Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,916 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:51 PM

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread - Phones (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread (780078 Views)

How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510 / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by jmanity: 8:49am On Jan 26, 2016
with all the complaints am seeing here I don't think its advisable to upgrade to marshmallow.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 26, 2016
VKasparov:

By login out of Google Account I guess u mean removing the account? My phone is warning me that if I do so I will lose my contacts, messages and all.
. go ahead and remove it
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by whiz10(m): 10:10am On Jan 26, 2016
larkz:
Hey guys. Since The Mm update, my phone doesn't ring out. Tried the pre-installed ring tones, tried my own media file. Still no sound. Volume is set to the loudest, nothing still. Any ideas?
go to settings, click on sound & notification. click on general if you are in silent or meeting profile. click the gear symbol beside the general. after that click on "phone ringtone".complete the action using media storage. then click on more ringtone...your list of songs will display, just pick the song you wish to use and remember to click okay. after that a dialogue will open with other phone default ringtone together with your selected song. select the song and click on okay again. that all.

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 26, 2016
Downgrade your infinix hot 2 to Lollipop
Lagos and Ogun residents.....
Follow my signature for my contact
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Thelma2507: 10:20am On Jan 26, 2016
Since I upgraded this my fone, the whole thing have gone upside down. Pls how do I downgrage back to lollipop?

Am a new user on nairaland, but over the years discussions here has really bin helpful. This automatic update from 5.1.1 to MM has really dealt with me. All my files wiped out but space used up.

Please how can I stop automatic download on my hot 2?

How can I downgrade back to 5.1.1?

How can I sue Google and android for this they have caused me?

Imagine what it is waiting for nysc and all ur files zapped....just crazy... Realy regret this, the mistake I make is rebooting the fone. Cos I didn't initiate it, it just downloaded it self.

Some one please help
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by whiz10(m): 10:33am On Jan 26, 2016
SanMinato:

If you are experiencing a situation where calls coming in or going out of your phone do not display names even though you have the contacts in your phone or sim or Gmail account then the solution is simply to go and remove the Google accounts on your phone. Go to settings-accounts-google. It will give you a warning but accept it, it's not a dangerous process. After a couple of minutes, log the accounts back in. After some minutes check your call log, you'll discover that the names of contacts are displaying now, and they'll display when you make out or receive calls.

Now note that this doesn't solve the problem of your internal memory being inaccessible. The best advice is not to have data in your internal memory before the MM update, in other words, you should have your data in an SD card. But if you're experiencing this problem, I might have a solution for you. Get an SD card and insert in your phone. Go to storage and try and format the card. It will bring up two options. To format as a portable sd card or as internal memory. Choose format as internal memory, it will pop up some warning, accept them. Then after the process, it will ask you if to migrate the data in your internal memory to your new SD card internal memory, accept. After that you'll notice that all your data are now in the SD card you inserted.

If you don't get asked to migrate then you can manually go to storage internal memory-options and then migrate. Your data will still get migrated to your SD card.

This internal memory issue with MM is not actually a bug. It's one of the new features of MM. It just happens that a lot of us don't understand the purpose and it doesn't sit well with us. Most of the issues we experience with MM are very resolvable issues if you can take time and search through the Web.

The only issue I'm experiencing with this latest February patch of MM is that it has seriously affected my battery life. Like my battery life has been drastically affected. My phone hardly lasts two hours now with normal usage. I suspect it's a bug and I hope the next update will fix that. I've already sent them a mail though.
wait are you now telling me, that after the so called bull crap on updating this agent off dome mobile disaster. I won't be able to use the phone memory again. what then gonna happen to my phone memory? help me understand.
because you said I all format my sd card as internal memory. sorry if I sound disrespectful, but this is beginning to sound like consequences faced after joining a cult group. you are told and giving little but consequences are bigger than life. OMG...
help please!
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by timilehing(m): 10:38am On Jan 26, 2016
Most Infinix hot 2 users rushed to upgrade to Marshmallow without knowing which steps to take before & after updating. I waited till I got the update notification last Saturday & I've already prepared for it.

**None of my files went missing
**No App got deleted as a result of the update
**Not even my browsing history got tampered with, everything was intact
**I've been discovering the advantages of the upgrade day by day without any regrets. Goto Wikipedia or Android official website and read all about Marshmallow. Enough of all these complains due to self negligence
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by TheeRevelation: 10:39am On Jan 26, 2016
Please I'm seeing this Update on my phone that has been downloaded but I don't wanna install.

I hope if I reboot my phone, it won't update automatically
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by TheeRevelation: 10:46am On Jan 26, 2016
Thelma2507:
Since I upgraded this my fone, the whole thing have gone upside down. Pls how do I downgrage back to lollipop?

Am a new user on nairaland, but over the years discussions here has really bin helpful. This automatic update from 5.1.1 to MM has really dealt with me. All my files wiped out but space used up.

Imagine what it is waiting for nysc and all ur files zapped....just crazy... Realy regret this, the mistake I make is rebooting the fone. Cos I didn't initiate it, it just downloaded it self.

Some one please help

Did u install it yourself? Or it happened after rebooting your phone?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by selfmadeOLX(m): 11:02am On Jan 26, 2016
dynamo007:
guy hw fa. Is it still available?

Yes Sir.. Very much available cool
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SanMinato: 11:16am On Jan 26, 2016
whiz10:

wait are you now telling me, that after the so called bull crap on updating this agent off dome mobile disaster. I won't be able to use the phone memory again. what then gonna happen to my phone memory? help me understand.
because you said I all format my sd card as internal memory. sorry if I sound disrespectful, but this is beginning to sound like consequences faced after joining a cult group. you are told and giving little but consequences are bigger than life. OMG...
help please!

No you won't be able to use the main internal memory to store things again. The phone now decides what it stores in the internal memory. Things like apps and app data and cache gets stored in the internal memory. It's entirely at the discretion of your phone. The only memory partition you'll have available to use as you want will be your SD card. The phone can even decide to store some newly installed apps like games and their data in your SD card for you so that it can save some space in the internal memory. In short, the phone sees your newly formatted sd card as part of its architecture, it belongs to it now. And you can't even use the SD card in any other device or pc without formating it to the acceptable (vFAT) system (because the phone had to format it as ext4 partition to make it internal).

Android Marshmallow turned a lot of focus to security of data and privacy, because it's a hot issue in the western countries. That's why we're having all these issues now. Most of us really don't care too much about privacy issues but the rest of the world does, and they're the ones who make the phones so we can't complain too much.

Whenever you remove the SD card (the one you formated as internal), the phone will keep reminding you to put it back in (because it now recognizes it as it's own). If you put the memory card in a new device, you'll have to reformat it and that means losing all your data. So it's adviceable to back up the data in the SD card while it is still in your phone using a PC. Even if you insert a different memory card in your Hot 2, it will ask you if you want it as internal or portable. If you choose internal it will wipe everything on it and format it as ext4 such that you can only access it when it's in your phone. If you choose portable then it will leave the SD card for you as it is but will keep reminding you to put back your old sd card.

It's a bit of an inconvenience but I've learned to live with it. I've adjusted my expectations to the new reality and to be honest, I'm kinda liking it because I hardly remove my sd card from my phone at all. And it's nice to know that nobody can access the contents of your card even if they remove it from your phone.

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Thelma2507: 11:20am On Jan 26, 2016
I just noticed a notification saying update has bin downloaded and should reboot to for it to be installed. Which I did carelessly lipsrsealed
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Thelma2507: 11:21am On Jan 26, 2016
I just noticed a notification saying update has bin downloaded and should reboot for it to be installed. Which I did carelessly lipsrsealed
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 11:25am On Jan 26, 2016
selfmadeOLX:

Yes Sir.. Very much available cool
16.5 k n wia in lag r u?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by selfmadeOLX(m): 11:27am On Jan 26, 2016
dynamo007:
16.5 k n wia in lag r u?

Initial price still stands.. 18k Sir

Ikotun Lagos.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Maya2pretty(f): 11:43am On Jan 26, 2016
No one is talking about WiFi connectivity since the upgrade, my phone stopped connecting to WiFi networks, the WiFi is just like a zombie now angry angry Guys try to connect to a WiFi network and see, Please how do i down grade?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 11:46am On Jan 26, 2016
selfmadeOLX:

Initial price still stands.. 18k Sir

Ikotun Lagos.
firstly y u wanna sell sinz u bot it recently. BTW i'l contact u either dz weekend or early nxt week
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
SanMinato:

No you won't be able to use the main internal memory to store things again. The phone now decides what it stores in the internal memory. Things like apps and app data and cache gets stored in the internal memory. It's entirely at the discretion of your phone. The only memory partition you'll have available to use as you want will be your SD card. The phone can even decide to store some newly installed apps like games and their data in your SD card for you so that it can save some space in the internal memory. In short, the phone sees your newly formatted sd card as part of its architecture, it belongs to it now. And you can't even use the SD card in any other device or pc without formating it to the acceptable (vFAT) system (because the phone had to format it as ext4 partition to make it internal).

Android Marshmallow turned a lot of focus to security of data and privacy, because it's a hot issue in the western countries. That's why we're having all these issues now. Most of us really don't care too much about privacy issues but the rest of the world does, and they're the ones who make the phones so we can't complain too much.

Whenever you remove the SD card (the one you formated as internal), the phone will keep reminding you to put it back in (because it now recognizes it as it's own). If you put the memory card in a new device, you'll have to reformat it and that means losing all your data. So it's adviceable to back up the data in the SD card while it is still in your phone using a PC. Even if you insert a different memory card in your Hot 2, it will ask you if you want it as internal or portable. If you choose internal it will wipe everything on it and format it as ext4 such that you can only access it when it's in your phone. If you choose portable then it will leave the SD card for you as it is but will keep reminding you to put back your old sd card.

It's a bit of an inconvenience but I've learned to live with it. I've adjusted my expectations to the new reality and to be honest, I'm kinda liking it because I hardly remove my sd card from my phone at all. And it's nice to know that nobody can access the contents of your card even if they remove it from your phone.
Are u now saying i can get all my pixs nd videos back witg these process.........
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
SanMinato:

If you are experiencing a situation where calls coming in or going out of your phone do not display names even though you have the contacts in your phone or sim or Gmail account then the solution is simply to go and remove the Google accounts on your phone. Go to settings-accounts-google. It will give you a warning but accept it, it's not a dangerous process. After a couple of minutes, log the accounts back in. After some minutes check your call log, you'll discover that the names of contacts are displaying now, and they'll display when you make out or receive calls.

Now note that this doesn't solve the problem of your internal memory being inaccessible. The best advice is not to have data in your internal memory before the MM update, in other words, you should have your data in an SD card. But if you're experiencing this problem, I might have a solution for you. Get an SD card and insert in your phone. Go to storage and try and format the card. It will bring up two options. To format as a portable sd card or as internal memory. Choose format as internal memory, it will pop up some warning, accept them. Then after the process, it will ask you if to migrate the data in your internal memory to your new SD card internal memory, accept. After that you'll notice that all your data are now in the SD card you inserted.

If you don't get asked to migrate then you can manually go to storage internal memory-options and then migrate. Your data will still get migrated to your SD card.

This internal memory issue with MM is not actually a bug. It's one of the new features of MM. It just happens that a lot of us don't understand the purpose and it doesn't sit well with us. Most of the issues we experience with MM are very resolvable issues if you can take time and search through the Web.

The only issue I'm experiencing with this latest February patch of MM is that it has seriously affected my battery life. Like my battery life has been drastically affected. My phone hardly lasts two hours now with normal usage. I suspect it's a bug and I hope the next update will fix that. I've already sent them a mail though.
will i get all my lost file back with this your process
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Keemie(f): 12:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
My phone automatically downloaded the ota update but I want to flash the stock lollipop ROM because my phone is rooted and I don't want to re download the ota update so I want to copy it to my pc so that I can flash it after I have flashed the lollipop ROM. So can you direct me to the folder where I can find the marshmallow ota update file on my phone. The previous update on lollipop was in the cache folder but I can't find the one of marshmallow there.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
Thelma2507:

Some one please help

It may have downloaded itself, but it certainly doesn't install without you initiating the process.

You can go to settings, data usage, and by the top right corner, tap the three dots and select restrict background data. Note that all apps using background data would be deprived.

Time and time again, it has been said that if make upgrades, one must back up important data.

Good luck suing Google.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 12:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
Keemie:
My phone automatically downloaded the ota update but I want to flash the stock lollipop ROM because my phone is rooted and I don't want to re download the ota update so I want to copy it to my pc so that I can flash it after I have flashed the lollipop ROM. So can you direct me to the folder where I can find the marshmallow ota update file on my phone. The previous update on lollipop was in the cache folder but I can't find the one of marshmallow there.

Check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/hot-2/development/tut-how-to-manual-update-marshmallow-6-t3296507
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dhabeautyjas(f): 12:32pm On Jan 26, 2016
I just got the updat4 and i installed it. I backed up my data on a system as i do not use memory card.
The issue now is the already used up space is still there. I am using glo bis so i dont want to reset so as not to lose imei. I dont want to root the phone. Please any ideas
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by TheeRevelation: 12:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
RandomVic , negga4al ..
Please is your mtn psiphon is connecting? Mine stopped this morning o
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by whiz10(m): 1:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
SanMinato:

wow hmm alot have changed. but can I get my files which are in my phone memory back? and can 64gig sd card work with this phone?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by whiz10(m): 1:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Maya2pretty:
No one is talking about WiFi connectivity since the upgrade, my phone stopped connecting to WiFi networks, the WiFi is just like a zombie now angry angry Guys try to connect to a WiFi network and see, Please how do i down grade?
mine also but it now rectified.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by whiz10(m): 1:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Maya2pretty:
mine also. but it is now rectified.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SanMinato: 3:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
whiz10:
wow hmm alot have changed. but can I get my files which are in my phone memory back? and can 64gig sd card work with this phone?

I'm positive you can get your files back with this method. As long as you didn't factory reset your phone and the memory is reading that you still have data in it but you just can't access it. Yeah I'm positive. And yeah 64gb can work. I use 32 though. I don't want to push things.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by olahpet777(m): 3:16pm On Jan 26, 2016
They should really do something about it and it should be very soon. . do u knw how painful it is , most especially when all the games on your phone can't play again cos of obb... Oh my modern combat progress !!; cry
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Collinz2(m): 3:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
everybody with same complain.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ibietela2(m): 3:59pm On Jan 26, 2016
My USB no longer works, i mean when i plug it into my laptop it won't see the storage

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (270) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? Part II / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.