Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,916 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Should A Pastor Dedicate A Beer palour - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Pastor Dedicate A Beer palour (648 Views)

Members Dedicate Children, Cars At Word Alive Church In Abuja (Photos) / Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Pastor Dedicate A Beer palour by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
A Pastor complained of how his members are opening beer palours in Mbaise Imo state, and wants him to come and dedicate their business. He is against drinking, selling or giving alcohol according to his understanding of the bible. He doesn't know how to handle this situation, he has tried preaching, teaching or advising the members to stopped the business. The owners use their children (daughters) as incentive to get customers. They leave the church eventually after the continued advice, etc. What approach do you suggest?

NB:
I wouldn't want us to start religious wars here, and I don't take alcohol so don't try to convince me with Eph 5:18. Insults and misconceptions are welcome.
Re: Should A Pastor Dedicate A Beer palour by chiboyo(m): 11:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
An Emphatic no!
Re: Should A Pastor Dedicate A Beer palour by meimoks(f): 11:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
grin I reserve my comment

1 Like

Re: Should A Pastor Dedicate A Beer palour by valmunich(m): 12:01am On Aug 17, 2015
I'm yet to come across the part in the scriptures where alcohol intake was 'vehemently' discouraged . . .

So, what's your P man of God Do you also decline when the proceeds from the business is presented at your Altar in form if tithes and/or offerings?
Re: Should A Pastor Dedicate A Beer palour by Mrbigman1(m): 1:52am On Aug 17, 2015
Alcohol is only said to be prohibited in when one is in a prayer session. Abstain from wine and sex.

Apart from dat, drink and dnt get drunk.

People re really adding and subtracting the thing seriously dis days and members just node and go home without reading for dia own benefit.

Shebi if I carry offering come, make him say na from beer palour.

1 Like

Re: Should A Pastor Dedicate A Beer palour by infinitypro(m): 4:57am On Aug 17, 2015
Yes he should if invited to...

It's good always 2 dedicate everything to God grin grin grin

Evritin is His in d 1st place
Re: Should A Pastor Dedicate A Beer palour by onweson(m): 12:15pm On Aug 17, 2015
Beer parlour provides platform for people to get drunk. Drunkenness is a sin and anything that could lead to sin should be avoided by men of God.
Re: Should A Pastor Dedicate A Beer palour by flaminReed: 1:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
It's not often necessary to try to convince people about the rightness or wrongness of certain actions with respect to their alignment with God's will. One thing I know for sure is that whoever has received Jesus in truth cannot meddle with objects of/or stepping stones to temptation. Though many interpretations to some doubtful biblical texts lie clearly in the spectra of compromise, I think it is better to avoid crossing the scriptures in anyway than to be condemned on the last day for such things b/c of vague perception on our own part..
Re: Should A Pastor Dedicate A Beer palour by ikp120(m): 10:26pm On Aug 17, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/08/15 / How To Tune-in To Gospel Hotspot Radio / A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.