Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,964 members, 7,956,615 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:19 PM

Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? (27782 Views)

Why Do Some Pastors Shout And Jump When Preaching?? / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? / Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by Pque(m): 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
Bacteriocin:

Sure.
But you need to see some pastors preaching and you will understand what the poster of the topic is talking about.

yeah, the poster have a point but there is nothing anybody can do about it even though it may be wrong except we make preach shouting a crime in Nig. which is impossible. That will be the most effective. It may also be the person, personality, style of the preacher or what he simply loves to do. Remember that the bible never state the modes, way or manner preaching should be made to the congregation. What the bible emphasize is preaching the undiluted word of God to the congretion and making it their life style.
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by Pque(m): 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
Pque:

yeah, the poster have a point but there is nothing anybody can do about it even though it may be wrong except we make preach shouting a crime in Nig. which is impossible. That will be the most effective. It may also be the person, personality, style of the preacher or what he simply loves to do. Remember that the bible never state the modes, way or manner preaching should be made to the congregation. What the bible emphasize is preaching the undiluted word of God to the congretion and making it their life style.

my point is if he shouts and speak the true word - Good but if he shouts and still speaks nonsense, that is double palavar
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by sweetlady4real(f): 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2015
Not all pastors shout while preaching, though some do shout. Baba Adeboye doesn't shout while preaching, my parish pastor doesn't shout too. Generally, some people are aggresive talkers and some are cool, calm and calculated talkers.
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by ebus3(m): 5:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
Bacteriocin:
Emphasising because of some people wey dere ears don block.
But not all pastors sha.
you don see Sam adeyemi dey preach b4?

Lol ,some people like u cheesy
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by ebus3(m): 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
EroticAngelina:
I've never heard of him o. jx watch when he becums popular, the shouting will begin.

Hahahaha
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2015
EroticAngelina:
I've never been to a church where the pastor or person preaching doesn't shout..

Does the shouting make the blessing more effective or what?? go abroad, ull never see a pastor literally screaming in ur ears thru the speakers embarassed

I want to know why it is so.

Because they want to make their deceit sound real
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by Philipsdael(m): 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
Feranmicharles:
I've listened to countless of preaching(s) of E.A Adeboye and I never see him shouting. smiley
Its those small Pastors that likes shouting....
And its because, they're still hungry for fame and riches so they scream aloud to create strong impression in the members.
Gbamm!
What pained me more was when i was passing by in a nearby street and i noticed a roaring voice from the upper end of the street. On reaching where the Noice-Pollusionist was preaching, it was pathetic to see him screaming in a small (shop-like) church with 2 skiny members in the shop. Smh
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by rabbuy(m): 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
Because Faith cometh by hearing and hearing the word of God and your pastor prolly thinks that yall have low hearing abilities due to earpiece and the rest so he has to shout...
No mind am

Being real iono about you but the places where I worship my pastor doesnt shout..
We re not clear tho do you mean shout throughout the sermon or occassionally when he is in spirit
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by omojeesu(m): 5:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
They don't have to shout.

But the shout may be:

1. genuine expression of emotions (which can be controlled. The Bible says, 'The spirit of the prophet is subject (under the control) of the prophe'!)

2. fake, mere drama to get the congregation
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by rabbuy(m): 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2015
dobiee:
yep pastor adeboye does not shout when preaching this is one of the reasons I love him!
Cause anytime you see daddy he must have been or still on a rigorous fast.. So he really doesn't have that energy....and he is a mathematican we don't shout we are calculated
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by Inyanga(m): 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
EroticAngelina:
I've never been to a church where the pastor or person preaching doesn't shout..

Does the shouting make the blessing more effective or what?? go abroad, ull never see a pastor literally screaming in ur ears thru the speakers embarassed

So they can wake up those sleeping..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by rabbuy(m): 6:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
Inyanga:

So they can wake up those sleeping..
Abi na wetin man of God go do... After the sitting down to prepare sermon finish you con dey sleep
Baba go shout... The o.p even lucky some churches the pastor go ask them make them stand up throughtout sermon.. You must hear...
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by crispberry(f): 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
Bacteriocin:
But not all pastors sha.

Wa gbayi. That's my pastor
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by stunning4real: 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
EroticAngelina:

mine don't shout. Sam Adeyemi
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by nsaid(m): 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
Did u say all pastors? Pastor kumuyi n papa adeboye no d saut oooooooooo
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by Feranmicharles(m): 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
Philipsdael:

And its because, they're still hungry for fame and riches so they scream aloud to create strong impression in the members.
Gbamm!
What pained me more was when i was passing by in a nearby street and i noticed a roaring voice from the upper end of the street. On reaching where the Noice-Pollusionist was preaching, it was pathetic to see him screaming in a small (shop-like) church with [b]2 skiny members in the shop. Smh
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by Feranmicharles(m): 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
Philipsdael:

Gbamm!
What pained me more was when i was passing by in a nearby street and i noticed a roaring voice from the upper end of the street. On reaching where the Noice-Pollusionist was preaching, it was pathetic to see him screaming in a small (shop-like) church with [b]2 skiny [/b]members in the shop. Smh
imagine grin two ppl and u r still screaming grincheesy nawa. Only God knows who's serving him embarassed
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by Ekaka1(m): 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
EroticAngelina:

First of all you made a wild statement apparently either showing your ignorance or your desperation to make cheap headlines. Now that you have achieved your aim let me educate you a little.
1. Not all pastors "shout"
2. Even if they do, it only shows that God is not allergic to shouts as you will see replicated all over scriptures urging the people of God to shout, make a loud noise etc
3. You said go "abroad" you will never see a pastor.....really?.where is this your abroad? Do I have to travel off to your "abroad" to know that pastors preach differently as a matter of style or temperament just like you will complain about Martin Luther king because Henis not like Mahatma Ghandi....people show passion differently, wether they shout or are mellowed the importan thing is did he or she pass the message and where you blessed or not. If (and I sincere mean If) your healing or solution to a problem was dependent on a pastor shouting the message across will you mind?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
for added effect...
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by Felitsa187(f): 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
EroticAngelina:

I wonder oh. Anoda one that pisses me off is wen they shout while praying. As if God is deaf. Not cool mehn. angry
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by Brainiacmrtolz(m): 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
to keep the congregation from sleeping na
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by Brainiacmrtolz(m): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ekaka1:

First of all you made a wild statement apparently either showing your ignorance or your desperation to make cheap headlines. Now that you have achieved your aim let me educate you a little.
1. Not all pastors "shout"
2. Even if they do, it only shows that God is not allergic to shouts as you will see replicated all over scriptures urging the people of God to shout, make a loud noise etc
3. You said go "abroad" you will never see a pastor.....really?.where is this your abroad? Do I have to travel off to your "abroad" to know that pastors preach differently as a matter of style or temperament just like you will complain about Martin Luther king because Henis not like Mahatma Ghandi....people show passion differently, wether they shout or are mellowed the importan thing is did he or she pass the message and where you blessed or not. If (and I sincere mean If) your healing or solution to a problem was dependent on a pastor shouting the message across will you mind?

you're very wise
thank you
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by coobboy(m): 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
Pastors abroad shout and talk really loud, just like our nigerian pastors @eroticAngelina
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by jornie(m): 8:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
EroticAngelina:

..my dear,ask God
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by DJEhimond(m): 8:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
EroticAngelina:

Try my church.
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by t2luv1: 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
EroticAngelina:

They shout because that is what an entertainer do. I gonna tell you, going to a church in Nigeria is like going to an entertainment event. Folks your Papa/Daddy(whatever title) Adeboye is in the same clique they are all entertainers. Thats the way I see it.
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by t2luv1: 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
EroticAngelina:

They shout because that is what an entertainer do. I gonna tell you, going to a church in Nigeria is like going to an entertainment event. Folks your Papa/Daddy(whatever title) Adeboye is in the clique they are all entertainers. Thats the way I see it.
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by alejopataki(m): 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
Bacteriocin:
But not all pastors sha.
That's real good to know. Some people in Nairaland still with their senses.
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by alejopataki(m): 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
EroticAngelina:
I've never heard of him o. jx watch when he becums popular, the shouting will begin.
Atimes it could be a mistake trying to divulge common info to an ignoramus. Ihn no dey watch Tv. Abi cable never reach ihn village? Na only Telemundo den sabi. Didinrin!
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by uchelouis45(m): 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
EroticAngelina:
who's Sam adeniyi?
Senior Pastor at Daystar Christain Center. And its Sam Adeyemi.
Re: Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? by adullam210: 10:11pm On Aug 16, 2015
intrepid:

So this is your defence of certain people constituting noise pollution right?

How easy to justify everything with the bible. Brother, Jesus did not shout or make eccentric gestures
i don't like noise pollution either, i loathe loud speakers that disturb people outside the church. But, the people in the church must be made to hear what th pastor has to say. Talking gently may not get the attention of the members as some may be dozing, sleeping, or wandering in thought (buying and selling).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN / Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.