Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial (50919 Views)

Oluwo Of Iwo Attends Obas’ Council Meeting At Ooni’s Palace For The First Time / Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' / Jennifer Obayuwana At Ooni Of Ife’s Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by IYANGBALI: 10:08am On Aug 15, 2015
oreos:

Ode!
baba nla ode ni bobo ye

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 15, 2015
thewarrior72:

Barbarian!!, your tribe does not belong to any religion, neither Christianity no islam. Have u ask yourself why the abokiis consider your islam fake, hence cannot lead them in prayers in any mosque.

Once again your tribe belongs to Jurassic & nerthantal age. SOPHISTICATED SAVAGES.
So there are only two religions in the world. What happened to traditional religion. What happened to Judaism, Buddha, Hindu e.t.c your brain needs formatting.

I don't even know why some people are using panadol for another man's headache.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 15, 2015
Funny tradition. Just like 8years ago.my family struggle with this so called tradition. Smtimes man take decision not considering the consequences. Even if the said ruler gave his life to christ.he will still be treated alike.but the sons were still luck to see his face @ the London hosiptal.but am glad prove them wrong of their 12midnite burial same day.RIP Oba Sijuade

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Sweetlemon(f): 10:24am On Aug 15, 2015
Are other tribes opening mouth to talk here?
Is it because in this case the Abobaku ran away that we are hearing the gist?
Abegi! When kings in your towns die what do you think all those curfews are for?

How many of you here has watched a royal being buried?
Abeg leave story. Royalty in Africa is very very very very dirty business. The kinds of things these royals and their chiefs do periodically ehn? You will coil! The King's death is the zenith of all. You just cannot imagine!

As for those saying the Oba is now a Christian. Leave that thing. No pastor can do nada. The Oba is a public property. He belongs to his people. I don't even think an Oba or any King can even decide to step down. Once you've been chosen by the oracle, you are the King whether you like it or not, if you no like am, then die.

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by hamzeiy: 10:51am On Aug 15, 2015
saxywale:

That is not gonna happen in a 100 years. There are always new initiates that are made to swear death oaths during initiation.

All those pastors are liars. If only they know what it even takes to become an Ooni, I can't even imagine the amount of oaths swearing and initiation to different traditional cults.

Soon they would come and tell us how the Oba of Benin received christ at their revival or holy ghost night after his demise must have been announced. Also, all these ritual stuffs would be child's play compared to what will happen in Benin when their Oba crosses to the other side. Sijuwade still allowed some modernity in his reign.

It's was not difficult to see the late Ooni if you were good friends with him or his family.
guy...i tell you...the day the oba of benin would be declared dead..na go see ritual finish..i believe the guy is even dead for more than too months but their beliefs wont make them announce it
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by neocortex: 10:54am On Aug 15, 2015
revolt:
im sure it was a brutal burial of slaughter, bloodshed, nasty gory severed head arrangements, baby limbs, heart eating cannibalistic blood drinking rites.

the blackman and useless cultures. the dead are given more attention than the living. everythinhg about these cultures are in reverse. if only all these efforts in preserving these mundane traditions can be channeled to science and technology or farming.

Ignoramus white slave,
I am sure you are happy desecrating the Yoruba culture
by posting that rubbish.
You may wallow in ignorance for all I care.

BTW, how many farms do you own ?
Jobless troll.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by 9jatatafo(m): 11:03am On Aug 15, 2015
In some traditions, immediately the first son of the King is born, the King and the son will never see each other again and the son will only come to the place when the father is dead to take over the throne. Now the Ife chiefs said the heart of the past Ooni will not be fed to the new Ooni and it is the heart of animal that they will feed to the new Ooni, I totally disagree with this. How come the burial of the Ooni is full of mysteries? Even our Lord Jesus, his death and burial wasn't in secrecy.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by hamzeiy: 11:09am On Aug 15, 2015
9jatatafo:
In some traditions, immediately the first son of the King is born, the King and the son will never see each other again and the son will only come to the place when the father is dead to take over the throne. Now the Ife chiefs said the heart of the past Ooni will not be fed to the new Ooni and it is the heart of animal that they will feed to the new Ooni, I totally disagree with this. How come the burial of the Ooni is full of mysteries? Even our Lord Jesus, his death and burial wasn't in secrecy.
see ds wan...who tell you say jesus christ die....keep deceiving your self
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by thewarrior72: 11:10am On Aug 15, 2015
saxywale:

So there are only two religions in the world. What happened to traditional religion. What happened to Judaism, Buddha, Hindu e.t.c your brain needs formatting.

I don't even know why some people are using panadol for another man's headache.
Yea there are many regions, even in my enclave, however, no one infringes on anyones right of free movement. Your mundane, barbaric, archaic & loathsome religion is nothing but evil & cantencherous & should be done away as fast as possible.

Any religion that fails to evolve or adapt to modernity is a hindrance to the progress of its adherents & the society at large. And here comes my sincere question to u, Where then lies the purported SOPHISTICATION of your tribe if such barbaric traditions shrouded in secrecy is still practiced till this age?
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by thewarrior72: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2015
IYANGBALI:
your people are no saints either are they? tongue
Yea, but we have evolved & long discarded any kind of such culture/traditions
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by 9jatatafo(m): 11:16am On Aug 15, 2015
hamzeiy:
see ds wan...who tell you say jesus christ die....keep deceiving your self

Listen to yourself
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by neocortex: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2015
SmartMugu:

I personally don't believe the abobaku escaped or the culture was abolished like they try to make us believe. He may have been held for the purpose he was intended for, but would the king makers publicly say that he was buried with the king?

We are left with beliefs that certain things must tradionally be the same way it was and the barbaric ones have been removed, yet the burial is in secrecy. Even the princes, princesses and queens are not allowed to see the body. Sure anyone would like to pay their last respect to their parents after they pass on, in this case it's impossible because of some irreversible beliefs.

The same man that said that the Ooni was not dead is the same person saying animals are now used for rituals. Why would we believe anything he says?

The same barbaric culture has been maintained and is intended to remain the same forever.

How has your "non-barbaric" culture improved your life ?
Your post says a lot about your thinking process, though I don't
expect a person with no identity such as yo to think differently.

The man said Ooni wasn't dead and he was right at that particular
point in time because he wasn't authorized to announce the death
of ooni.
Whether you like it or not the burial rites will proceed and
if you have any evidence of atrocities please report to the
authorities.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by IYANGBALI: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2015
thewarrior72:

Yea, but we have evolved & long discarded any kind of such culture/traditions
liar
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Dammysmart: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2015
well having read all d comments....let me shed some light to the darkness. I'll only shed light to the burial stuff of the ooni...the ooni as said us the custodian of the Yoruba heritage as like life which he commands from is the cradle of the Yoruba race. the death of the ooni once it happens becomes the property of the pro cult and the community at large... it is not asif no one could actually see the remains of the ooni...they can but once the rites have begun they can't anymore because of its barbaric nature. if anyone however sees the process it would go viral and would scare pple away from being the next ooni because you can never imagine such thing done to your body. that they don't mutilate them is a total fallacy... what do you expect them to tell you?? they will outrightly tell you NO because of the secrecy it entails....and if anyone by accident sees them during the process not being an initiate the penalty is death. I'll rest at this point.

Source: Don't ask me...but the info is with high credibility.

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by orbitame2011: 11:28am On Aug 15, 2015
SmartMugu:

I didn't even know who he was until I was seeking direct entry into OAU back in 2001. A friend suggested we went to see the Ooni for help. He said he knew a few friends that were helped to get admission into Ife by the late Ooni. We got there and people were looking at us like who are u to ask for the king. One even asked me whom my father was and if anyone knew him in Yorubaland. Then I knew you just can't see certain kings like the Ooni like that.
Another experience with a highly respected king was when we went on a NANS convention in Oyo in 2004, and branched the Alaafin's palace to pay homage, we were told people like us can't just see the Alaafin.
So, when a pastor says the king came to his event and publicly confessed already proved that was a lie.

You are even the one lying,that you can see Ooni doesn't mean people don't or can't see him ;itdepends.I have seen him before even inside his place.And I have heard of him attending crusade before.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by onomeasike: 11:30am On Aug 15, 2015
Chigold101:
you actually justified act of denying people the final opportunity to see the body of their late one...
If you're Yoruba/Bini or from any African Royal family, you won't write this
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Neplusultra(f): 11:45am On Aug 15, 2015
Thank God for the Grace of God!
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by mbhs139(m): 11:53am On Aug 15, 2015
dont8:

The Araba of Osogbo land

Osogbo is not a land, it is a town
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by yinkarh187(m): 11:56am On Aug 15, 2015
revolt:
im sure it was a brutal burial of slaughter, bloodshed, nasty gory severed head arrangements, baby limbs, heart eating cannibalistic blood drinking rites.

the blackman and useless cultures. the dead are given more attention than the living. everythinhg about these cultures are in reverse. if only all these efforts in preserving these mundane traditions can be channeled to science and technology or farming.

abeg help me tell dem o... All dose 9jacrip nd co
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by asainco(m): 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
Yoruba showing the rich cultural practices of Nigeria. ....
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by larryUG(m): 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2015
Yomieluv:
I won't in any way condemn their tradition,whatever that pleases them...

We all shouting backwardness,even in civilised world,there are certain protocol followed in the burial of certain personalities..if this is the best way it can be done to Ooni,let them be.

After all,we are still in Africa.
yes i agree with u. u shdnt condemn it. it is a very good thing. i also pray that u remain alive wen either the oba of benin or the next ooni or the alaafin dies, so dt ur head and dt of maybe ur wife and children will be used to bury him. nope, u guys will be buried alive with him cos i know dey dnt kill dos peeps, dey bury dem alive. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by alexvatt(m): 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2015
SmartMugu:
I thought they said the Ooni was a Christian and abolished barbaric acts during his reign. Why all the barbarism? Why can't he be buried normally?

We have seen even presidents die and buried without all these secret and archaic rites.

I actually hope these old chiefs and their beliefs will be replaced by younger and exposed chiefs in the future and everyone can be on the same page. Should things still be done same way in this era?
they are even initiating the younger ones that will take over them when they are no more.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2015
free2ryhme:
There are many mysteries that surround everything that we read in the above report as regards how late Ooni's immediate family members were all barred from setting their eyes on his remains. There are many other myst*ries that surround the purported confession of late Ooni that he had accepted Christ as his saviour few weeks to his departure. How?

Another mystery has to do with how one of the Chiefs repelled the belief that the heart of late Ooni will be removed to feed the incoming Ooni. If the heart of late Ooni wasn't removed, or any part of his body was not missing, why then barring his immediate family members from seeing his remains? What exactly were those traditionalists hiding from the people when they have agreed that such practice of removing the h*art of one departed Oba and feed the incoming one belonged to the past?

If the late O0ni indeed confessed his sins and accepted Christ, as said by one evangelist, why then didn't the late Ooni publicly announce that he had accepted Chr*st and distanced himself from traditional faith of having his remains being taken over by Oro cultist group? Or what is the relationship between having your remains being taken over by Ogbonis after confessing your sins to Christ and not being in possession of the people of Christ to whom you have confessed? Is there any connection between Ooni's purpoted last-minute faith and his former faith?

Lastly, to the so-called evang*lists and imams in attendance, why holding interdenominational service for whom whose remains that you knew would never be released to any of you evangelists and imams in the first instance except to traditional Ogbonis to whom the late Ooni belonged? What explanations will you even give to Christ or Allah for being in such gathering of Ogbonis when you were supposed to have stayed clear of such gathering? Why are we only dec*iving ourselves?
Ah! Thanks for hitting d nail on d head. Some Christians deceive themselves. The Bible openly condemns such visits. All na publicity stunts these days

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by alexvatt(m): 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2015
[quote author=Chiefpriest1 post=36970570]And the Abobaku finally escaped sha! Lol. I am not from Ife, but I would politely turn down this oba's traditional stool if I was offered.

I like the simple and uncomplicated things of life. No oro, no isoro,no seven-day curfew, no abobaku, no retinue of wives and no barring my children from my burial.[/quoteThe post of oba is not difficult at all. it is we the africans that made it difficult for ourselves. because a lot of africans our idols worshippers and they dont know God. when u are not in christ, then u are in crises.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Edokpia: 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
Hell fire bound,see the way the heat of hell dey increase wait this man.

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by alexvatt(m): 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
funkybully:
Imagine burying king by midnight and barring his family and u tell me human heads are not buried with him
tell them o. they think we are foolish like them. they think we are idols worshippers like them.

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by revolt(m): 12:48pm On Aug 15, 2015
neocortex:

Ignoramus white slave,
I am sure you are happy desecrating the Yoruba culture
by posting that rubbish.
You may wallow in ignorance for all I care.

BTW, how many farms do you own ?
Jobless troll.

atleast I'm not channeling my resources to burying ppl alive and cannibalism cos of a dead man. If thts what it takes to be a free blackman I'd rather be a white slave. Ediats

1 Like

Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Chigold101(m): 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2015
onomeasike:

If you're Yoruba/Bini or from any African Royal family, you won't write this
you are right about Yoruba and Bini... But as for African Royal family... Forget that side. I am Igbo. The greatest thing a son can do his father is a befitting burial.

The last Ofala of any passed on Igwe/Eze/Obi is always a great event. Fimalies celebrate it.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2015
larryUG:

yes i agree with u. u shdnt condemn it. it is a very good thing. i also pray that u remain alive wen either the oba of benin or the next ooni or the alaafin dies, so dt ur head and dt of maybe ur wife and children will be used to bury him. nope, u guys will be buried alive with him cos i know dey dnt kill dos peeps, dey bury dem alive. Nonsense
I know you are fool,but didn't know the extent of your foolishness...where did I state that people should be killed?

If you have comprehension issues,why not seeking solution to your problem,than throwing tantrums about online..

Omo ale jatijati,oloriburuku omo oshi...ogun lapa e.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by InvertedHammer: 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2015
It was a charade.

No burial took place.

Ooni must be buried with abobaku.

Abobaku can run but he can't hide.
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by MrOmoyemi: 1:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
Nice1. Meanwhile, a cleric, Evangelist Toluwase Akeredolu, had disputed insinuations that Sijuwade, as a prominent monarch, was in the cult. Akeredolu had said that Oba Sijuwade died as a born-again Christian.
Akeredolu said this on July 29 after the transition of the monarch was announced by the media.
The cleric, an evangelist with the Christ Apostolic Church, said the monarch had few weeks before his transition, confessed all his sins to God after he preached the gospel of Jesus Christ to him.
Akeredolu said he was privileged to have ministered to the monarch few weeks before his death.
He said, “Oba Sijuwade told the congregation at the last crusade we organised in Ile-Ife that he had forsaken sins and accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and personal saviour. He confessed publicly that he would live the rest of his life to serve the Almighty God.
“During the revival, Oba Sijuwade said he had committed the rest of his lifetime to Christ, the saviour of all and had sung the popular song ‘All to Jesus, I surrender.’”
It will be recalled that the late monarch dropped the title of ‘Oluaye’ (owner of the universe) in 2010 in deference to the Almighty God.”
Re: Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial by nwakaibeya1: 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2015
NO APOLOGIES AS THIS IS HIGHLY SPIRITUAL AND FOR THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND THE SPIRITUAL NOT FOR I KNOW HOW TO TALK PEOPLE: where is the bloody prophet liar kasali muhideen who claimed ooni knocked at his door ?so why did he not play a prominent role at the burial at least to pray and lead ooni of ife into the heaven that issued him a certificate of heaven?ok look at the Very Rev. Olusola Akanbi who does not know that reverend is the name of God of justice only which means HOLY is he holy and he and his likes answer the name why? let him see psalm 111,9 and he is one that is telling people to be born again at the burial is he born again?how come Very Rev. Olusola Akanbi surface in a place for burial and Very Rev. Olusola Akanbi cannot see the corpse of the person he is claiming to be praying for and you are THERE TALKING ABOUT JESUSCHRIST WHO TOLD YOU that JESUSCHRIST hears such prayers? enough of this nonsense about pastors and prophets of this world decieving spiritually ignorant humanbeigns up and down and no wonder God said pastors have destroyed my vineyard jeremiah 12,10 and jeremiah 5,21-22 and thats why we call them CHAMELEONS (NDI ABALI)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kyari El-Kanemi, Shehu Of Bama, Died Of Coronavirus Disease - Sahara Reporters / Itsekiri Names And Their Meaning / Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.