Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? (1266 Views)

10 Obnoxious Ways Nigerian Fathers Act When Guys Visit Their Daughters / Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. / Are Nigerian Women Truely The Most Unfaithful? Vanguard Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by Opioko: 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
So yesterday, I was alone with my dad at home, around 10 am, I was still in bed... The man walked all the way past the kitchen to my room woke me up from my beautiful sleep just to ask me to go get his food.... Which got me wondering... Why couldn't he just branch to the kitchen and grab his food?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by leshluap(m): 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
u sure say na the man born u?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by Abdulleeh: 2:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
Lol. Typical of Nigerian dads. I don't expect you to go back to bed because I am sure he's gonna come wake you up to take the dishes to the kitchen.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by breathless(m): 2:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
OP, you've answered the question to your post.

1. They are Nigerian.

2. They are fathers

3. They are Egoistic

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by Opioko: 3:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
leshluap:
undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by Opioko: 3:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
Abdulleeh:
Lol. Typical of Nigerian dads. I don't expect you to go back to bed because I am sure he's gonna come wake you up to take the dishes to the kitchen.
Exactly grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by Opioko: 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
breathless:
OP, you've answered the question to your post.

1. They are Nigerian.

2. They are fathers

3. They are Egoistic
Those are not the answers I wanted to see sad
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by Opioko: 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
Pls, I need answers to this oh grin

Cc Seun, obinoscopy, lalasticlala
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 16, 2015
Opioko:
So yesterday, I was alone with my dad at home, around 10 am, I was still in bed... The man walked all the way past the kitchen to my room woke me up from my beautiful sleep just to ask me to go get his food.... Which got me wondering... Why couldn't he just branch to the kitchen and grab his food?
U bring your DIRTY LINENS to wash outside...

Next may be your FATHER'S UNDIES..

U are finished..

May your KIDS, wash all your dirty Linens like u did
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by Opioko: 4:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
kayciano:

U are finished..

Jeez! This guy is seriously high on something...

Are you really this stvpid?

What's the much biggie in what I've posted if I may ask? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by helen4(f): 8:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
Fathers and husbands are the heads of the home and they believe in being respected and honoured. They are kings in there homes, therefore people in that household need to forever respect them. They are not egoistic, it's the nature of commanding respect that is in them and get it they must. Some believe it belittle them to enter the kitchen while some believe it's disrespectful to their wives. Op, if u marry the previous generation husband in this new generation, u might do more. I have a friend that his wife dears not eat while he's eating, the wife sits till he finishes his food, gives him water anytime the needs arise, kneels to give him water to wash his hands after eating and even say thank u for eating. Anytime he's eating and the wife is in the kitchen, he will call her to come and give him water that is on the table where he's eating and the wife even eats in the kitchen and she doesn't complain. If it were u, wat will u do?I bet u dad is not as my him. Men are mathematics, once u're able to figure them out, u win.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by Notyourb1tch(f): 9:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
helen4:
Fathers and husbands are the heads of the home and they believe in being respected and honoured. They are kings in there homes, therefore people in that household need to forever respect them. They are not egoistic, it's the nature of commanding respect that is in them and get it they must. Some believe it belittle them to enter the kitchen while some believe it's disrespectful to their wives. Op, if u marry the previous generation husband in this new generation, u might do more. I have a friend that his wife dears not eat while he's eating, the wife sits till he finishes his food, gives him water anytime the needs arise, kneels to give him water to wash his hands after eating and even say thank u for eating. Anytime he's eating and the wife is in the kitchen, he will call her to come and give him water that is on the table where he's eating and the wife even eats in the kitchen and she doesn't complain. If it were u, wat will u do?I bet u dad is not as my him. Men are mathematics, once u're able to figure them out, u win.
Am sorry but that is just plain madness. Calling his wife to give him water on the table where he is eating. So he can't stretch his arms and do it himself.Is she his slave. Lol am sure those type of ladies who enjoy such are the ones who don't work and depend 100% on the man.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by Ewuro4: 9:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
leshluap:

grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by Ewuro4: 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2015
Notyourb1tch:
Am sorry but that is just plain madness. Calling his wife to give him water on the table where he is eating. So he can't stretch his arms and do it himself.Is she his slave. Lol am sure those type of ladies who enjoy such are the ones who don't work and depend 100% on the man.

No dear I do it 24/7 and I ENJOY IT.

and No , I'm neither abused nor jobless....People run their homes however it suits them, judging them from afar is just ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by Ewuro4: 9:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
OP this is just plain simple... Next time your daddy asks you such , refuse sharply, afterall you are more than capable to pay off your student's loan and daily upkeep. Tell him off sharply abeg.

Wonders.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by kaboninc(m): 10:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
Lol!

That's men for you. Same with mine and my boss. In fact, they would need to change the TV station and the remote would be just there staring at them. Then he calls you from where you've been busy to come change a TV station?

Lol!

Well, I sometimes do it too, and unconsciously. Then after the act, I'll become aware. Its funny and even women do it too, though less noticeable than the men.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by K9blunt(f): 1:35pm On Mar 17, 2015
Notyourb1tch:
seconded! those kind of men are blithering oafs. angry

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by mutter(f): 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
My dear when you get older you will understand why it is so.
You know how in the western world people talk of breakfast in bed.
It is a special service you render your parents, husband or children to let them know how much you love and regard them.

When you do it for our dad it feels his heart with joy. As he watches you he is blessing you. He is also remembering all his labour on earth and comforting himself that it was not in vain.

It is very symbolic giving your father food, then you are privileged. Many kids are not opportuned to have one to serve.
Please in future ask him when he needs his food do not wait for him to ask you to bring it. Take time out to serve him his good and give him water to drink and wash his hands. So you amass blessings for yourself.
Remember that a father never feels he is something special because he is being served by his child. He only feels that he is in safe hands when he grows old and fragile.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by tobechi20(m): 1:50pm On Mar 17, 2015
kayciano:

U are finished..

Its good to shut up sometimes."
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by richyblink1(m): 1:51pm On Mar 17, 2015
It is just superiority complex. Most men believe they are not equal with women hence they treat them as a subordinate or so.

Over the years I have come to understand that women are meant to be appreciated and treated with care. If you desire the best from your partner, then stick to the golden rule. We are all humans with dignity and self worth.

Whenever I am hungry and noticed madam is busy or positively occupied, will jejely find my way to the kitchen and fix something to eat. It doesn't make me less of a man.

Men, your wife (girlfriend, lady, fiancee, woman) is your better half and not your subordinate. The way you treat her determines the level of respect and love she will accord you. Treat her like a Queen and see her worshipping you like a King. Be passionate and considerate when it has to do with her. Remember, you chose her in the mist of many.

In summary, 85% of Nigerian men were given wrong generational orientation that women are inferior to them hence they are to serve them and be treated as inferior. This is a modern age, accord your partner all the respect she deserve and watch your home become heaven on earth!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fathers Egoistic About Going To Take Food In The Kitchen? by helen4(f): 9:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
Notyourb1tch:
she loves it. The guys loves it too. The lady is not full housewife, she works. I can't just describe them. That's how it works for them.

(1) (Reply)

Is This Right? / What Will You Do To Your Wife In This Situation. / 9 Things You Should Never Ask Your Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.