Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria (38607 Views)

Top 8 Reasons To Make Visitors Addicted And Come Back To Your Website - NCT / Is It True Africa's Internet Growth Is Highest In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 19, 2015
Atlantian:
You too. Dont be a judge of others, somehow, you might need them in future. I will sleep in peace if a yahoo neighbour than I will feel if my neighbour is a kidnapper or armed robber.
And you think a Yahoo boy is different from an armed robber?
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 19, 2015
markmira:

yea i have.
that was the worst case of betrayal I have ever seen and heard of....mark is wicked
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by anigold(m): 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
luthorcorp:
Airtel is even working positively towards that speculation but empty-hen's hands just keep getting dirtier in the data defrauding bussinesa

GLO is trying a bit, Airtel and MTN are the culprit. Airtel is the worst. If you load 2G data on airtel,just open facebook 5 to 10 times you will be shock to realized that 780MB is gone...
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
Power supply and lack of infrastructure're our biggest internet challenges here.

We don't even have underground power cabling systems in most states talkless of developing the same for fibre optic cables. Since those amenities're not available we have to make do with telecom providers since these companies're highly experienced with providing over-the-air internet connectivity. The use of mobile phones also counters the need to power a desktop computer since phones last almost a full day when charged.

Yahoo yahoo from anecdotal evidence is beneficial to the Nigerian youth since the government does not view unemployment as a pressing issue. I personally know a lot of able bodied semi-educated young men who would've robbed banks had they not learned of internet fraud.
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by Atlantian: 2:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
Freemanan:

And you think a Yahoo boy is different from an armed robber?
Armed Robbers are armed with guns, they kill people. Yahoo Yahoo can be anything done online, from forex cheats, to gambling, to betting, to dating scam, to anything done to get money online. I do not see why it should qualify for armed robbery. In fact, I want those yahoo yahoo boys to collect money from those white people well well. Cos they are the reasons Africa is backwards. The white people took us into slavery, they steal our crude oil, they caused the wars. I prefer to know my neighbor is yahoo yahoo than to know he is an armed robber or a kidnapper.
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by EndtimeBlessing: 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
Thanks for your post.
Please who knows what happened to Glo Main One project? We where told it will solve the problem of our internet capacity upon completion.
Has it been completed?
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by anigold(m): 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
When you are watching CNN and notice how fast their internet is,sometimes you may wonder whether they are really browsing or doing stuff offline..

Corruption has really encourage poor internet services, a situation where these GSM will bride our politicians just to continue providing poor services taking home billions of dollars each year..
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
kevinberry:
that was the worst case of betrayal I have ever seen and heard of....mark is wicked
sumtyms u have to hurt peopel to become successfull bro.
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by chukkiephil(m): 2:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
Henry120:

Your article is poorly researched!
SPOT ON!! Even the topic is quite confusing "top 8 problems of Internet growth in Nigeria" one would wonder if it is problems caused by "Internet growth in Nigeria " or problems hindering "Internet growth" in Nigeria meanwhile I think "Internet growth" is a wrong phrase rather it should have been "access to the Internet " so the topic should have been Top 8 problems hindering access to the Internet in Nigeria.
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by luthorcorp: 2:53pm On Aug 19, 2015
anigold:

GLO is trying a bit, Airtel and MTN are the culprit. Airtel is the worst. If you load 2G data on airtel,just open facebook 5 to 10 times you will be shock to realized that 780MB is gone...
yes u are no doubt very correct,in fact I have timelessly called their cc on the issue an the consistently give me the "don't worry" crap...but rescently they have upgraded their service for better....speaking about upgrade I get double my recharge each top up I make, that means I don't even have to worry about buying voucher to make calls long as I'm recharging for data,my calls is covered....I wonder which network can beat that, even Glo dat almost got there still wiped the bonus they gave me after 24hrs prompt
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
markmira:

sumtyms u have to hurt peopel to become successfull bro.

But he went ahead and hurt his business backbone,eduardo saverin was the one financing the project,how could he cut off the guy and retain those that are less important...
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by dualsurvey: 3:40pm On Aug 19, 2015
Atlantian:
Is forex not also yahoo yahoo ? I thought any money made from internet is yahoo yahoo. At least, that was my thought. When you design a cheat robot to cheat the fx mechanism, and bring you profit that you can not make humanly, isnt that a cheat system, will I not call you yahoo yahoo ? Think, young man think.
Excuse me bro, u're not an fx trader, get the fact right. First, u're investing ur money & time in forex, the Yahoo stuff we know about, u dnt invest a dime, but to scam unsuspecting victims and rob them of their hard earned money. Second, there's nothing like cheat robot, get that straight away. A trading robot is an Expert Advisor u set on auto to make trades for u, and if it's anything about cheat, no broker will allow it on its platform. It's never against Fx mechanism, because it only determines the trades with gud outcome and place them.
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by Atlantian: 3:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
dualsurvey:
Excuse me bro, u're not an fx trader, get the fact right. First, u're investing ur money & time in forex, the Yahoo stuff we know about, u dnt invest a dime, but to scam unsuspecting victims and rob them of their hard earned money. Second, there's nothing like cheat robot, get that straight away. A trading robot is an Expert Advisor u set on auto to make trades for u, and if it's anything about cheat, no broker will allow it on its platform. It's never against Fx mechanism, because it will only determine the trades with gud outcome and place them.
I might be ignorant about how yahoo yahoo works. I tend to believe that making money off the internet is called Yahoo yahoo. Whether legal or illegal. At least, that is the general conception. Making money with computer is yahoo yahoo. I support it all. Ride on.
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by free37: 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2015
Good.
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by BodyKiss(m): 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
Atlantian:
How is Yahoo Yahoo a problem. I thought people do it to put food on the table. For me, I think without the yahoo yahoo, most of us will be robbed by armed robbers. It is a lesser evil. Music and Yahoo Yahoo has totally employed more youths than the Federal Government, State Governments and Local Governments put together. I am always thinking outside the box though.

Listen to your deluded self.
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by Atlantian: 5:58pm On Aug 19, 2015
BodyKiss:

Listen to your deluded self.
Has the definition of 'deluded' change ? Your statement is absurd and I am discombobulated.
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by Shininstar30(f): 6:57pm On Aug 19, 2015
What I enjoy most is reading peoples' signature, very.... interesting.
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by SmartMugu: 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
I think #4 will soon be solved in every country around the world, starting with the poorer ones first. . There are works on the way on a device called 'lantern' that works on the Outernet concept. It is developed by a non-profit team and is capable of providing free internet for everyone forever. I already pre-ordered my unit and should get it before the end of the year. I get constant updates on the progress. Read about it at http://www.techtimes.com/articles/20431/20141119/lantern-a-mobile-device-that-brings-forth-free-wi-fi-internet-access-for-all.htm
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by pBuhari(f): 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
Number 8 is not a problem but a means of employment
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
kevinberry:

But he went ahead and hurt his business backbone,eduardo saverin was the one financing the project,how could he cut off the guy and retain those that are less important...
i tink e felt insecure wit him .
Re: Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria by DedeNkem: 12:54am On Aug 20, 2015
It's a pity Nigeria doesn't 4G internet connection yet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Nigerians Working With Mark Zuckerberg At Facebook (Photos) / Google Deducts US Tax Monthly From My Youtube Earnings / How To Withdraw Money From Your Paypal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.