Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,367 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt (6025 Views)

Toyin Abraham: Calling Out Mercy Aigbe Was A Publicity Stunt / Chika Lann: "My Hair Is Really Worth N40m, It’s Not A Publicity Stunt" / Fela’s Dancer, Dodo Mayana, Dies In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2015
I was Totally dissapointed at the Response and Tweets of Certain Nigerians at the Supposed Death of Skibii mayana and the fact that i refuse to believe the whole event is a publicity stunt.
Even if its a publicity stunt,to the extent nigerians were wishing him actual death ?? common ,why be so irrational.

Some reasons why i believe its not publicity stunt

1) What can of desperation will lead an artist to Fake his own death ?? Even Skales did not attempt such.Vic O didnt attempt such despite having little or no talent.Why should Skibii who is very much talented and has a considerable number of Fans do such.??

2) If Kcee ,a label mate didnt attempt such ,will should that be done for Skibii .When Kcee blew,harrysong was Unknown despite even writing kcee limpopo hit.It Took Harrysong some time before blowing despite his talent,why he no fake he own death ??

3) If Skibii wanted to Fake his Own Death,Why was he going on Radio station and Promoting the song ?? he could have just Faked the death before releasing the Single or Probably focus on Faking his Death which we give him more attention than the promo tour he was doing ??
Why do a promo tour in d First place.

4) People saying they waited four hours before confirming he is alive. Even if they got across to skibii,he might still take some time before he regained consciousness. For the first 3 hours. Skibii might still be unconscious. And it was untill when he regained consciousness. before an official statement can given .Did you ever think about that. So if it took skibii 5 hrs to regain consciousness, it only proper they announce it then.

Secondly, do we think its easy to tell someone that his pal or friend has gone suddenly?? Kcee and the rest might not even be informed about the incident for the fear of how they will react untill d last minute ?? it might even be thru social media they knew ??

5) The Suppose dead body picture. We all know nigerians. The Driver or any other symphatizers called to help ,might have taken such. Getting to one person or the other,the picture is Circulated and got to linda ikeji. if You dey pass,someone shouted Help and u got there to see wizkid lying on the floor,
Will you Take his pics first or not ?

6) Dont Nigerians believe in Miracle ?? cant we just accept the fact that someone life was saved and given a second chance ??

7) Skibii himself has not spoken.Why not wait and hear him out?? Why jump into Conclusions ?? why not hear his own side of the story ?? what if You hear that he died on the hospital bed ( God forbids), you will now start saying its not publicity stunt again abi ??

Pls lets us all be reasonable and Careful in what will Do and say.Bless

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by deadZONE: 7:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
undecided undecided By bloggers u mean LINDAIKEJI

@OP carry your poo post face road..

its meaningless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by falcon01: 7:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
is it not the same Nigeria that Desmond Elliot picture in a pool of blood was circulated claiming his death ??
Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Akeelahtunez(m): 7:24pm On Aug 14, 2015
OP I respect u jare dere is always 2sides of a story am very sure SKIIBII was just fortunate 2av a 2nd chance let's hear his own part of d story b4 we jump into conclusions
Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
deadZONE:
undecided undecided By bloggers u mean LINDAIKEJI

@OP carry your poo post face road..

its meaningless.

Sir ,I believe if you have an opposing opinion,u shld present it in the most dignified manner sir .Thank you sir
Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
Akeelahtunez:
OP I respect u jare dere is always 2sides of a story am very sure SKIIBII was just fortunate 2av a 2nd chance let's hear his own part of d story b4 we jump into conclusions

God Bless you for this
Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
I tire Oo dem never even allow d guy talk ..

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
Lalasticlala,ishilove, abeg we. need to see the other side to the story
Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
Cc lalasticlala,ishilove
Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by SandraDiOku(f): 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
that makes sense,m juc wandaring wat f h realy colapsed?how wuld h feel reading all the hate coments,he is human too,

2 Likes

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Akeelahtunez(m): 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2015
SandraDiOku:
that makes sense,m juc wandaring wat f h realy colapsed?how wuld h feel reading all the hate coments,he is human too,

If ub guy I 4talk say make mama awero give u wan very hot beans dere 4dis sensible comment,M.I said it all celebs are also human beings when tins happen 2dem we shd always wait 4dere own side of d story,jumping into conclusion isn't d best way 2know d truth

3 Likes

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Melinde: 10:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
Iamsynord:
I was Totally dissapointed at the Response and Tweets of Certain Nigerians at the Supposed Death of Skibii mayana and the fact that i refuse to believe the whole event is a publicity stunt.
Even if its a publicity stunt,to the extent nigerians were wishing him actual death ?? common ,why be so irrational.

Some reasons why i believe its not publicity stunt

1) What can of desperation will lead an artist to Fake his own death ?? Even Skales did not attempt such.Vic O didnt attempt such despite having little or no talent.Why should Skibii who is very much talented and has a considerable number of Fans do such.??

2) If Kcee ,a label mate didnt attempt such ,will should that be done for Skibii .When Kcee blew,harrysong was Unknown despite even writing kcee limpopo hit.It Took Harrysong some time before blowing despite his talent,why he no fake he own death ??

3) If Skibii wanted to Fake his Own Death,Why was he going on Radio station and Promoting the song ?? he could have just Faked the death before releasing the Single or Probably focus on Faking his Death which we give him more attention than the promo tour he was doing ??
Why do a promo tour in d First place.

4) People saying they waited four hours before confirming he is alive. Even if they got across to skibii,he might still take some time before he regained consciousness. For the first 3 hours. Skibii might still be unconscious. And it was untill when he regained consciousness. before an official statement can given .Did you ever think about that. So if it took skibii 5 hrs to regain consciousness, it only proper they announce it then.

Secondly, do we think its easy to tell someone that his pal or friend has gone suddenly?? Kcee and the rest might not even be informed about the incident for the fear of how they will react untill d last minute ?? it might even be thru social media they knew ??

5) The Suppose dead body picture. We all know nigerians. The Driver or any other symphatizers called to help ,might have taken such. Getting to one person or the other,the picture is Circulated and got to linda ikeji. if You dey pass,someone shouted Help and u got there to see wizkid lying on the floor,
Will you Take his pics first or not ?

6) Dont Nigerians believe in Miracle ?? cant we just accept the fact that someone life was saved and given a second chance ??

7) Skibii himself has not spoken.Why not wait and hear him out?? Why jump into Conclusions ?? why not hear his own side of the story ?? what if You hear that he died on the hospital bed ( God forbids), you will now start saying its not publicity stunt again abi ??

Pls lets us all be reasonable and Careful in what will Do and say.Bless

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by 123gist(m): 4:40am On Aug 15, 2015
who knows................. e fit be say the ooni de call am as replacement no be talk am ooooooooooo
Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by shevon: 7:45am On Aug 15, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2744364_skibi_jpeg4e17e4a90aef9186f963fde444d19223

Oya, explain this picture. Shebi Kcee say im dey tour? Abi Skibii travel follow am ni? Or shey dem carry the rug follow the guy everywhere im go?
Ok, lets assume it is a coincidce that Skibii was wearing the same gab on the day he fell ill as on the last day he say Kcee in his house, why did they crop the other side of the picture? Let's also assume his team were not the one who posted the (initial) news on social media, who then posted it and how did they get the picture from? If you see someone in that state the first thing that will come to your mind is to take his picture, abi?
We can go on and on with the question. Let's face it, na wash. Simple.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2015
shevon:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2744364_skibi_jpeg4e17e4a90aef9186f963fde444d19223

Oya, explain this picture. Shebi Kcee say im dey tour? Abi Skibii travel follow am ni? Or shey dem carry the rug follow the guy everywhere im go?
Ok, lets assume it is a coincidce that Skibii was wearing the same gab on the day he fell ill as on the last day he say Kcee in his house, why did they crop the other side of the picture? Let's also assume his team were not the one who posted the (initial) news on social media, who then posted it and how did they get the picture from? If you see someone in that state the first thing that will come to your mind is to take his picture, abi?

OK. sir. I will answer that
1). the pics on the Left was Taken 2 weeks ago at Skibiis House ..In Lagos .As u can see kcee at d bkground .Check skibii instagram .u will see d pics 2 weeks ago.

2) What if he wears the same cloth?? Shld he be wearing one new cloth everyday ?? Do u throw your clothes away once u wear them ??

3) Lemme ask you this ,You live around an Estate where wizkid lives.You are not a Fan of WizKid.You are passing one day,suddenly u heard help,Got in ,only to find One of naija most popular artist wizkid lying unconsciously on the floor and your phone is with u ??
Do u know how many followers u will gain by posting d news first " WizKid lying unconscious in home"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 15, 2015
Iamsynord:

1). the pics on the Left was Taken 2 weeks ago at Skibiis House ..In Lagos .As u can see kcee at d bkground .Check skibii instagram .u will see d pics 2 weeks ago.

2) What if he wears the same cloth?? Shld he be wearing one new cloth everyday ?? Do u throw your clothes away once u wear them ??

3) Lemme ask you this ,You live around an Estate where wizkid lives.You are not a Fan of WizKid.You are passing one day,suddenly u heard help,Got in ,only to find One of naija most popular artist wizkid lying unconsciously on the floor and your phone is with u ??
Do u know how many followers u will gain by posting d news first " WizKid lying unconscious in home"

Read what you wrote again but slowly this time around, does it sound smart to you? undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by ferdinandurian(m): 11:12am On Aug 15, 2015
[color=][/color]Who is dis damn skibiii, guess he is looking for popularity.
Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2015
well, people though he was dead so they ran with the story. I see no problem there. Now he's confirmed to be alive, people are running with the story
Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 15, 2015
FriedPlantain:

Read what you wrote again but slowly this time around, does it sound smart to you? undecided

Bruv What exactly are you confused about ?? Because you haven't still made any point ??

2 Likes

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by omaniblog(m): 11:33am On Aug 15, 2015
see this proof

This is a photo Soso posted of Skiibii on his instagram page two weeks ago

[img]http://4.bp..com/-hmTbjoCCE3Q/Vc5ToNRC2NI/AAAAAAAGPNU/sXsRQwV6bSA/s1600/d.jpg[/img]

And this is a photo of Skiibii taken after he supposedly collapsed yesterday. Looks like same outfit to me...and same location. *sigh*

[img]http://2.bp..com/-FsODrFAalxU/Vc5VKu1PcEI/AAAAAAAGPNg/vR3AgbadOIM/s1600/unnamed.jpg[/img]

So WHo IS Deceiving who

4 Likes

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 15, 2015
ferdinandurian:
[color=][/color]Who is dis damn skibiii, guess he is looking for popularity.

I doubt he can go to d extent of death
Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2015
Why are people so bitter ??
This was the picture he took with Kcee before kcee boarded a flight to Sweden for his show & Skiibi went out to club.
7 hours later, Kcee was on transit at the Christiania Gardermoen Airport Norway when he got the news that Skiibi collapsed.
What will they gain from faking Skiibi's death ??
Some said, the want to promote skiibi's song using his death news.
Kcee is a very very rich oil tycoon, he had billions of naira before he went into music.
Kcee's older brother E-money go fit buy the whole kano state, he's dastardly rich.
So, why should they fake skiibi's death ??
This same thing happened to AUGUST ALSINA.
Nigerians are the most ignorant & foolish set of people on earth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 15, 2015
omaniblog:
see this proof

This is a photo Soso posted of Skiibii on his instagram page two weeks ago

[img]http://4.bp..com/-hmTbjoCCE3Q/Vc5ToNRC2NI/AAAAAAAGPNU/sXsRQwV6bSA/s1600/d.jpg[/img]

And this is a photo of Skiibii taken after he supposedly collapsed yesterday. Looks like same outfit to me...and same location. *sigh*

[img]http://2.bp..com/-FsODrFAalxU/Vc5VKu1PcEI/AAAAAAAGPNg/vR3AgbadOIM/s1600/unnamed.jpg[/img]

So WHo IS Deceiving who

This ....

1). the pics on the Left was Taken 2 weeks
ago at Skibiis House ..In Lagos .As u can see
kcee at d bkground .Check skibii instagram .u
will see d pics 2 weeks ago.

2) What if he wears the same cloth?? Shld he
be wearing one new cloth everyday ?? Do u
throw your clothes away once u wear them ??
Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by dridowu: 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ok
Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2015
shevon:

He was in Sweden yesterday.

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Dygeasy(m): 12:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
Iamsynord:

This ....

I was taking you seriously at first until the emboldened.

Even me wey no be celebrity can and will not wear the same cloth and exactly the same accessories twice within two weeks. Within photograph range. No be say money day but I go change something. I fit change the trouser or the shoes. You no even see say na the same bracelet on his right wrist? See the short chain wey dey hang for him belt na... Bros! Think am well.

Wardrobe maintenance no dey dey musicians deals with their record labels? Five Star Music na even Oyel record label sef. What are we now saying?

6 Likes

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
Dygeasy:
I was taking you seriously at first until the emboldened.

Even me wey no be celebrity can and will not wear the same cloth and exactly the same accessories twice within two weeks. Within photograph range. No be say money day but I go change something. I fit change the trouser or the shoes. You no even see say na the same bracelet on his right wrist? See the short chain wey dey hang for him belt na... Bros! Think am well.

Wardrobe maintenance no dey dey music
ians dealst with their record labels? Five Star Music na even Oyel record label sef. What are we now saying?

Very good one Sir.Why he had to Wear same clothes with in Two weeks at photograph range still baffles me .A question he must answer as quick as possible.

But sir,let's look at the two pics

2 Likes

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by ionsman: 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
What is "even skales" at o.p?

Whether you like it or not, apart from the big boys, skales is one of the best musicians in naija.

I wonder why una see skales finish.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
The pic with Kcee - Skibii was with no earrings ( check well)

The one he collapsed ( he wore an earring)

Pics with kcee - cap
Pics he collapsed- No cap

if Skibii had Carefully planned his death truly ..To the extent of Putting on an earring for his death pose and removing his Car, don't u think he would have also prepared to change his Cloth and shoes as well ??

@Dygeasy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by Chestar5(f): 1:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
Naija and drinking panadol for anoda's man headache angry . Smh.....smh for my fellow nigerians..... Cant dis news die a natural death Are u all not tired? undecided
Re: Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt by omaniblog(m): 1:19pm On Aug 15, 2015
Iamsynord:

This ....

the pics has bin taken down.... i smell foul....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hollywood Actress Ini Edo Reveals Her Weight Loss Secret / Wizkid And Hush Puppi Gucci War - Who Rocked It Better? / E-money Of Ghana Cancels His Plan To Give Tacha N20 Million. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.