Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,856 members, 7,813,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship (27427 Views)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi’s Daystar Celebrates 25th Anniversary / COVID-19: Daystar Christian Centre Won’t Reopen – Sam Adeyemi / Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by HigherEd: 7:36am On Mar 28, 2018
Daystar Begins Saturday Worship Services

The Pastor Sam Adeyemi founded Daystar Christian Centre will begin Saturday worship services at her Church facility at PLOT A3C Ikosi Road, Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos.

The church announced this in a statement signed by Kenny Folarin, chief operating officer at Daystar Christian Centre.

Folarin said the service would hold between 6pm and 7.15pm.

“In a mega-city like Lagos, where many people would love to be in church on Sundays but for unusual schedules and work demands, our Saturday worship service offers that unique privilege to worship God while you attend to work or other things on Sunday,” the statement read.

“For our regular and prospective members, this also presents the opportunity for easy parking space which may be an issue on an average Sunday worship service. In God’s presence, all days are the same with His favours and blessings. Our worship services are value-adding, life-changing, transforming.

“This Saturday worship service would be in addition to our normal Sunday worship services; 7am, 8.45am, 10.30am and 12.15pm. Worshippers can now have options of attending based on their schedules and preferences.”

The church said its mission of raising role models in the society is achieved through “visible transformation in your lives, business and families”. It is however not clear if the Daystar facility recently opened in Lekki, Lagos in 2017 will also hold Saturday services.

The Harvesters International Christian Centre (HICC) Gbagada, Lagos pastored by Bolaji Idowu began the trend of having alternate services on Saturday in Lagos. The Seventh Day Adventist Church however holds her worship services only on Saturday in commemoration of the sabbath.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1311049065705628&id=444807728996437

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by HigherEd: 7:38am On Mar 28, 2018
Well there is no part of the Bible where it explicitly says Christians must worship on sundays. Just like white weddings, easter, christmas. Sunday worship was an invention of the Church which has now become acceptable christian tradition.

I'm of the opinion that the church is free to do as it likes as regards issues like celebrations(easter, christmas), day of worship without looking for biblical correlation since those activities were founded by the Church post bible era...

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by delectablegyal(f): 7:50am On Mar 28, 2018
i have been to hicc and that's like the headquarters of gorgeous ladies in lagos.

i have not been to daystar church. somebody will say "who asked me?" i asked myself.

8 Likes

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by HigherEd: 9:47am On Mar 28, 2018
"Kudos, the concern is that, the time will come when this is generally accepted, the need for first and second or even third service will arise in the Saturday, then, people by the reason of excuses or non, resolved to attending this Saturday services. Gradually, at the offices or work place your attention will be called for on Sunday by assuming you have option to attend service on Saturday. It will become a norm and the government (who are not born again) will make Sunday part of Official days of the week. Already Saturday is an official day for some. Then the time for spiritual thing has further given to the circular.
Just like importing an idea from western world to africa, it is good if consider the difference in psychological development of both worlds.
Just an opinion. I'm indifferent."

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 28, 2018
No comment

1 Like

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Ayoswit(f): 11:56am On Mar 28, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by jayson87: 11:56am On Mar 28, 2018
This is awesome
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by charain: 11:56am On Mar 28, 2018
delectablegyal:
i have been to hicc and that's like the headquarters of gorgeous ladies in lagos.

i have not been to daystar church. somebody will say "who asked me?" i asked myself.
Why is a girl looking for churches with beautiful ladies?
You are either gay or she male.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by enemyofprogress: 11:57am On Mar 28, 2018
Muslims no go like dis o
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 28, 2018
I'm very sure it's not to make life easy for any of his members. He wants to make sure he does not miss out on any offerings, tithes, etc from those of his members that cannot attend church on Sundays.

Awon ole.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by shiekjay: 11:57am On Mar 28, 2018
the business is moving,lol

6 Likes

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by ZombieTAMER: 11:57am On Mar 28, 2018
Some of these Afonja yahoo pastors wish church opens on a daily......

If you know what I mean grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by psychologist(m): 11:58am On Mar 28, 2018
Waiting for tetraoxosulphate IV acid (freeze) to react grin

Av never seen a more confuse man

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by jhydebaba(m): 11:59am On Mar 28, 2018
Money must be made undecided

2 Likes

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Lexusgs430: 11:59am On Mar 28, 2018
Another day to collect tithe and offerings.......

3 Likes

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by IamLadyB: 11:59am On Mar 28, 2018
Sunday service at UCU use to be 7.30pm. Unilorin, Better By Far
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2018
enemyofprogress:
Muslims no go like dis o

Oponu ni eleyi fa undecided

How?

3 Likes

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by adisabarber(m): 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2018
Sabath day is outdated?
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Bukayot: 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2018
lobatan ,just to satisfy their own interest. obey the Sabbath day. .

2 Likes

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by brownsugar23: 12:01pm On Mar 28, 2018
It just like every other weekend programme
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:01pm On Mar 28, 2018
HigherEd:
Well there is no part of the Bible where it explicitly says Christians must worship on sundays. Just like white weddings, easter, christmas. Sunday worship was an invention of the Church which has now become acceptable christian tradition.

I'm of the opinion that the church is free to do as it likes as regards issues like celebrations(easter, christmas), day of worship without looking for biblical correlation since those activities were founded by the Church post bible era...

God actually asked us to keep the sabbath day ( the day he rested from work) Holy. It was the Catholic Church that moved it from Saturday to Sunday( the beginning of the week) and it became convenient for others

6 Likes

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 28, 2018
delectablegyal:

oniranú...

This is why u r still single!!!

1 Like

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by eleojo23: 12:02pm On Mar 28, 2018
Some people will come and argue about sabbath now.
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by stagger: 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2018
Colossians 2: 16: Let no man judge you in meat, drink or in respect of the holy day...

Any day can be used as church service day. Afterall, midweek services were unheard of when I was growing up but is now a regular staple today. So?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by obembet(f): 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2018
K
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by frixie: 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2018
So bad for this generation
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by stagger: 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

God actually asked us to keep the sabbath day ( the day he rested from work) Holy. It was the Catholic Church that moved it from Saturday to Sunday( the beginning of the week) and it became convenient for others

I thought it was Emperor Constantine that did so.I might be wrong though.

3 Likes

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Johnbosco77(m): 12:04pm On Mar 28, 2018
That's good...
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by IamPatriotic(m): 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2018
Money must be made, regardless what the Bible says about Sabbath day, meanwhile, which day of the week is the sabbath day sef? grin grin grin
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Bamirex(m): 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2018
This is confusion... Saturday service day..? Christianity can't be modernized now. Things are changing o endtimes.bible only said a day never ask to pick two days and pick the one the suite your ineptitude.. Either Sunday or Saturday pick one and make it generally..

3 Likes

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Abbeyme: 12:06pm On Mar 28, 2018
Na small small

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MURIC Rejects Bishop Kukah’s Almajiris Plan Of Training 10 Million Almajiris / Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.