Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,810 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Please Urgent Answer Needed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Urgent Answer Needed (1204 Views)

I Just Got Admission...but Am Confuse! Urgent Answer Pls!! / Only For Genius, Answer Needed / Nairalanders Pls Help!!! Urgent Answer Needed Asap. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Urgent Answer Needed by Eggsy: 11:15am On Aug 16, 2015
Please fellow Niralander, I have this Assignment and I've been searching the Internet for the correct answer but all to no avail.

Question: Reasons why a Nigerian accountant can interpret a financial statement prepared by an accountant in USA?

Please I really need your helps Brothers/Sisters
Re: Please Urgent Answer Needed by gentlesinna(m): 11:19am On Aug 16, 2015
Use ur heaad
Re: Please Urgent Answer Needed by Eggsy: 12:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
gentlesinna:
Use ur heaad
Please help me bro
Re: Please Urgent Answer Needed by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
Eggsy:
Please fellow Niralander, I have this Assignment and I've been searching the Internet for the correct answer but all to no avail.

Question: Reasons why a Nigerian accountant can interpret a financial statement prepared by an accountant in USA?

Please I really need your helps Brothers/Sisters
I think the reason is the same reason why you can read the sentences of the people in the USA, and the reason why any programmer can (usually) read the code of another programmer, as long as it was written in a language they're both proficient in.

Reason is: They both use the same format/syntax.
The same way you write a sentence is the same way an American would;
The same way you prepare a balance sheet is the same way an accountant anywhere in the world would even though the currencies might differ;
The same way you wash plates is the same way someone else where would;
The same way you'd have sex is the same way someone in Greece would; the process is universal, no matter the currency, language or gender.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

NB:
I am not a commercial student, I have no experience at all, just applying common sense.
Re: Please Urgent Answer Needed by Eggsy: 7:21am On Aug 17, 2015
Karmanaut:

I think the reason is the same reason why you can read the sentences of the people in the USA, and the reason why any programmer can (usually) read the code of another programmer, as long as it was written in a language they're both proficient in.

Reason is: They both use the same format/syntax.
The same way you write a sentence is the same way an American would;
The same way you prepare a balance sheet is the same way an accountant anywhere in the world would even though the currencies might differ;
The same way you wash plates is the same way someone else where would;
The same way you'd have sex is the same way someone in Greece would; the process is universal, no matter the currency, language or gender.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

NB:
I am not a commercial student, I have no experience at all, just applying common sense.

Well said bro.... But there is standard for it and US and Nigeria doesn't use the same.... US uses Ganeral Accepted Accounting Principle (GAAP) and Nigeria uses Statement of Accounting Standards (SAS) and later Adopted International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS)
Re: Please Urgent Answer Needed by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 18, 2015
Eggsy:

Well said bro.... But there is standard for it and US and Nigeria doesn't use the same.... US uses Ganeral Accepted Accounting Principle (GAAP) and Nigeria uses Statement of Accounting Standards (SAS) and later Adopted International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS)
So what's the difference between the two?
Re: Please Urgent Answer Needed by Eggsy: 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2015
Karmanaut:

So what's the difference between the two?
That I don't really know, the only thing I know is that GAAP is rule base while IFRS is guideline based

(1) (Reply)

All Universities And Polytechnic Cut-off Marks / Hey / Ican November 2015 Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.