Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Car Respray - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Respray (3702 Views)

Car Respray/oven Bake Recommendation / Respray And Oven Bake Your Car For ONLY N48,000! Offer Valid Till March 31st / Paint-job Diary: Respray Of 03 Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Respray by SweetOlive(f): 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hi guys,

Please I'd like to know how much will it cost me to respray/bake my Mazda Potege 2002 model to a different colour entirely?

Thanks.
Re: Car Respray by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
MrPristine:

I can get it done for you for as little as 45k subject to the condition of the body of the car. You can check out our website via www.pristineautosng.com or call me on 08115051844 thanx.

Mr Pristine, don't you think you actually need to see the car first? And know the current colour, and what colour the thread starter wants it to be?

I just think you're way too quick to quote, even if it was just an estimate.
Re: Car Respray by MrPristine: 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2015
Siena:

Mr Pristine, don't you think you actually need to see the car first? And know the current colour, and what colour the thread starter wants it to be?

I just think you're way too quick to quote, even if it was just an estimate.

That is why i said subject to the condition of the body of the car, if there are issues that need to be addressed then there will be a variation to the pricing. Thanx
Re: Car Respray by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2015
MrPristine:

That is why i said subject to the condition of the body of the car, if there are issues that need to be addressed then there will be a variation to the pricing. Thanx

And subject to the colour the car currently is, and the colour she intends to migrate to. Going from black to white requires more coverage. Going from white to a 3-stage pearl would require a different approach. The car WOULD need to be painted black FJRST, before the 3-stage top coat is applied. MUCH greater cost.

2-pack metallics also cost great deal more than cellulose base paints. There are just way too many variables to even give a rough estimate without seeing the car FIRST, and asking loads of questions that cover the points I raised above. Painting is NOT my discipline, but I know what painting entails, and have painted quite a few vehicles from 1988 till present.

If you give a rough quote of N45,000 BLIND, i.e without seeing the car AND asking questions. The car turns up, the cost could rise to N250K. I doubt the thread starter would go with that. Or you MAY have to cut your costs so low, you'll be working at around N0.50/hour, after blowing the budget on materials, with no incentive to do a decent job, you could well end up with a dissatisfied client.

This is where things start to turn nasty.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Respray by MrPristine: 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
Siena:

And subject to the colour the car currently is, and the colour she intends to migrate to. Going from black to white requires more coverage. Going from white to a 3-stage pearl would require a different approach. The car WOULD need to be painted black FJRST, before the 3-stage top coat is applied. MUCH greater cost.

2-pack metallics also cost great deal more than cellulose base paints. There are just way too many variables to even give a rough estimate without seeing the car FIRST, and asking loads of questions that cover the points I raised above. Painting is NOT my discipline, but I know what painting entails, and have painted quite a few vehicles from 1988 till present.

If you give a rough quote of N45,000 BLIND, i.e without seeing the car AND asking questions. The car turns up, the cost could rise to N250K. I doubt the thread starter would go with that. Or you MAY have to cut your costs so low, you'll be working at around N0.50/hour, after blowing the budget on materials, with no incentive to do a decent job, you could well end up with a dissatisfied client.

This is where things start to turn nasty.

Bros take it easy i made a quote subject to certain conditions and from my experience 95% of customers retain the colour of their cars when they need respraying. If there are issues to be raised when i see the car it would be pointed out but till then that is my quote and we don't charge out labour per hour in Nigeria.
Re: Car Respray by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
MrPristine:

Bros take it easy i made a quote subject to certain conditions and from my experience 95% of customers retain the colour of their cars when they need respraying.

Bro, this particular potential client DID say she wishes to change the colour of her car entirely. The highlighted portion of your post above proves you did NOT read her original enquiry properly before you gave a quotation. smiley

SweetOlive:
Hi guys,
Please I'd like to know how much will it cost me to respray/bake my Mazda Potege 2002 model to a different colour entirely?
Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Car Respray by MrPristine: 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
Siena:

Bro, this particular potential client DID say she wishes to change the colour of her car entirely. The highlighted portion of your post above proves you did NOT read her original enquiry properly before you gave a quotation. smiley

Ok thanx point taken. We charge 10k extra for a colour change.
Re: Car Respray by eherbal(m): 2:18am On Aug 19, 2015
MrPristine:

can you matte Honda Bullet to this standard of work found on your website? if so how much? thanks

Re: Car Respray by mikkyphp(m): 12:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
i want to spray only clear-coat on my black car. any help in the house, and suggestions e.g cost-wise etc?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Respray by MrPristine: 3:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
eherbal:
can you matte Honda Bullet to this standard of work found on your website? if so how much? thanks

Yes we can and the charge is 45k subject to a physical evaluation of the vehicle. Thanx

1 Like

Re: Car Respray by MrPristine: 3:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
mikkyphp:
i want to spray only clear-coat on my black car. any help in the house, and suggestions e.g cost-wise etc?

It's not advisable you do only a clear coat respray as there could be issues that would need to be attended to when the current clear coat on it is sanded down. It's advisable you do a proper respray and we can do it for you for as little as 45k if the car does not have any body work issues.
Re: Car Respray by ikubch(m): 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
MrPristine:

Pristine I should patronise you but I'm based in kogi. Pls I want to ensure my painter here used sikkens autobase for my BMW 5series from metallic silver to deep wine. Pls how many litre of autobase will do and how many litre for the gloss finish. Pls reply asap.
Re: Car Respray by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:43am On Feb 21, 2016
mikkyphp:
Re: Car Respray by mikkyphp(m): 9:34am On Feb 22, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
grin
Boss i hail

(1) (Reply)

If You Could Have Any 3 Cars, Which Would They Be And Why? / Toyota Ascent Or Toyota Matrix / Please I Need Toyota Dyna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.