Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,465 members, 7,954,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:08 AM

Nissan Almera 2000 N16 Manual 1.5L Help Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Almera 2000 N16 Manual 1.5L Help Needed (1379 Views)

1.5L, 1.8L, 3.0L Engine? What Do They Mean In Cars? / 1000km Journey Using A 1.5L Petrol Engine Part II / 1000km Journey Using a 1.5L petrol engine, CLARION CALL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Almera 2000 N16 Manual 1.5L Help Needed by nurey(m): 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
good day Good people of Nairaland Gurus please I need your help in trouble shooting this vehicle.

The said vehicle was over heating and as I slowed down to park, it went off, so I never even for once tried to start it, it was towed home. The tow guy said if it cools down, I should fill the radiator with water and maybe it will start if the gaskets hasn't blown. So in the evening I poured water and tried to start, the car cranks (as in tayun yun grin) but the car won't start so I left it after two tries.

the car is a Nigerian used recently bought and am hoping to fix it what I need from the gurus now is
1. I know what a thermostat looks like but I don't know where it is normally fixed in the engine of a car besides Google search hasn't given me a pin point where to search for the almera own so if gurus can tell me so I can know whether his ones has or not and fix appropriately

2. I heard a wush sound like gas escaping once I tried to turn the key

3. there is no leak of water or engine oil noticed anywhere but i have not checked the dip stick reason is cause the hose that supplies engine the one closer to the radiator cap gave way

4. No smoke noticed anywhere just that after I cranked it, I opened the radiator cap and the water gushed out like it was hot but not hot.

5. Immediately the ngine is started b4 this episode the fan starts working and the temp guage moves to the middle instantly means the car has en kazeemized but the engine I noticed is still in its solid rock state.

will scan the car as soon as I find the obdII port.
Re: Nissan Almera 2000 N16 Manual 1.5L Help Needed by mayor2013: 8:02am On Aug 18, 2015
nurey:
good day Good people of Nairaland Gurus please I need your help in trouble shooting this vehicle.

The said vehicle was over heating and as I slowed down to park, it went off, so I never even for once tried to start it, it was towed home. The tow guy said if it cools down, I should fill the radiator with water and maybe it will start if the gaskets hasn't blown. So in the evening I poured water and tried to start, the car cranks (as in tayun yun grin) but the car won't start so I left it after two tries.

the car is a Nigerian used recently bought and am hoping to fix it what I need from the gurus now is
1. I know what a thermostat looks like but I don't know where it is normally fixed in the engine of a car besides Google search hasn't given me a pin point where to search for the almera own so if gurus can tell me so I can know whether his ones has or not and fix appropriately

2. I heard a wush sound like gas escaping once I tried to turn the key

3. there is no leak of water or engine oil noticed anywhere but i have not checked the dip stick reason is cause the hose that supplies engine the one closer to the radiator cap gave way

C4. No smoke noticed anywhere just that after I cranked it, I opened the radiator cap and the water gushed out like it was hot but not hot.

5. Immediately the ngine is started b4 this episode the fan starts working and the temp guage moves to the middle instantly means the car has en kazeemized but the engine I noticed is still in its solid rock state.

I bet to disagree with point number 3. You could have an internal or external leak. I see your case as that of a blown hhead gasket. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837 to run a free scan
Re: Nissan Almera 2000 N16 Manual 1.5L Help Needed by nurey(m): 10:17am On Aug 18, 2015
mayor2013:

I bet to disagree with point number 3. You could have an internal or external leak. I see your case as that of a blown hhead gasket. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837 to run a free scan

the car doesn't start and even if it does, I am not ready to risk driving it cause of the over heating issue. but I will first use my ELM and let you know the result. How much should I budget for Head gasket work cause I am seriously on a budget
Re: Nissan Almera 2000 N16 Manual 1.5L Help Needed by mayor2013: 11:00am On Aug 18, 2015
nurey:

the car doesn't start and even if it does, I am not ready to risk driving it cause of the over heating issue. but I will first use my ELM and let you know the result. How much should I budget for Head gasket work cause I am seriously on a budget
Who knows could be something else asided hesd gasket
Re: Nissan Almera 2000 N16 Manual 1.5L Help Needed by DECOtech(m): 8:02am On Aug 19, 2015
nurey:
the car cranks (as in tayun yun grin)

Hahahahahahaha
Ok oh

nurey:

A scan has nothing to do with an obviously blown head gasket.

nurey:

4. No smoke noticed anywhere just that after I cranked it, I opened the radiator cap and the water gushed out like it was hot but not hot.

Replace ur head gasket, change engine oil and spark plugs and ur good to go.
Re: Nissan Almera 2000 N16 Manual 1.5L Help Needed by nurey(m): 8:41am On Aug 19, 2015
DECOtech:

Hahahahahahaha
Ok oh

A scan has nothing to do with an obviously blown head gasket.

Replace ur head gasket, change engine oil and spark plugs and ur good to go.

the tayun yun was to drive a point home lol

please what has over heating got to do with changing of plugs, I asked just for future reference. thanks in advance
Re: Nissan Almera 2000 N16 Manual 1.5L Help Needed by DECOtech(m): 9:34am On Aug 19, 2015
nurey:

the tayun yun was to drive a point home lol

please what has over heating got to do with changing of plugs, I asked just for future reference. thanks in advance

Changing the plugs is precautionary as a mixture of oil and water due to a blown head gasket might have fouled them. It might not be too necessary to change plugs in ur case.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get A New Golf For #200,000 / Solution To Misplaced Car Key / How Lightning Struck Me In My Bedroom...cos Of Charger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.