Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,862 members, 7,838,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Should Christians Show Their Body Parts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Show Their Body Parts (446 Views)

Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? / Adam And Eve Had An Anomally On Their Body / When a government is becoming ungodly: should Christians continue to obey? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians Show Their Body Parts by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 16, 2015
A lady came to my office, we were discussing when she looked out of the window and saw a "skimpy" dressed lady, she exclaimed in religious debunk how the "end time" is making young ladies loose their sense of morality. Well I maintained my calm and watched with interest as the young lady walked past.
Then I turned to the lady in my office with an feigned expression of surprise, she won't let us continue with out topic of discussion as she picked up the "revealing outfit" topic. The following conversation ensued between she and I.

Lady: I don't know what this world is becoming, I blame parents who will see a girl go out with that kind of outfit, and the church is not even helping matters.

Me: Well, everybody has the liberty to express his or herself so long it doesn't deprive anybody of their fundamental right or inflict physical or psychological damage.

Lady: Is that what you are saying, I know you like this kind of view.

Me: God made everything beautiful, am just admiring his creature, let me ask you, does God like us naked or clothed, cos me I think he likes us naked.

Lady: God forbid, God abhors unclothedness in all form, showing your body part to anybody who is not your spouse is a Sin

Me: Why did he created Adam and Eve naked in the garden.

Lady: That was the original plan of God before they ate the fruit, God even gave them cloth after that.

Me: If that's the case, this ladies you are complaining about are more religious than you think, Cos the last time I checked, Jesus came to restore man to that Adamic foundation, and when he died he said it is finished, we should have automatically reset to "the garden of edem mode" I don't know maybe these ladies are manually adjusting.

Lady: It can't be true bla bla bla

I was still a good Christian then, so at this juncture, I drew her back and then reiterated the notion why "Christian's shouldn't judge"

Me: Before the coming of the white man, my grandmum told me women then go bare b0obed and nobody felt it was wrong, there is even a video documentary about a tribe who were discovered not too long ago who still go completely nude, the zoe people precisely, so it's not about the action, it's about the intent.

Lady: You are just confusing me, I don't know what to call you now bla bla bla.

I look back to when we had this conversation and I am like, what do people think now, can my logic hold water, cos right now am a free thinker. Am open to all, and accept none. Logic before emotion.

What do you think, do you have a better logic, let me hear you.
Re: Should Christians Show Their Body Parts by ladyF(f): 10:51am On Aug 16, 2015
Say no to clothes lol
Re: Should Christians Show Their Body Parts by Bacteriocin(m): 10:52am On Aug 16, 2015
N
Re: Should Christians Show Their Body Parts by Acekidc4(m): 10:53am On Aug 16, 2015
Why Not if Not??
Re: Should Christians Show Their Body Parts by delishpot: 11:05am On Aug 16, 2015
In a sexualaized society tgey should wear clithes in an innocent society they should dress as they are used to.
Re: Should Christians Show Their Body Parts by mustymatic(m): 11:14am On Aug 16, 2015
Mary did cover up, they should learn.

(1) (Reply)

Praise And Worship: Which Glorifies God The Most? / Who Is The Holy Spirit? / Please Advise Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.