Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,106 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:06 AM

People Who Bite Their Nails Aren’t Anxious - They’re Perfectionists - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / People Who Bite Their Nails Aren’t Anxious - They’re Perfectionists (666 Views)

Successful People Generally Aren’t Smarter Or Luckier Than Everyone Else / Interesting Tongue Twisters That Makes U Want To Bite Your Tongue / Communicators League /the Killer Bite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Who Bite Their Nails Aren’t Anxious - They’re Perfectionists by shaddoww: 7:19am On Aug 15, 2015
Most of us see nail-biting as evidence that a person is nervous and stressed-out - but tht might not be the case. Instead, compulsive nail biters are perfectionists - and bite their nails when they’re bored or dissatisfied. University of Montreal researcher Kieron O’Connor said, ‘We believe that individuals with these repetitive behaviours maybe perfectionistic, meaning that they are unable to relax and to perform task at a ‘normal’ pace. ‘They are therefore prone to frustration, impatience, and dissatisfaction when they do not reach their goals. ‘They also experience greater levels of boredom.’ University of Montreal researchers interviewed 48 people with repetitive behaviours such as nail- biting - and then exposed them to situations designed to provoke stress or boredom. In the ‘boredom’ part, the volunteers were simply left alone in a room for five minutes - and researchers noticed they were more prone to nail-biting at that time.
Re: People Who Bite Their Nails Aren’t Anxious - They’re Perfectionists by iamsodium(m): 7:19am On Aug 15, 2015
Hmmm
Re: People Who Bite Their Nails Aren’t Anxious - They’re Perfectionists by davidayn(m): 7:20am On Aug 15, 2015
Perfectionist my foot , they r dirty ni !

1 Like

Re: People Who Bite Their Nails Aren’t Anxious - They’re Perfectionists by Bevy12(f): 2:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ok it might be true sha. I don't like when others make mistakes but I've stopped biting my nails. I guess.
Re: People Who Bite Their Nails Aren’t Anxious - They’re Perfectionists by Annstar(f): 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
seriously
Re: People Who Bite Their Nails Aren’t Anxious - They’re Perfectionists by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 15, 2015
hmm.... All is well!

(1) (Reply)

The Role Of Philosophy In International Relations / Pastor Chris Reveals A Sure Path To Excellent Personality / A New Literary And Arts Blog Calls For Submission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.