Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Please Dont Fall Victim To Fraudsters Parading Themselves As Data Peddlers!!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Dont Fall Victim To Fraudsters Parading Themselves As Data Peddlers!!! (816 Views)

Please Do Not Fall A Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Dont Fall Victim To Fraudsters Parading Themselves As Data Peddlers!!! by MrEverest(m): 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2015
Its now that I realize why trust is such an alien word in Nigeria today. Some people in Nigeria have decided to make a maga out of fellow Nigerians no matter how big or little the amount is, such a pity!

The person that defrauded me goes by the name ROONEYBOY, I have come to understand that his modus-operandi is to first gain your trust by sounding humble on the phone and also deliver a couple of times while waiting for the opportunity to strike. ROONEYBOY will refer you to his page on Nairaland where he apparently simulated recommendations from people on how genuine and honest he is, now that is simply a decoy.

I sent 5 pieces of 200 naira recharge cards and 1 piece 100 naira recharge card(making it 1100 naira) to ROONEYBOY(08036998597) on the 12/08/2015 for him to transfer 1gb mtn data to my friend's mtn line(07064605050). After sending the vouchers, story changed, first, he claimed that network was very bad, that I should exercise patience which I did. Later, I called him again, this time he said he had transferred the data so I subsequently called the person and he told me has not received the data, again I called ROONEYBOY but he claimed it was network that was delaying it! This hide and seek game continued between me and ROONEYBOY from the 12th(wednesday) till yesterday 14th(friday) this time he said I should resend those voucher numbers I sent to him on wednesday and luckily for me I still have them on my sent items so I resent it to him. Then he came with a new gimmick and told me that the cards does not exist!!! I was shocked, so I tried to load one of the cards on my phone and MTN replied that the card does not exist. I was aghast, so in annoyance I went to the place I bought the cards thinking they sold non-existent cards to me but they stood their ground that the cards were genuine that I should call MTN customer care to verify them.
I called MTN customer care and they requested for the serial number and luckily for me again, I searched the trash basket and found two of the cards then lo and behold they told me that the card was used on the 12th (wednesday), the same day I transferred it to ROONEYBOY so I asked them to tell me the number that loaded the card but refused and said if there is any number I am suspecting then I should call the number and I did, to my consternation they told me that ROONEYBOY'S number loaded the cards.

I called ROONEYBOY to know why he loaded the cards and still denied doing so, it was then he began to show his criminal tendency, he left the issue and started shouting at me, calling me names and generally trying to intimidate me, when he could not succeed with that, he said I should snap the cards and show it to him on wassap(he probably thought I was no longer in possession of them) I did snapped two of those cards I found in the trash bin and sent to him on wassap, when he saw them he stopped replying my wassap messages, he would log in, read my message and log out again. Till this moment ROONEYBOY never transferred the MTN 1gb data which I paid for.

The money may not be much but the way and manner this ROONEYBOY humiliated me, insulted me and made me look like a fool is what depressed me most. I know that karma rewards all according to their deeds.
ROONEYBOY, God will judge you.

suffix it to add that not all of the them are fraudulent, those like Ogunsan and THE PAUL are probably honest.

These are the vouchers with the serial numbers of the two I found in the trash bin in bracket, 0705952888467861(2742894779011551). 1457078469570136. 5225850044345041. 2686651923075538. 7719896587627387. 4906383916426990(7482111657422938). This is ROONEYBOY'S number 08036998597 please anyone who is in doubt can call MTN customer care with the serial number to ascertain what I am saying.

cc. seun cc. lalasticala I pray this is moved to the front page so that those using your platform to commit fraud would be shamed and also prevent others from falling victim.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Dont Fall Victim To Fraudsters Parading Themselves As Data Peddlers!!! by fattbabakay(m): 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2015
mention anoda name nD I might dispute u not buh d rooneyboi u mentioned, I doubt it. I bought my data steadily from him for months and iv referred like 4 of ma frnds widout no complaint...he's even on ma Whatsapp and he hardly wastes 5mins before delivery of data after payment. I no non understand dis scenario...

PS : m not affiliated to him in any way

EDITED - He probably changed overnight, buh once upon a time wen I was still buying data before I started bursting cheats, he was trustworthy. Now, I can't tell as he's not replying on Whatsapp too. Ciao!
Re: Please Dont Fall Victim To Fraudsters Parading Themselves As Data Peddlers!!! by drss(m): 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
Some people are just shameless. angry Why commit fraud? Anyone who has been defrauded in the past by some so called data resellers should please list their names here so we know the real and the fake ones.
Lalasticlala send this thread to head qtrs.

1 Like

Re: Please Dont Fall Victim To Fraudsters Parading Themselves As Data Peddlers!!! by drss(m): 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2015
fattbabakay:
mention anoda name nD I might dispute u not buh d rooneyboi u mentioned, I doubt it. I bought my data steadily from him for months and iv referred like 4 of ma frnds widout no complaint...he's even on ma Whatsapp and he hardly wastes 5mins before delivery of data after payment. I no non understand dis scenario...

PS : m not affiliated to him in any way
Since you trust him, call him and find out why he did what he did to Op.
Re: Please Dont Fall Victim To Fraudsters Parading Themselves As Data Peddlers!!! by Lexusgs430: 8:43am On Aug 16, 2015
Best thing for rooneyboy, come on this thread and defend yourself.
Re: Please Dont Fall Victim To Fraudsters Parading Themselves As Data Peddlers!!! by MrEverest(m): 3:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
drss:

Thank you, he is simply just one of them. The same ROONEYBOY he is swearing for has owned up to the fraud in the other thread I opened in the phone section undecided undecided
Re: Please Dont Fall Victim To Fraudsters Parading Themselves As Data Peddlers!!! by MrEverest(m): 3:19pm On Aug 16, 2015
drss:

The other thread I opened in the phone section about the fraud, ROONEYBOY kept lying until it was proved to him, then he tendered a lame apology to save face.
Re: Please Dont Fall Victim To Fraudsters Parading Themselves As Data Peddlers!!! by drss(m): 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
MrEverest:
The other thread I opened in the phone section about the fraud, ROONEYBOY kept lying until it was proved to him, then he tendered a lame apology to save face.
Don't mind them. These are the people who spoil the name of genuine data resellers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get Rid Of These On My PC / Dell 1525 For Sale With Web Cam @ N28k / New Six Months Used Dell Latitude 2100 Mini With A Year Warranty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.