Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Who Knows This Leaf? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Who Knows This Leaf? (12543 Views)

Benefits Of Scent Leaf (ocimum Gratissimum) / Who Knows This Helpless Accident Victim At Maitama Clinic,Abuja?(photos) / Let's Get To Know More Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf(vernonia Amygdalina) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows This Leaf? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
Help me identify it pls .

Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by delishpot: 6:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
Op what is it used for?
Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 17, 2015
delishpot:
Op what is it used for?

It helps build immune system, reduces high blood pressure , for better sleep # for those that find it difficult to sleep. e.t.c
Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
@ ishilove , lalasticlala or any mod pls I really need to identify this leaf pls do me a favor of shifting it to FP. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by Gboliwe: 7:08pm On Aug 17, 2015
Where are you located, I mean, like state or region?
Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
Gboliwe:
Where are you located, I mean, like state or region?

Ogun state.......why do u ask?
Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by Gboliwe: 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:

Ogun state.......why do u ask?

Because some plants are particular to aspecif state/region
Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by delishpot: 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:

It helps build immune system, reduces high blood pressure , for better sleep # for those that find it difficult to sleep. e.t.c

Choi I need it oooo. I need it to sleep
Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by Gboliwe: 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
What do the Yorubas call the leaf, that way we can find other names for it.

My immune system used to be very low some years back so much that I was afraid of even shaking hands with someone with catarrh. I'll just pick it up instantly. I couldn't use public rest rooms even in my office for fear of picking up an infection. TBH, I have no idea how I overcame that. Today, I go into hospitals, touch the sick and I don't get infected. To God be the glory.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
Gboliwe:
What do the Yorubas call the leaf, that way we can find other names for it.

My immune system used to be very low some years back so much that I was afraid of even shaking hands with someone with catarrh. I'll just pick it up instantly. I couldn't use public rest rooms even in my office for fear of picking up an infection. TBH, I have no idea how I overcame that. Today, I go into hospitals, touch the sick and I don't get infected. To God be the glory.

I don't have any ideal of whatsoever name it has ..
Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by enigstil(m): 11:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
Take it under the culture section, there is a guy that has a tread called ewe ati egbo, check it out, upload d pix, there are lot of folks that tread that knows so much about herbal medicine.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by gozzlin: 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:
Help me identify it pls .

I only know the Igbo name. It's a very special plant that grows from the leaf. When a leaf from it falls on the ground, within days a new one will start sprouting from the leaf.

The Igbo name is "oda o pue" which literally means "it falls and sprouts".
Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 18, 2015
enigstil:
Take it under the culture section, there is a guy that has a tread called ewe ati egbo, check it out, upload d pix, there are lot of folks that tread that knows so much about herbal medicine.

Thanks
Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 18, 2015
gozzlin:

I only know the Igbo name. It's a very special plant that grows from the leaf. When a leaf from it falls on the ground, within days a new one will start sprouting from the leaf.

The Igbo name is "oda o pue" which literally means "it falls and sprouts".

Thanks
Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by beelynk20: 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2016
The plant commonly called Resurrection plant, Never Die plant, Air plant, Miracle leaf, or Life plant; Bryophyllum pinnatum belongs to the plant family Crassulaceae. It is known as odaa opue in Ibo, ewe abamoda or odundun in Yoruba, and da bu si in Chinese. To the Edo, it is danweshin or ekpokpo; afiayo in Efik; umbu in Ijo-Izon.

Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by Onegai(f): 6:43pm On Nov 10, 2016
Kalanchoe Pinnata, Miracle leaf. That's its name. Gboliwe it grows everywhere, especially in Lagos. Go to one of those gardeners selling plants and ask them for it. Mine even flowers.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by AVILLA: 8:42am On Aug 29, 2018
hi im from Bakersfield CA i would love to buy a lot of that plant from you we cant seen to find it here i have ever where even down south and up north as well too can you sent it too me i can mail you the money Never Die plantof what you say in this post '' Kalanchoe Pinnata, Miracle leaf. That's its name. Gboliwe it grows everywhere, especially in Lagos. Go to one of those gardeners selling plants and ask them for it. Mine even flowers. ''
Re: Who Knows This Leaf? by Praxtech: 12:09pm On Apr 26, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Natural Therapy For Typhoid Fever. / Belly Fat After Giving Birth-what Will I Do / COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.