Sons / Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? / How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by iReport: 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2009
Why do most Nigerian fathers resident in Nigeria shy away from baby sitting their children and changing their diapers?. Is it written anywhere in the bible of koran that the woman alone should do that job?
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by JustGood(m): 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2009
iReport:

Why do most Nigerian fathers resident in Nigeria shy away from baby sitting their children and changing their diapers?. Is it written anywhere in the bible of koran that the woman alone should do that job?

Bible of koran ke?

seriously, its a cultural thing and sometimes, laziness. I have friends in Nigeria who help out with such when they are home. I didn't like doing it because I was lazy and felt clumsy at it but I helped out with other things tongue
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by iReport: 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2009
I didn't like doing it because I was lazy and felt clumsy at it but I helped out with other things

Do you wake up at the middle of the night to cater for your crying baby or do you expect your wife to do it always?
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by JustGood(m): 4:45pm On Mar 24, 2009
you want investigate me? Can one sleep when a child is crying?
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by iReport: 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2009
you want investigate me? Can one sleep when a child is crying?
Yes, a lazy father especially when the house is big enough in that the distance from the childs crib to the fathers bedroom is almost a mile.
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by MrCrackles(m): 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2009
I enjoy babysitting! grin
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by iReport: 5:06pm On Mar 24, 2009
I enjoy babysitting!
Big lie. You no be naija man again?
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by Hauwa1: 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2009
i do hear rumor of nigerian women complaing their oga don't want to help out with babies, babysitting, diapers, bath etc.
May God help the oga in my life who won't help with our babies. na one trouser we go wear grin
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by Fhemmmy: 5:56pm On Mar 24, 2009
That is cos the Mother of the kids let them and cos they are yet to truely know the meaning of fatherhood.
I will surely spend, baby sit and change my babies oh, cos will bond us more
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by osisi2(f): 6:05pm On Mar 24, 2009
*Hauwa*:

i do hear rumor of nigerian women complaing their oga don't want to help out with babies, babysitting, diapers, bath etc.
May God help the oga in my life who won't help with our babies. na one trouser we go wear grin

Hauwa some men don't mind babysitting at all.
Mine did babysit,made baby bottles and did midnight feeds with ease.
He also bathed the babies.
That's why I don't mind the fact that he doesn't help with cooking and other housework
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by Fhemmmy: 6:25pm On Mar 24, 2009
**osisi:

That's why I don't mind the fact that he doesn't help with cooking and other housework

You are blessed and make sure you appreciate him always.
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by DeReloaded: 6:28pm On Mar 24, 2009
osisi do you still use those memories now that you kids are now nearly teenagers? tongue
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by osisi2(f): 6:35pm On Mar 24, 2009
DeReloaded:

osisi do you still use those memories now that you kids are now nearly teenagers? tongue

My sister what will I do? grin
will I kill myself? grin
He bathed the kids till they learnt how to bathe themselves.That's a lot of help,I tell ya
He also used to take all our laundry to the laundromat when we lived in an apartment
but the man will not do dishes.
Even if all the dishes are out in the sink,he'll wash one and use that one grin
He used to vaccum when the kids were younger too but not anymore.
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by osisi2(f): 6:36pm On Mar 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

You are blessed and make sure you appreciate him always.

I do appreciate him but I also have times I feel like strangling him grin
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by Delllaptop: 6:37pm On Mar 24, 2009
Osisi a ga m agwa di gi ihe ikwuru. undecided
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by osisi2(f): 6:42pm On Mar 24, 2009
Delllaptop:

Osisi a ga m agwa di gi ihe ikwuru. undecided

them don ban you again?
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by Delllaptop: 6:43pm On Mar 24, 2009
who ban me?
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by biina: 6:46pm On Mar 24, 2009
@OP
Indulgence
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by Fhemmmy: 6:46pm On Mar 24, 2009
**osisi:

I do appreciate him but I also have times I feel like strangling him grin

That is only normal and human.
Someone said, being married means having someone to annoy for the rest of your life.
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by iReport: 7:35pm On Mar 24, 2009
I do appreciate him but I also have times I feel like strangling him
A lot of women in America pray and fast everyday for a man like that yet they end up with the likes of Pataki or Sauron that cannot even dress the very bed they slept on.
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by iReport: 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2009
That's why I put Nigerian men resident in Nigeria. You may be surprised that your husband will not do anything of such if you were living in Abuja or Port Harcourt for fear they might brand him a woman wrapper.
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by biina: 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2009
Have a friend that is the first of seven boys. He would qualify as a professional babysitter. He did everything, including carrying the baby on his back while doing his other house chores.
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by Treetop20(m): 9:07pm On Mar 24, 2009
i plan to babysit my kids
who says it is a womans job only?
also i want my kids to say "dada" first
cheesy
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 24, 2009
@topic
I wonder why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They expect the woman to take the kids with her anywhere she's going. Not bothering to consider babysitting their own kids.

Some Naija men are just pure lazy it's not even funny.

Babysitting your kids has nothing to do with your muscularity.

It actually brings the babies/kids and father more closer together.

Some naija men need to stop acting like cavemen. Seriously tongue
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 24, 2009
Most don't think it's something a man should do. And they wonder why their kids like mum better but see them as scarecrows.
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by Sissy3(f): 4:23am On Mar 25, 2009
men staying at home and babysitting cheesy undecided

their friends would first of all, laugh the living hell out of them cheesy

some men are just too egoistic to stay home and change their baby's diaper, feed them etc while they have a wife undecided
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by Nobody: 4:30am On Mar 25, 2009
~Sissy~:

men staying at home and babysitting cheesy undecided

their friends would first of all, laugh the living hell out of them cheesy

some men are just too egoistic to stay home and change their baby's diaper, feed them etc while they have a wife undecided

Not stay at home as house husband.

But stay at home once in a while to babysit instead ofthe kid going to daycare all the time.

Like once outta every 6 months. too much to ask? shocked shocked
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 25, 2009
i dey dodge baby chores. . .

i wash the little rascal occasionally, but thats about it. . .

its the other stuff i do. . .
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by iReport: 9:10am On Mar 25, 2009

i dey dodge baby chores. . .

i wash the little rascal occasionally, but thats about it. . .

its the other stuff i do. . .
A very lazy husband and father indeed. Just like I thought, I pity your wife. I wish she kicks you out of the house one of these days for not helping out in house work. angry angry angry
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 25, 2009
slow thinker. . .

i said i dodge baby chores, not house work. . .

are you looking to get another ass kicking - i know u are a masochist trick who gets off on that grin

keep looking for the perfect man. . .
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by iReport: 4:00pm On Mar 25, 2009

slow thinker. . .

i said i dodge baby chores, not house work. . .

are you looking to get another ass kicking - i know u are a masochist trick who gets off on that 

keep looking for the perfect man. . .
I repeat, you are lucky because if it were me I would've kicked you out on the streeets long ago. When you sleep outside under the bridge for one full week, you will learn to be obedient and dutiful at home. Jeez.  angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Nigerian Fathers Stay Off Babysitting by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 25, 2009
who dash you husband ? grin grin grin grin grin

you never get anything pass drunken one night stand, and you dey misyarn about husband? abi thre's a scarcity of correct women, so that people have to settle for omega best grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Run Away Wife / Do You Let Your Wife Know How Much You Earn Or Income? / 10 Stylish Ways To Decorate Your Home With Furniture In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.