Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

What Scares You About Your Village - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Scares You About Your Village (1144 Views)

What Are The Taboos/abomination In Your Village? / Name A Masquerade From Your Village / When Your Boy Friend Is The Leader Of Masquerade Group In Your Village [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Scares You About Your Village by carlwinnie(m): 11:14am On Aug 16, 2015
Am currently in my village but this is what i do once in a very long time because there are some things i dislike there.,.. things like to much mosquitoes, to much sanfly,too many people claiming uncles and aunties all offering food and hugs which can lead to witchcraft,bad network etc like right now my whole body is covered with red itchy bombs cause by sanfly......so now NL's what do you dislike when you go to the village or what scares you about your village......
Re: What Scares You About Your Village by Bacteriocin(m): 11:14am On Aug 16, 2015
Tiuntiun
Re: What Scares You About Your Village by nikkiking(m): 11:17am On Aug 16, 2015
Everybody claims to be ur friend shocked shocked shocked.
Re: What Scares You About Your Village by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 16, 2015
The bad road
Re: What Scares You About Your Village by handbagss(f): 11:27am On Aug 16, 2015
My village is just perfect
Re: What Scares You About Your Village by banjicom(m): 11:37am On Aug 16, 2015
Witches, herbalist and monkeys! cheesy
Am from a village in Burundi
Re: What Scares You About Your Village by carlwinnie(m): 11:37am On Aug 16, 2015
nikkiking:
Everybody claims to be ur friend shocked shocked shocked.
yes.isnt dat scary?
Re: What Scares You About Your Village by Samuelkirk(m): 11:41am On Aug 16, 2015
ntin scary
Re: What Scares You About Your Village by carlwinnie(m): 11:45am On Aug 16, 2015
Samuelkirk:
ntin scary
hmmm old women hugs ?!!!
Re: What Scares You About Your Village by TITOBIGZ(m): 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
Snakes..
Re: What Scares You About Your Village by Samuelkirk(m): 2:16pm On Aug 16, 2015
carlwinnie:
hmmm old women hugs ?!!!
creepy right?!?

1 Like

Re: What Scares You About Your Village by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2015
carlwinnie:
hmmm old women hugs ?!!!
Seems you've never had close contact with old people or you watch a lot of nollywood that portrays them as being witches. It is a damaging stereotyping of our senior citizens by younger generations.
Those are not the witches but your friends and neighbours/relatives in your city who knew more about you than this harmless wrongly stereotyped villagers.

I move more freely when in my town than the city I live in because almost all the compounds their are filled with my genealogy. Many cousins, aunts,uncles etc, sometimes , I have to draw a familytree to ensure I know where each of them falls in.

There are bad people everywhere especially in our day to day affair talk more of people you see once in a blue moon harming or scaring you.
Remember, fear is in the mind.

1 Like

Re: What Scares You About Your Village by Dekatron(m): 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
Nothing
Re: What Scares You About Your Village by carlwinnie(m): 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2015
LadyFiona:
Seems you've never had close contact with old people or you watch a lot of nollywood that portrays them as being witches. It is a damaging stereotyping of our senior citizens by younger generations.
Those are not the witches but your friends and neighbours/relatives in your city who knew more about you than this harmless wrongly stereotyped villagers.

I move more freely when in my town than the city I live in because almost all the compounds their are filled with my genealogy. Many cousins, aunts,uncles etc, sometimes , I have to draw a familytree to ensure I know where each of them falls in.

There are bad people everywhere especially in our day to day affair talk more of people you see once in a blue moon harming or scaring you.
Remember, fear is in the mind.

oh i feel bad now but my mumcy told me to be careful maybe that is i am now afraid
Re: What Scares You About Your Village by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
carlwinnie:
oh i feel bad now but my mumcy told me to be careful maybe that is i am now afraid
No dont feel bad at all. Just be yourself, don't be rude and condescending, I'll repeat it again.
Do not be rude and condescending, everybody hates that.

Greets them politely and allow them explain to you how you are related since you cant remember, it gives people a sense of belonging and builds sustainable family solidarity.

The mosquito and sandsfly palaver has preventions, take precautions.

1 Like

Re: What Scares You About Your Village by carlwinnie(m): 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2015
LadyFiona:
No dont feel bad at all. Just be yourself, don't be rude and condescending, I'll repeat it again.
Do not be rude and condescending, everybody hates that.

Greets them politely and allow them explain to you how you are related since you cant remember, it gives people a sense of belonging and builds sustainable family solidarity.

The mosquito and sandsfly palaver has preventions, take precautions.
ok o tanks for the advice
Re: What Scares You About Your Village by Gurgle(f): 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2015
insects, animals in general

being plunged into total darkness at night shocked

(1) (Reply)

Woman Who Welcomed Princess Alexandra To Nigeria In 1960 As A Lil Girl Is Dead / African Traditional Communication Media And Rural Development / Ayiri Emami Installed As ‘Ologbotsere’ Of Warri Kingdom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.