Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Why Has The Awareness Campaign On HIV/AIDS Reduce? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Has The Awareness Campaign On HIV/AIDS Reduce? (636 Views)

Lady Designs Condom Made Cloth For Hiv Awareness (photo) / Chidinma And Oge Okoye At A Cancer Awareness Program In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has The Awareness Campaign On HIV/AIDS Reduce? by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2015
I could remember when Fela Anikulapokuti died and it was announced that he died of Aids, a certain fear gripped Nigerians as they become fully aware of how dangerous the disease could be. His death was the reason I heard of the disease as I was still young then. From then on, the awareness campaign on HIV/Aids increased till about 2006. One could see giant billboards and newspaper adverts carrying the awareness message that preached abstinence or the use of condom. The awareness was also on TV and some radio stations who often took breaks during their newscast to spread the message.

I can't seem to remember the last time I came across a campaign against the disease, whether on the streets or on media. It's just so sad that prostitution is getting glorified in this period when the campaign is almost dead. All we see these days are music videos and movies showing nudity. A Nollywood movie can tell a story of how a village girl came to lagos for the job of a housemaid. She flees from the job and 2 months down the line she now cruises a range rover which she got from a senator through prostitution. This makes the typical naija babe believe that life is simple, all she has to do is dress skimpy like she saw in a magazine, shake her butt like they do in music videos and flirt in front of rich men. They are willing to give mouth action, anal and sex of all kinds so long cash is around the corner. No one bothers about HIV/Aids anymore. The media i.e TV/Radio has simply shifted base from being in the side that battles the disease to promoting means through which the disease spread. What they promote has eaten deep as I overheard 2 fresh high school graduate discussing about twerking(a sexual arousing dance move) during their valedictory service.

[img]http://victimsofgaybullying.files./2013/04/medical-treatment-photos1.jpg?w=584[/img]

If the campaign against the disease dies finally, many humans will die long with it.

Why has the awareness campaign on HIV/AIDS reduce?

Juicee1
Re: Why Has The Awareness Campaign On HIV/AIDS Reduce? by richardjemedafe1(m): 10:45am On Aug 15, 2015
nigeria has been declared HIV/AIDS FREE BY THE
Re: Why Has The Awareness Campaign On HIV/AIDS Reduce? by richardjemedafe1(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2015
nigeria has been declared HIV/AIDS FREE BY THE 'WHO'
Re: Why Has The Awareness Campaign On HIV/AIDS Reduce? by damola44(m): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2015
Simply because it is no longer relevant, anti-retroviral drugs are now available to combat it and peolpe are more informed about it now than in the past.

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Awareness Campaign On HIV/AIDS Reduce? by ATMC(f): 11:16am On Aug 15, 2015
1) People are aware now. They go to lab and get more information and meet their fellows. So, the mission of the awareness is accomplished.
2) ARV is available
3)...But, more than the above is the fact that Ogas at the top (America) is dealing with the guilt feeling after killing those young Indian guys in a plane crash after they discovered the cure for HIV.

(1) (Reply)

The Lady Accusing The Man She Had Sex With Of Effecting Her With Stds / Ear Problem / Red Meat, Processed Meats Do Cause Cancer - WHO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.